Sponsored

Is there some kind of 'rivalry' with Tacoma owners??

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I was taught that if there are 3 lanes, the right lane is for entering and exiting, the center for cruising, and the left for passing,.
That is correct, but many don’t get it.
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but why were you in the middle lane if the interstate was empty? Might be why, you should have been in the right lane, it's seriously annoying when people drive slow in the middle lane.
And that why driving in Florida is so congested. Left is to go around the slower vehicles, center for as mentioned cruising, and the right lane to allow vehicles to enter the roadway and exit.
And the there are those that sit in the left lane, not passing anyone and doing the speed limit thinking that’s okay.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I've owned two Tacoma's and an FJC.

I've had some negative encounters with Tacoma bros in my Gladiator and on two wheels.

They can attract a ton of Monster Energy Kyles.

However in my area by far the worst, most aggressive and dangerous drivers are the Charger drivers.

Followed by the buy here pay here tagged Nissan sedans.

OP
OP
ResurrectionManNH

ResurrectionManNH

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Defense Contractor
No it is jealousy and seriously doubt they are reaching 90mph that quickly because Tacoma’s though reliable are
Seriously underpowered.
I have similar things happen, even some flipping me off. Right after getting my JT I had a Yota owner do this. At the light we rolled down windows and I asked what that was for? He said it is his Jeep wave! 🤣
Maybe they had some kind of tuni
Idiots in all kinds of vehicles, I generally don’t care about vehicles behind if tailgating I will just move over.
And that why driving in Florida is so congested. Left is to go around the slower vehicles, center for as mentioned cruising, and the right lane to allow vehicles to enter the roadway and exit.
And the there are those that sit in the left lane, not passing anyone and doing the speed limit thinking that’s okay.
Exactly what I was doing, cruising in middle lane. I never go left lane unless passing. One of my biggest pet peaves when idiots sit in left lane.

Sponsored

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
If you would have said Dodge truck I would have agreed. There is not a bigger core of assholes around than those that drive Rams.
Ouch !! Proud Dodge truck driver but don't see that....but on the other hand i see the Tacoma hate often in Colorado in my Jk or my Jt but especially when i pass them in my diesel Jt pulling a trailer going uphill lol

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Ouch !! Proud Dodge truck driver but don't see that....but on the other hand i see the Tacoma hate often in Colorado in my Jk or my Jt but especially when i pass them in my diesel Jt pulling a trailer going uphill lol
Lol well it’s not everyone! But it never fails, you’ll look up and out of nowhere is a Dodge Ram up your ass on the highway lol. Happens to me all the time.

GI Grandpa

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
US Army Retired
Hey all, have had 2 aggressive experiences with Toyota Tacomas over the last couple weeks. First one, I'm just cruising in the middle lane on the highway and this Tacoma comes flying up behind me in the middle lane riding my ass for a minute or so - and I mean close - then quickly goes into left passing lane and flies around me at about 90 mph. Highway was empty at the time. Then yesterday I was sitting in traffic coming up to a traffic circle and another Tacoma keeps lurching forward behind me inches from my bumper then on the other side of the circle there is an on-ramp to the highway and this guy flies around me over the white lines and goes up to easily 90 or more through the on-ramp cutting me off and onto highway. Maybe just a coincidence with 2 asshole Tacoma owners? Never had an experience like this in my JL. Maybe they see that I have a diesel and want to race? Who knows...
Dude, You live in New Hampshire, did you check the plates? May have just been a couple of Massholes ;)

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Maybe they had some kind of tune
🤣 the only tune that would move those things any faster would be a v-8 swap. Trust me I’ve had them and I’ve driven the latest models.
Toyota under-powers them IMOP for reliability.

Sponsored

Rockridgeboss

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator,’42 G503 MB,’58 M138A1,’76 M151 MUTT
Occupation
CEO/COO Rockridge Farm, Inc.
Sound like "California transplant" drivers!
But seriuosly, I ran my JT out to Ocotillo Wells OHV a few weeks ago and ran with a group about 45 Toyota guys (San Diego club). They were nothing but nice and welcomed me to join up with them. Got TONS of complents on my Gladaiator and made a bunch of new friends! Had a great time!

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I was taught that if there are 3 lanes, the right lane is for entering and exiting, the center for cruising, and the left for passing,.
Slow traffic keep right is the rule. Unfortunately it's not enforced.....

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
And today it was a diesel Chevy with two 8” vertical used to be chrome stacks at the front of his box, rolling coal, 2 rednecks no seatbelts, no signals zooming through traffic at close to double the city speed limit.
Everyday there is at least one douche bag like this. Definitely not brand specific.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Slow traffic keep right is the rule. Unfortunately it's not enforced.....
Or, “Keep right except to pass”.
Some don’t think they are slow, so the rule is not understood well.
Sponsored