Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I think backs off only may be a bit strange looking. Honestly haven’t seen Anyone rocking that configuration before. Not that is is right or wrong, good or bad. I still say do your thing. That is the key to the Jeep in my mind make it you and if that fits you and your purpose then you are using your Jeep properly.
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I take just the front doors off all the time. I might be in the minority but I think the Gladiator actually looks pretty bad completely naked (no top/doors). There is just not enough space behind the rear seats and it looks a little unnatural to me. I saw a picture the other day of a full hardtop on with just the 4 doors off and I actually like that look. I'm in the market for some tube doors. Imagine how "dorky" i'm going to look with front tube doors on and full rear doors and only my freedom panels removed? GASP! What will the Jeep Community think of me?!

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Warning, just got ticketed in OC Maryland because I didn’t have doors on by a state trooper at 11:30am driving my kids to the beach....seriously???

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The dog tend to stay in better with rear doors on, but I was also curious if this is uncool. :like:
Jeep Gladiator Is it dorky to only take off the front doors?? POLL 81A50E8C-1D3F-4856-8C64-2218D2A89A17

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I will have 2 child seats in the back. My daughters are turning 6 and 4. We paid a premium for top of the line child seats to keep them as safe as possible. I just don't know if I can drive around town and expose them to a t-bone or a kicked up rock like that. I would love some opinion on this.

I'm sure some people will say, "then don't buy a Jeep", because it's not the safest vehicle. But c'mon, there is a range of safety. It's not binary. There are some easy things to do to keep your children safer.

When it comes to a Beach house to the beach drive, then sure, I'll strip it down 100%. A couple of my B-level friends in the back? Sure! (kidding)

So no, I don't think it's dorky at all. Hell, I would take off just the driver door if I was in a rush.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I will have 2 child seats in the back. My daughters are turning 6 and 4. We paid a premium for top of the line child seats to keep them as safe as possible. I just don't know if I can drive around town and expose them to a t-bone or a kicked up rock like that. I would love some opinion on this.

I'm sure some people will say, "then don't buy a Jeep", because it's not the safest vehicle. But c'mon, there is a range of safety. It's not binary. There are some easy things to do to keep your children safer.

When it comes to a Beach house to the beach drive, then sure, I'll strip it down 100%. A couple of my B-level friends in the back? Sure! (kidding)

So no, I don't think it's dorky at all. Hell, I would take off just the driver door if I was in a rush.
What???? Nothing says lovin like a rock to the forehead!

But I wouldn’t be as concerned with the side impact as much as I would something flying in and hitting them. In my last truck I was going through an intersection and from the other oncoming lane there was a big 3500 dually pulling a ditch witch. The guy Was stopped and trying to turn left in front of me. As soon as I made it through the intersection the guy guns the truck and I hear Boom! Followed immediately back a second and much louder bang. That second bang was a piece of his driveline smashing against my rear driver side door where my sons were. Big ol dent in the door was much better than a possible trip to the hospital or worse the funeral home.

if ya gots the youngins back there at least having a mesh door or something to protect from things like that is not a bad idea.

Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
I don't trust other drivers enough to drive streets around me without doors. If I had a place near a beach or a trailhead I could totally see removing them sometimes, and probably would not bother removing back with no back passenger.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
TRUE Jeepers.....have no doors.

In all seriousness....your truck, you do you.

QUOTE="NaughtyGeek, post: 535179, member: 20435"]
True Jeepers only have 2 doors. :devil:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I like to pull the doors and the rear window but leave the top up to protect me from the Louisiana inferno. 2 or 4 removed, it's all good.
[/QUOTE]

Jeep Gladiator Is it dorky to only take off the front doors?? POLL E0E5D19A-7487-434D-BCD3-BF6682716B2D

njvin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Actually did both this weekend! Took all 4 off for the first time. Had to put them on for a quick rain storm (and pending hurricane coming up the coast). Sunday was too nice not to do It again, but was just wife and I. Just pulled the front two and took a drive up and down LBI, NJ. Looked fine and was easy to throw the 2 back on for the storm that (eventually) will get here.

As most have said. “You be you”, screw the rest. (Didn’t take a pic of just the front off).
Jeep Gladiator Is it dorky to only take off the front doors?? POLL B3D1AA17-B70D-4C26-9447-5E62A1935D94

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I like it all off...

Jeep Gladiator Is it dorky to only take off the front doors?? POLL 78ED58BD-BD87-4FF0-A3B6-66E9DE94102E
Sponsored