Sponsored

Interior Design - Let's hear your thoughts!

What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not saying they can’t be an option, but if they are going to be standard they shouldn’t be so poorly executed. The hard backed seats with a net or the molle webbing has more uses and fits the build quality of the interior better.
For you.
So see, this is all opinion, not fact.
Make certain things options, leave the rest of us who like what we have alone.
Sponsored

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
For you.
So see, this is all opinion, not fact.
Make certain things options, leave the rest of us who like what we have alone.
This thread is all about opinions, and my opinion is that “leaving it alone” is the wrong decision. If I’m going to be giving my opinion, its that Jeep should cater to what I want and think is the superior option. My opinion is that if you want it you should have to spec it that way.

All that said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but someone else’s opinion isn’t going to convince me to act outside of my own best interests. It’s ok that you think I’m wrong, since there is no real objectively right answer.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
In my opinion you (Jeep) have barely tapped into the aftermarket world. You don't have to recreate the wheel just improve upon it. Partner with the big names in the business. Mopar-Tuffy locking console, Mopar-KC light combos, Mopar-Fishbone bed racks..... something! As per the center console, any place I could put my sunglasses would be nice. Tons of potential lies within that massive dark abyss you have put in the jeeps. I mean seriously its a foot deep and I end up finding a years worth of gas money I didn't even know about every time I clean it out. Oh.. and for the love of God please come out with a Mopar dead pedal.
Heck I am kind of on the same line as one of the previous posters put the danged parking break back down on the floor and free up that space on the console

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is all about opinions, and my opinion is that “leaving it alone” is the wrong decision. If I’m going to be giving my opinion, its that Jeep should cater to what I want and think is the superior option. My opinion is that if you want it you should have to spec it that way.

All that said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but someone else’s opinion isn’t going to convince me to act outside of my own best interests. It’s ok that you think I’m wrong, since there is no real objectively right answer.
Don't think it's wrong - just to make it standard for those who don't want it. If you want it that way it should be simple for Jeep to offer it.
Since it's opinions, we're both right.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Heck I am kind of on the same line as one of the previous posters put the danged parking break back down on the floor and free up that space on the console
Where ya gonna put it? Esp with a stick? Pretty tight. Even a dead pedal is tight in some.
I can see the desire for "console space" but I have a feeling it might be tight on the floor (plus the corrosion from salt and water.)

I suspect there's no good solution.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Where ya gonna put it? Esp with a stick? Pretty tight. Even a dead pedal is tight in some.
I can see the desire for "console space" but I have a feeling it might be tight on the floor (plus the corrosion from salt and water.)

electronic e-brake

ry.com.au%2fSimpsons%2fSimpsonsMovie%2fRunHomerRun.gif

:LOL:

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Overall, if I was making a wishlist from a clean slate, I'm sort of a "no console at all, stickshift and T-case lever on the floor, handbrake on the dash" [like a Tacoma] person. Truck = truck. Handbrake of any kind is desirable for M/T and off pavement and I would never, ever, want a footpedal p-brake or electronic p-brake in this type of vehicle.

But I have to say, even though I am not inclined towards consoles, this is a really well-designed console given the limited real estate. What I can't stand are the consoles in some vehicls that are just big expanses of useless flat surfaces aimed at looking pompously luxurious. The JT console is pretty functional for e pretty good array of uses, given the finite space.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

They could just do away with it (LOL). I haven't used mine since I bought the truck and I don't think I used the one in my two previous Ram's other than maybe a handful of times but I live in the flat lands of southern USA so not like there are a lot of steep hills or anything around here

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Like the one in my wife's Subaru Outback.
Mostly in jest, as I have had 2 vehicles with electronic e-brakes.

There are a fair amount of cars these days with electronic e-brakes, and while they're convenient, I am not a fan. Mainly because, in my experience, they take away the relatively simple tasks of changing brakes out of the hands of owners. Unless you have a special OEM-capable scanning/programming tool, it's become unnecessarily difficult to put new rear brakes on.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like it as is. Good blend of what's needed. At first I was thinking a removable would be good but it may make it too utilitarian.

I would honestly like a couple more power sources. Fast charging USB ports.

Keep it sturdy. My 100lb dog uses it as a perch. Picture for extra points.

20210406_191630.jpg

20210406_182647.jpg
Sponsored