Sponsored

Is it me, or does the Jeep windshield soak up way more bugs?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Put the windshield down.

Comes in all your favorite Jeep colors!

BF33FA20-8357-4EEE-9CF3-7688D78262C6.jpeg
Wait, you're saying you can use those for more than just covid protection? :CWL:
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like my windshield is covered in bug guts. I’ve don’t remember it ever being this bad on any other vehicle I’ve owned. I’m assuming it’s the steeper angle of the Jeep windshield. Y’all notice this? I’m not sure how effective they are, but it might be time to actually look into a bug deflector.
Naw, it's just you. :)

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Stay way back from dump trucks and flat beds, etc... its not Guaranteed to happen but some situations you might not be able to control.

For The bugs, i try to have glass wipes, i think rainx helps too
Forgot to add: we sometimes make a game of it, who’s side gets more (drivers passengers)

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Stay way back from dump trucks and flat beds, etc... its not Guaranteed to happen but some situations you might not be able to control.

I do. One was in front of me the other day on the entrance ramp, once I hit the 3 lane, I got all the way over and stepped on it to get in front of him.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i had my windshield ceramic coated and use rainx washer fluid in all my vehicles. Works pretty well. i also believe you can rainx over ceramic coating for a double effect.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Doesn’t help with rocks, but I wax my windshield every couple of weeks. At least the bugs come off easier.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Doesn’t help with rocks, but I wax my windshield every couple of weeks. At least the bugs come off easier.
I put on the Mopar deflector on the front of the hood. Protects the front of the hood, but that's about all it does.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I know that I catch quite a few bugs to my forehead when I'm running with my windshield off. I caught a big juicy one dead center this morning on my way to work.

As far as keeping cleaner and towels with you its a great idea. While I was on a road trip for vacation I stopped at a store and got some windex wipes. They do not work well without a paper towel to wipe up the mess that they loosen off the glass.

As far as cracked glass goes I can say that after 94K miles on my JK and 17K on my JT I have knock on wood have never had this happen. I never tailgate anyone. I leave a 8 to 10 sec gap at all time. Sure I have other terrible driving habits.But I don't tailgate.
Don't have to tailgate to have a busted windshield. I was in the left of three lanes, a cement truck in the far right of the 3 lanes. I was also about 6 lengths back at 55 mph. A rock flew off that cement truck, across all lanes and smacked the center of my wife's Grand Cherokee windshield. I could see it as if it was in slow motion - surreal for sure. It was like a homing missile.
My son was driving alone on a road heading to our house in his new Compass - all of a sudden he heard a smack and his glass was cracked. Best he can figure is someone was shooting down by the river about a half mile away as it was a weird break in the windshield. There wasn't another vehicle on the road at all.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Don't have to tailgate to have a busted windshield. I was in the left of three lanes, a cement truck in the far right of the 3 lanes. I was also about 6 lengths back at 55 mph. A rock flew off that cement truck, across all lanes and smacked the center of my wife's Grand Cherokee windshield. I could see it as if it was in slow motion - surreal for sure. It was like a homing missile.
My son was driving alone on a road heading to our house in his new Compass - all of a sudden he heard a smack and his glass was cracked. Best he can figure is someone was shooting down by the river about a half mile away as it was a weird break in the windshield. There wasn't another vehicle on the road at all.
I cant argue with that. On my way home from SMORR and Hot Springs last weekend I had a rock come off a tractor trailer just as you described. It was like a slow motion missile. Hit my windshield at 75MPH. I was sure it was chipped until I pulled into the next file stop and washed the window. Man I was definitely lucky with that one.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you buy zero deduct comp, yes...
Right.

People ASSUME that because THEIR insurance in THEIR state has 0 deductible that all of us do that's simply not true.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Mine has stayed much cleaner since I installed the deflector. It could also be that the drought and heat have killed most of the bugs in Southern Virginia.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has stayed much cleaner since I installed the deflector. It could also be that the drought and heat have killed most of the bugs in Southern Virginia.
That may explain the lack of bugs here, too. It's so bad the birds are drinking the water out of the ant moats I made to put on the top of the hummingbird and oriole feeders to keep the ants out. There's not been a single ant even after the birds drink all the water (and my wife sends me back out to put more water out)
On the positive - I haven't had to mow in a long time.

Alfonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator and 2012 Nissan Frontier
I keep this in my JT. Mostly city driving and only have used this on trips.

Jeep Gladiator Is it me, or does the Jeep windshield soak up way more bugs? 1659648397917
Sponsored