Sponsored

If you had no jeep and just acquired $100,000....

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
An old dude told me once, "say you took all the money from everyone in the world and put it in in a big pile. Then turned everyone loose. In ten years, the same people who had it before would have it again; and the same people who didn't have before, wouldn't still."

So ole fivers answer from the options outlined in previous posts: tithe, neither borrower nor lender be, and be happy.

In other words, for me it's the good life, wine, woman, and song, in the Jeep of your choosing, parked on your new plot of land. :like:
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We stick with Jeeps because of reliability, excellent resale value and we just plain like them.
We've recently gotten to the point where my wife says - no more payments....... even before, we'd get the looongest term possible, pay ahead, then after while, just pay it off. We've never taken any loan to full term.

I know all that sounds counter to the "use loans and invest your money" thing - but it helps when you end up unemployed - fewer payments on loans and you can then drop the paying extra and go back to the basic monthly number.

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Sometime around the 90s I read an article about how you should handle getting a large sum of money. I believe it was discussing a lotto win or something like that. It said to take 10% and buy whatever you *want* (so maybe buy a $10,000 Jeep), to get it out of your system. Take the rest and invest.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sometime around the 90s I read an article about how you should handle getting a large sum of money. I believe it was discussing a lotto win or something like that. It said to take 10% and buy whatever you *want* (so maybe buy a $10,000 Jeep), to get it out of your system. Take the rest and invest.
Pretty much what I did - but I also added some pain to it to make SURE I really wanted to do it - I agreed with my wife - if I do this, then I have to get rid of something else. We agreed I'd sell my 70 and if I could get past that, then it showed I wanted the JT badly enough. There are some days I look out where it used to sit in the garage and wonder...... but I have to let reality get in.

On the flip side - there's the rest of that inheritance now in with our retirement funds letting us do even more things we've always wanted to do.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
$100k.... Difficult question. If I had no jeep than it would be a split between a house and a jeep. If I had my current jeep - it would be a Dakota Customs 5.7 HEMI swap and a house XD.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Just divide all the money between everyone on the jeep gladiator forums . Remember it's Christmas dont be a scrooge lol;):LOL:

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
The LAST place I would seek financial advice would be a Jeep board. I mean clearly, none of us made the best financial decision when it comes to moving along from point A to point B. - and yet...not many of us have any regrets :)

takemymoney.jpg

Ohio5pt7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ram 1500, 2019 wrangler JL US.
Occupation
Engineer
Buy a fixer upper duplex in my area to house some of homeless vets.
Sponsored