Sponsored

Is the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Delayed Until Summer?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
We knew it they wouldn't be here until June at the earliest but am hoping TFL hasn't unearthed a longer delay.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/05/re...ladiator-launch-edition-delayed-until-summer/
Look at other threads on this forum. This has been well discussed (vs. anonymous rumor from TFL). As recently as today some folks have LE ship dates scheduled later in May. Granite LEs won't start build until July 8, so those will probably be around August for delivery.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
MY LE is D1 with an estimated ship date of 5/15. So I think the anonymous quote may have been from JLEngineLine!

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
As written, it is fair... it’s worded as “reports of” and “pending confirmation”

Realistically, our statuses mean nothing... No one has an LE yet... except maybe Noah...?

Sponsored

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
As written it is fair... it’s worded as “reports of” and “pending confirmation”

Realistically, our statuses mean nothing... No one has an LE yet... except maybe Noah...?
True. Plus they reached out to Jeep for a comment. So hopefully this will get us closer to an answer. Since speculation is all over the place.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As written, it is fair... it’s worded as “reports of” and “pending confirmation”

I agree it is written in a cover your ass type fashion. At the same time there is a mountain of proof on this forum that disproves what was written. To me this was just set up to be click bait to get more YouTube views to the attached video.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Maybe it has to do with the shortage of steel front bumpers.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I agree it is written in a cover your ass type fashion. At the same time there is a mountain of proof on this forum that disproves what was written. To me this was just set up to be click bait to get more YouTube views to the attached video.
I wouldn't characterize info on the forums as being a "mountain of proof". Maybe a mountain of speculation. I'm not banking on anything I see on the forum as "proof" for what's going on with my LE build. Proof is me getting a direct communication from Jeep with a status. Otherwise anything else is pure speculation.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't characterize info on the forums as being a "mountain of proof". Maybe a mountain of speculation. I'm not banking on anything I see on the forum as "proof" for what's going on with my LE build. Proof is me getting a direct communication from Jeep with a status. Otherwise anything else is pure speculation.
I will put 20 bucks down and send it to you PayPal if there is not atleast one LE sticker on the tracker by May 22. (2 weeks from today). I think there will be close to 20 or more.

The proof is in the D1 status that many have gotten. This information is from Jeep regardless if your hear it from the dealer. Which means parts are on hand and the build scheduled. Baring a full production line shut down those est ship dates are going to be close to the build dates even if it doesn't ship right away.

If everyone was still in D status I would have a different take and would agree that maybe the story has some truth.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I will put 20 bucks down and send it to you PayPal if there is not atleast one LE sticker on the tracker by May 22. (2 weeks from today). I think there will be close to 20 or more.

The proof is in the D1 status that many have gotten. This information is from Jeep regardless if your hear it from the dealer. Which means parts are on hand and the build scheduled. Baring a full production line shut down those est ship dates are going to be close to the build dates even if it doesn't ship right away.

If everyone was still in D status I would have a different take and would agree that maybe the story has some truth.
I'm with you - but even a sticker in the tracker doesn't mean that they'll get it before "summer." At this point, June 21 is right around the corner...

I was actually thinking, if I don't hit D1 by May 31... I do feel like I'm going to want to get a fully-loaded rubi off a lot. Hopefuly Tri-City.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I have stopped thinking about when I would get it. Even though I was one of the first few to get a VIN, I am still stuck on a D status for my LE LOL... I am just going to have it play out and think about the positive things such as the additional time to do research on the mods I will be buying and saving more money for a bigger down payment... I don't think I am getting my LE till mid to late July...

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
I have stopped thinking about when I would get it. Even though I was one of the first few to get a VIN, I am still stuck on a D status for my LE LOL... I am just going to have it play out and think about the positive things such as the additional time to do research on the mods I will be buying and saving more money for a bigger down payment... I don't think I am getting my LE till mid to late July...
Same here...dang near lowest VON/VIN on the forum and still stuck in D with no date. My temper is beginning to boil so I shot a note just now to the new jeep cares group here hoping they can provide some reason for why this is not a typical FIFO manufacturing process....I'm driving around seeing them on my local dealer lots, seeing a couple driving in my area and have one of the lowest VON/VIN's and feel like I'm being passed over. There has been no "Launch" feeling in this Edition....(end rant)