First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Consider it this way. As an example say right now you get $35k for your trade and maybe $3k off your new order. With the silly used market being what it is. Or you wait 6-12 months and only get $30k for your trade, but incentives on new are better and you get $8k off the new order. Very hypothetical, but a good possibility. My crystal ball was wrong once before.🤔
But you say you want new, and you want it now, so really your question is kind of irrelevant I think.
Just do it…..you know you wanna.😏

My wife and I bought two new vehicles this year, not a great amount off the MSRP’s, but ridiculous money for the trades.
We are happy.😁
Sponsored

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Depends. You'll need to walk away from 20+ dealers until you find an honest one. I Paid MSRP with 2K off at a local dealer. I did need to shop at many before I got this deal. I understand you need to pay staff and keep lights on but some dealers charge 5-10k over. Someone will pay it, but it won't be me.

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
i just bought our 2nd JT this year, one for me and one for her ... last week (11/12) our local Red Lion, Pa dealer sold me a Nacho Freedom for MSRP minus $1900 (invoice price) then took $1500 off because he had this JT sitting on his lot since late march ... you gotta LOOK around and shop hard IF you want to save $$$$

6.jpg

8.jpg

34.jpg

20211117_162631_resized.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
@Trickster pretty much hit the nail on the head. IF you are selling or trading an existing vehicle this is a normal time to buy because it all comes out in the wash. Yes you're paying more for the new vehicle, but you're also getting a lot more for your used one. If you need/want a JT, go for it.

You don't have to look or shop for a good deal. Just email Daniel over at Gupton Motors and he'll get you taken care of no questions asked, no haggling.

As far as the diesel and towing, I've towed more extensively than probably anybody on this forum with the gasoline Max Tow trim as well as the diesel. For towing there is no way I'd ever go back to gasoline again. When I pull my loaded 8.5x24 enclosed trailer, I'm at the ragged edge of GTW rating, GAWR, GCWR, payload, maximum allowed frontal area, etc. etc. if not slightly over. The gas engine in the Max Tow trim does a respectable job for what it is, but the diesel gobbles it up as if it enjoys it.

Long live the diesel engine.

Sponsored

Mrtaylor1982

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Asset remarketing
It's not the greatest time to buy. Shortages have caused dealers to lower discounts, eliminate them all together or in some cases charge over MSRP. There are still deals out there. Just not to the degree that they were a year ago. Also if you are ordering wait times are even longer due to parts availability.
All above is true, however if you plan on selling or trading in the other one you will never get a higher price for it then now. The used car market is the craziest I’ve ever seen due to shortages (been in the business for 20 years). Used cars are going for higher then new ones on 1-2 year old cars.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Just for context, I bought my 2018 JLUR in Sept 2018 for $43,400 out the door (the one in my profile pic). I'm trading it in on a 2022 JTR and am getting $43,000 for my trade in with 46,000 miles on it.

OP
OP
Shawnu22

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
@Trickster pretty much hit the nail on the head. IF you are selling or trading an existing vehicle this is a normal time to buy because it all comes out in the wash. Yes you're paying more for the new vehicle, but you're also getting a lot more for your used one. If you need/want a JT, go for it.

You don't have to look or shop for a good deal. Just email Daniel over at Gupton Motors and he'll get you taken care of no questions asked, no haggling.

As far as the diesel and towing, I've towed more extensively than probably anybody on this forum with the gasoline Max Tow trim as well as the diesel. For towing there is no way I'd ever go back to gasoline again. When I pull my loaded 8.5x24 enclosed trailer, I'm at the ragged edge of GTW rating, GAWR, GCWR, payload, maximum allowed frontal area, etc. etc. if not slightly over. The gas engine in the Max Tow trim does a respectable job for what it is, but the diesel gobbles it up as if it enjoys it.

Long live the diesel engine.
That is great to hear WXman, I won't be at that kind of weight (7.5'x18' aluminum V-nose) and a UTV so I should be good to go.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Any time is a bad time if you let yourself get taken advantage of. I saved a boat load in October taking advantage of trade ins and deals.

HardCase

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
Back in June I had to pay MSRP for my Mojave, but got $11,000 more than anticipated for my 4 year old but low mileage Tacoma, so I was okay with not getting a $2000 discount on the Gladiator. It’s a weird market right now but you might find that you can come out well on the flip given that you have a desirable vehicle to sell/trade.
Sponsored