Sponsored

If you had no jeep and just acquired $100,000....

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
Pay for motor swap and cage build for my TJ to get it over with. Invest the rest.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'll play. Cause I get it, it's fun. TWO WORDS. Hennessy Mojave.

I am slightly disappointed at the lack of build suggestions thus far. Since when is everyone so responsible in here?

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Pay off my Gladiator, put $20K in mods: supercharger, rims, tires, etc.
Invest the rest, lather, rinse, repeat.
Because I already invest, have excellent stock, and do not plan on retiring.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
All these people talking about being able to buy land and house with $100k and have $$ left over is making me sad.

OP
OP
FishChowder

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
Why are you seeking financial advice in a jeep forum. Talk to a damn advisor.
It was more of a fun post than it was a serious investment question. Don't worry.

All these people talking about being able to buy land and house with $100k and have $$ left over is making me sad.
I hear that. Average price around me for land is between 60k and 250k. The upper end is if you want waterfront The lower end being in a turn key subdivision with about enough lawn for your dog to go pee. An average new-ish 3 bedroom house went from selling for about $350k to $650k in the last year and a half in the same "nice" subdivision. The market has gone insane since Covid. Places are selling for $100k over asking price. Yes there are still more affordable houses around but even the affordable ones are up over $200k and need work.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I hear that. Average price around me for land is between 60k and 250k. The upper end is if you want waterfront The lower end being in a turn key subdivision with about enough lawn for your dog to go pee. An average new-ish 3 bedroom house went from selling for about $350k to $650k in the last year and a half in the same "nice" subdivision. The market has gone insane since Covid. Places are selling for $100k over asking price. Yes there are still more affordable houses around but even the affordable ones are up over $200k and need work.
Want to be really sad? I am building a new house on a 8,140 SF lot about 45 minutes from Vancouver, BC. Including taxes, the lot was $842,000. The build budget is $550k for a total build price of ~$1.4MM. That’s about $1.1MM USD.

Thankfully, comparable in the area are $1.6-1.8MM ($1.2-1.4MM). While this is an upper-middle class area of new homes, it is by no means exclusive.

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on 2023 Gladiator Diesel (long story)
Occupation
Flight Dispatcher / Aircraft Maintenance Engineer /
Okay...Reality has to prevail. So COVID happened, right? Not many saw that coming. So with the way of the world today, and receiving this $100,000, I would buy my JT apocalypse vehicle. Reality must prevail and in order to survive the apocalypse, YOU NEED A BADASS JT! am I right?? I'm right here, aren't I...ppl? Hello? Is this on?!

Anyway, just some Crazy Canadian's $0.02

Merry Christmas ALL!!!
or

Happy Holidays!

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yeah...but man... you live in Vancouver, BC. That's the Canadian Riviera. I have a Nanaimo Rugby Jersey from a misspent youth. Beautiful country for sure.

Want to be really sad? I am building a new house on a 8,140 SF lot about 45 minutes from Vancouver, BC. Including taxes, the lot was $842,000. The build budget is $550k for a total build price of ~$1.4MM. That’s about $1.1MM USD.

Thankfully, comparable in the area are $1.6-1.8MM ($1.2-1.4MM). While this is an upper-middle class area of new homes, it is by no means exclusive.

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely buy a boat...maybe a nice used Boston Whaler 270 Dauntless

OP
OP
FishChowder

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax

Yeah, Vancouver is wacky with the prices. I know a few people who moved away from there for that reason. They got a 3x larger house, several acres of land and all the toys for much less than they would have on the west coast. I still want to visit though. The mountains are calling my name.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, Vancouver is wacky with the prices. I know a few people who moved away from there for that reason. They got a 3x larger house, several acres of land and all the toys for much less than they would have on the west coast. I still want to visit though. The mountains are calling my name.
Yeah, this will be my last home in the Vancouver area. Going to cash out and move after a year or so (to avoid paying capital gains on the profit). Not 100% sure where we’ll end up; either on Vancouver Island, one of the Southern Gulf Islands, Southern Ontario or the east coast.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Real estate is the new toilet paper. People making the "run to safety". Buying houses. Buying dry goods. Pocyclypse, man. But it's over in ten days or a month. Then it'll be like this 2020 happened, oh how lamentable the annum, but nobody learnt anything. I blame ancient aliens.
Sponsored