Sponsored

Interior Design - Let's hear your thoughts!

What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Hey Jeep fam!

We'd love to hear from you & share your feedback. What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console? Select all that apply and feel free to elaborate in the comments!
I love the interior of my Gladiator except for three things. One, I HATE that the windows donā€™t have an auto up. Second, I need a safer place to put my phone than between two wet drinks maybe a wireless charger option. Last, have an option for no carpet AT ALL, and full rubber floors for easy clean up.
Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
As long as the carpet matches the drapes, I'm good.

Broccoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Screw the console. How about just putting the window controls back on the windows?

Alright to stay on track, I actually like the center console as is. Maybe it could be a little bigger but itā€™s not bad, looks good and is pretty comfortable to rest your arm on.
How would you put the contols on the windows? Also if you could even lower them, how would you roll them back up once the controls are inside the door?šŸ˜‰

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I like the console. Everything is a trade off. The only addition I would like would be some sort of waterproof lockable storage bin. Something built in under a back seat? Wallet and my wife's small carry bag.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Why is this not already a thing? Isn't it in pretty much every other vehicle on the market? At least within a mile of the price range.
A wireless charger requires space to set the phone, which the Jeep has little to spare. The phone then becomes a projectile in a quick stop or accident, which creates a potential liability problem for Jeep.

I did see a recent post here for a company that will add a wireless charger to the top of the console lid. They charge around $350 for it. I use the lid for an armrest, so this is something I'm not interested in.

I frequently use Android Auto, so my phone is plugged into the center console cable. I don't see any advantage to a wireless charger.

Wageslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 GC Overland, '21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
A wireless charger requires space to set the phone, which the Jeep has little to spare. The phone then becomes a projectile in a quick stop or accident, which creates a potential liability problem for Jeep.

I did see a recent post here for a company that will add a wireless charger to the top of the console lid. They charge around $350 for it. I use the lid for an armrest, so this is something I'm not interested in.

I frequently use Android Auto, so my phone is plugged into the center console cable. I don't see any advantage to a wireless charger.
If you were to add wireless charging, the easiest way would be to add it to the center pocket of the cubbys above the radio screen (slightly enlarged to fit modern phones). At least there, you could just throw it up there and forget it instead of worrying about hitting it with your elbow.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I chose leave it as is - with a "but" - make it more efficient. The shape seems to waste some space. Some of the space in my Overland is all but useless. The space ahead of the shifter - I could put a pocket knife in there, some change, but not be able to get it back out easily.
I believe a bit more efficient design would help - maybe add about .25 to .5" of fore and aft space but use materials that will allow for thinner walls and a less wasteful shape. Some space just isn't really usable due to the shape. I ended up buying that insert that goes into the dash grab handle for my wife to keep her stuff - she's a nut for finger nail files, gotta have a pen or pencil handy and opening the console and digging for a pencil or pen that won't fit in the confines of the console.
I also added the storage that goes along the sides of the shifter area - keep sanitizer on the right, a flashlight and a couple of other things on the left.

Reactions: BAT

Tacos

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ECO Diesel
Occupation
Metal Pattern Maker
Raise the rearview mirror an inch and a half, drop the front seats 1 inch up front 2 in back (give us more lower thigh support that way). Add 1 touch up too on the windows

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I love the interior of my Gladiator except for three things. One, I HATE that the windows donā€™t have an auto up. Second, I need a safer place to put my phone than between two wet drinks maybe a wireless charger option. Last, have an option for no carpet AT ALL, and full rubber floors for easy clean up.
The spot between the drink holders is not for your phone - it's for the FOB! Sales guy showed me that when I was looking at trucks.

Auto-up on the windows - YES (but then again, there's more weight for removable doors???)

Wireless charger - I generally don't even need to charge my phone while in the truck - if I did, I'd plug in the cord. Not sure WHERE you'd put a wireless charger. My wife and I found not all wireless chargers work with all phones. She bought a high-end one that just didn't work with hers but did with her cousins phone so she gave it away.

No carpet option sounds good - a lot of Rubicon and Sport owners may have gone with that.

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
The phone then becomes a projectile in a quick stop or accident, which creates a potential liability problem for Jeep.
This is not a thing. It's in just about every other car on the market. I had one in my ZR2, and it was great. Jeep doesn't have some special flying cellphone liability problem.

Wireless charger - I generally don't even need to charge my phone while in the truck - if I did, I'd plug in the cord. Not sure WHERE you'd put a wireless charger. My wife and I found not all wireless chargers work with all phones. She bought a high-end one that just didn't work with hers but did with her cousins phone so she gave it away.
UConnect 5 supports wireless CarPlay. You'll want that wireless charger, especially on long trips.

Auto-up on the windows - YES (but then again, there's more weight for removable doors???)
How would it add weight? It's a different switch and a line of code in the BCM or something. The window regulator motor is the same regardless. Auto up/down on all windows would be excellent. Not sure why it's not standard across the industry.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If anything come up with a much better underseat storage and just have the seat lock down not the box lid. This would provide much more storage under the rear seat when you have to secure something. I wouldn't mind if the top of the center console came out a bit further for more comfort.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
If anything come up with a much better underseat storage and just have the seat lock down not the box lid. This would provide much more storage under the rear seat when you have to secure something. I wouldn't mind if the top of the center console came out a bit further for more comfort.

My big pet peeve with the under seat storage is if you have a car seat in the center it makes it completely unusable. Make the rear seat bottoms a 30/40/30 so at least you can access the sides with a car seat.
Sponsored