First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Radiology
Hey I thought of putting a kill switch in mine. Has anyone tried using of these in the spot for the fuel pump? It’s a Bluetooth activated relay. You would have to use your phone to activate the relay to start your car. Any thought?
Jeep Gladiator Is it easy to steal a Jeep? 9B6E0A32-AACC-434C-B4BE-0DEF2D26FE75
Sponsored

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
I can’t abide thievery or the destruction associated with it. Costing others time and money. Those unproductive parasites don’t deserve any consideration. I’m for going full on Fight Club... “Take his balls.”
The thoughts that went through my mind, one included staging the truck in the same place with something valuable on the dash while I waited inside with a few mags. See how many teeth id have to take to get enough money from the tooth fairy to cover losses..
You should try to see if you can get a glass window for that thing. Or at least lexan?

I was all set for the soft top, but I think I'm going with a hard top instead.
I'm still waiting on mine.. covid has slowed down movement of parts through Mopar.

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
Very sorry about your Gladiator being violated by a thieve, BTDT with other soft top Jeeps I had in the past. Never ever lock a soft top vehicle.
That's the kicker... It wasn't locked... It was just the most hidden location from the cameras at the hotel... Cameras that don't even record‍♂

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Dumb question, but.....if you walked up to your Jeep and saw somebody sawing through the top with a knife - could you draw on them?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question, but.....if you walked up to your Jeep and saw somebody sawing through the top with a knife - could you draw on them?
It depends on the state you're in, but generally only if they come after you with the knife.

Sponsored

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
Been trying to find that out.. draw on them... Maybe.. I'm thinking of you just so happen to be sleeping in your car and see that, now it becomes a self defense thing

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Depends on how you want to discuss stealing. When I first got my JK my coworker talked me into getting a set of wheel locks because someone once took the spare right off his old YJ. Fair enough, on when a lock. Then after a winter it promptly came off because the locking lug rusted badly and the key became a questionable fit.

Since then I've parked it all day every day at the train station with no top and no doors and the worst I found done was someone elses fast food bag on the passenger floor and a dollar in the cup holder.

Taking the whole jeep requires either a wild cat tow rig or a flatbed. The days of stereos gone missing I think are long behind us, the secondary market doesn't really exist much anymore. Pillaging your console is a reality in a lot of places , my wife loves to retell the tale of her old new yorker getting broken into for about 1.50 in change in the ash tray (remember those?) in Baltimore, but really whats to steal these days really? When the homeless guy has a better phone than me, does he really need my charger?

I want to say the biggest threat is assholes. Assholes will cut your soft windows just because. Assholes will leave their bag of beer cans on your seats just because. Assholes will smear their half eaten burrito across your windshield out of boredom. In their crowning glory assholes might even pull out your winch line and tie it around a parking meter or three. Assholes gonna asshole.

Kill switches, ignition interlocks or covert master battery switches are not a bad idea at all if you find yourself transiting some sketchy areas. where it making sure only you can start it could be important. I'm a fan of interrupting the starter power because it's the easiest to bypass in the event of problems. Getting fancy with hidden switches and relay patterns sounds cool until you're in a rush. But on the flip side I've seen a truck not get started simply because they couldn't figure out the clutch switch was relocated to a high beam floor switch right next to it. So yeah it can be stone simple.
Jeezus man those are some hardcore assholes you have run into!LOL

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Jeezus man those are some hardcore assholes you have run into!LOL
To be clear assholes only messed with the winch line, the other are things I've seen happen to others, one guy had a bowling ball thown into his windshield because it was there.

And the assholes who hooked my winch line to the meters were coworkers playing a joke on me... wasnt funny or even that much of a problem, mostly a big time suck getting it free.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Park it in East LA, or one of many other large cities some night, and you'll have your answer.
Or south side of Chicago - your Jeep will be raided and you will be shot, all in the same night.

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Or south side of Chicago - your Jeep will be raided and you will be shot, all in the same night.
One night, 5 years ago, my GPS routed me off I90 because if a traffic jam. I ended up on the south side of Chicago, at night. After that I learned to ignore my GPS in some cases, and suffer through traffic jams. lol

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
just park it at a Trump rally with a Biden sticker on it.