Is it easy to steal a Jeep?

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
What bothers me is that two factor authentication could (should)be activated as an option on cars. Every modern car has a computer and it could be as simple as enabling a setting for when the car is going to be parked for a while. The key would be step one however that won't start or open the car . it will either send a text or require a fingerprint or face scan just like your phone. Since this is going through the cars computer, it would be much less likely to be hacked even if they stole relay codes since they still would not be able to unlock the car with codes alone.
Sponsored

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I can tell you the cool thing in Houston is stealing tailgates off of trucks. They steal your tailgate, there are warehouses that sell used tailgates. One of our guys had his stolen out of hotel parking lot, went to get a used replacement, it was his! He had a company sticker on it, and you could see the outline where they peeled it off. Police didn't care and wouldn't even come out.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I think the new JL , JT platform are harder to steal, but if a thief wants something they will get it.

With locking console, glove box, and back seat uprights, you can keep things inside safer. If you put a cover over the bed, those items are tailgate locked in the Sport S and up models.

When the doors are off and the top down you just have to let go of worrying about it and let your insurance be piece of mind.
I had a CJ-5 for 15 years and lived in San Diego and Arizona. I rarely had the doors on, and never lost a thing, but I traded that in in 1988. Much has changed.
Sponsored