OP
OP
Raven65

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I forgot to mention one thing I DID do to improve comfort… I put an inexpensive neoprene cover from Amazon on my center arm rest because I found the vinyl (Sport S) sticky/uncomfortable. The neoprene adds a little more padding and makes it easier for your arm to move around on it.
Sponsored

Reddog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Army. Retired Construction Manager / Contracting Officer
I may install some .75" seat jackers eventually (I'm 6'2"), but I heartily agree that it's NOT an uncomfortable ride. Admittedly, my Premium Mustang GT Convertible had slightly better leather seats, but that's nit-picking IMO.

Luis
I'm 6"2" as well and I bought the .75" seat jackers for my JT. Both my wife and I agree the comfort is much better with this slight adjustment to the seat angle. I previously had a JK and it was very comfortable from a seat perspective. Not sure what happened with the JT but they didn't get the seat angle right for some of us.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I may install some .75" seat jackers eventually (I'm 6'2"), but I heartily agree that it's NOT an uncomfortable ride. Admittedly, my Premium Mustang GT Convertible had slightly better leather seats, but that's nit-picking IMO.

Luis
6'2" - did the .75. Perfect.

Farmer Fran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude (Metro-Jethro) 2023
My seat goes up and down with the lever.

I really like their comfort.

Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Luis
I initially did the 3/4 inch seat jackers, but felt I was to close to the roof/rollbar. Took them out and preformed a DIY seat slammer where I dropped the rear if the seat 1 inch. I love the position now.

Before I messed with the seat I did a couple 1k miles trips without much issue. But after doing the seat, it's even better.
I notice the difference every time I climb into my wife's Wrangler instead of my Gladiator.

I've done the dead pedal. For under $30 and the ease of install for the one off Amazon I got, I'd do it again. But I wouldn't bother for $100 and having to stand on my head like some of the offerings.

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
My Gladiator is way more comfortable and handles way better than I thought it would. Of course, that is not why I bought it and would have been fine if it was at my lower expectations. Just another bonus!!

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Mine hasn't broke down yet so that's good. It's definitely the most rugged vehicle I have owned in 20 some years but it is also the most capable off road. If I got rid of the mud tires I am sure it would be more quiet but 90% of my driving is to work and back at no more than 60 mph so I am fine. Now its time for some leather seats with seat heat.

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
When I first drove a buddy of mine's JT I thought the interior felt tighter than my '10 JKU. But after getting ours we found it to be very comfortable driving. Even better than the wife's '15 JGC. We took a 6 hour trip a few weeks ago and both commented on how nice it rode, even with my modest mods. We'll know more when we take a trip out to visit family in San Diego a little later this year.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Nice post OP. Agree totally. I absolutely love my Mojave. It’s the best, most fun truck I’ve ever had. I like the ride, handling, and find it very comfortable in all aspects. I daily drive mine, but I’ve made two 1k mile trips in it, and just did a 760 mile round trip this past weekend with my son to get a set of half doors and a soft top from another member. We had a blast, got all the items in the truck easily, and made it back in comfort and style. I never cease to be amazed that this is a solid axle truck, with removable doors and top, that cruises with ease at 75+ and gets 19 mpg. We don’t know how lucky we’ve got it with these things!

Sponsored

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I took an almost 3 week / 5900 mile trip this fall to the CO mountains and Moab. No complaints on comfort for my Mojave. It is not a luxury vehicle but it certainly is not anything to complain about. And it is just FUN!! I do have a dead pedal and after taking long trips without it, I must say it does help. Once in CO it tackled the rocky high mountain passes like a mountain real goat. Love it!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've talked in several places here about the comfort of the Gladiator.
Ours is an Overland with some changes, but nothing radical.
It's been across several states, several long road trips. When it's time to come back home, my wife wants to drive and she'll keep us going until we literally drop. We stop only for gas or other breaks, maybe to get out and walk around the truck, then get back in and hit the road.
Last trip - coming back from Florida, it was non-stop save for 2 or 3 hours at a rest stop for naps. Otherwise, it was on the road endlessly. It's just not a fatiguing ride.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I took an almost 3 week / 5900 mile trip this fall to the CO mountains and Moab. No complaints on comfort for my Mojave. It is not a luxury vehicle but it certainly is not anything to complain about. And it is just FUN!! I do have a dead pedal and after taking long trips without it, I must say it does help. Once in CO it tackled the rocky high mountain passes like a mountain real goat. Love it!!!
What dead pedal do you have?

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
What dead pedal do you have?
I bought it on Amazon but the link from my past order page does not work anymore??? It is a " YZONA Steel Dead Pedal " Like another member mentioned it is adjustable, super easy to install, can be flipped up out of the way while driving. It is not heavy duty steel but good enough for me. You could easily add a steel backer plate to it to improve the strength. I'm pretty sure it looks and mounts just about the same as this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDPMFHF...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aref=sWYnQbBS99
And that is about what I paid for it. I know it was not $100 like a lot of the ones people rave about. I used this in CO this fall when wheeling a lot. No complaints. Good Lucl!

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I came from a 98 Tacoma for last 20 years before I bought my JT. The gladiator is plush compared to it. I've had 10-12 hour days driving and it's fine. Zero complaints. I'm also glad it doesn't have a dead pedal. I feel it gives me more foot room. I can stretch that leg out without it falling behind the brake pedal.
Sponsored