Sponsored

Is this the best deal on a Gladiator?

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Went to Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO. Very nice, low pressure dealer to work with. I also like their service dept. To top that off, you too can get an almost fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon for ONLY $8995 ABOVE MSRP! hahahaha.

Seriously I do like this dealer. The salesman was a good fella with ZERO pressure. I think I could have gotten it for MSRP if I had asked for that price but I'm not a serious buyer right now and I won't be until hydro blue or gator green comes out. I won't even place an order until I see the green in person. But damn the Gladiator Rubi looks VASTLY better than the Overland I saw last week. Even white looks pretty damn good.

47824611691_6d181c9c54_b.jpg
Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
REF Post #39: What that says is "Market Value Selling Price", it does not say MSRP (as stated on the window sticker. Is that the MSRP as shown on the window sticker???

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
Went to Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO. Very nice, low pressure dealer to work with. I also like their service dept. To top that off, you too can get an almost fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon for ONLY $8995 ABOVE MSRP! hahahaha.

Seriously I do like this dealer. The salesman was a good fella with ZERO pressure. I think I could have gotten it for MSRP if I had asked for that price but I'm not a serious buyer right now and I won't be until hydro blue or gator green comes out. I won't even place an order until I see the green in person. But damn the Gladiator Rubi looks VASTLY better than the Overland I saw last week. Even white looks pretty damn good.
Sgt, oldest scam on the books. It's common at all vehicle dealers from motorcycles to cars etc. That said only the lazy pay the "market adjusted price"

When I wen to buy my Z06 Corvette it was $10k over MSRP at the biggest Corvette dealer in Dallas Ft Worth. So I started searching and drove first to a little town just S of DFW. They did not have a lot full of Corvettes and I said I wanted to order a Z06. The sales girl said no problem, $1000 over the invoice, no hassle! I ordered it, had it in 6 weeks, one of the first to come in. We had a good laugh. She told me they sell a lot of Corvettes for a tiny dealership and was because of the BIG Chevy dealer in Dallas. 2 years later Z06 were still marked up over MSRP, I sold it, $2000 over what I paid for it!

Take away, there is ALWAYS a dealer who will deal when others are trying to get stupid money.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sgt, oldest scam on the books. It's common at all vehicle dealers from motorcycles to cars etc. That said only the lazy pay the "market adjusted price"

When I wen to buy my Z06 Corvette it was $10k over MSRP at the biggest Corvette dealer in Dallas Ft Worth. So I started searching and drove first to a little town just S of DFW. They did not have a lot full of Corvettes and I said I wanted to order a Z06. The sales girl said no problem, $1000 over the invoice, no hassle! I ordered it, had it in 6 weeks, one of the first to come in. We had a good laugh. She told me they sell a lot of Corvettes for a tiny dealership and was because of the BIG Chevy dealer in Dallas. 2 years later Z06 were still marked up over MSRP, I sold it, $2000 over what I paid for it!

Take away, there is ALWAYS a dealer who will deal when others are trying to get stupid money.
Oh certainly man. That's why I laughed when typing that statement. I've bought/sold 43 cars in my short life (I probably need an intervention) and no matter how new or popular the car is, I've never paid a penny above MSRP. The worst deal I've ever done was for a 2008 New Beetle that I bought for my wife. The dealer, Springfield VW in Virginia, wanted $3000 above MSRP but all I had to do is say I would pay MSRP and that's it. I wouldn't have even paid that but it was the VERY first New Beetle in the area and I wanted to surprise my bride for her birthday.

BTW, Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs just called me. They told me that if I have Tread Lightly, they'll sell me a Rubicon Gladiator for 3% below Invoice. Honestly, I'd pull the trigger on that right now except I WANT Gator Green or Hydro Blue. So I'm happy to wait.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Oh certainly man. That's why I laughed when typing that statement. I've bought/sold 43 cars in my short life (I probably need an intervention) and no matter how new or popular the car is, I've never paid a penny above MSRP. The worst deal I've ever done was for a 2008 New Beetle that I bought for my wife. The dealer, Springfield VW in Virginia, wanted $3000 above MSRP but all I had to do is say I would pay MSRP and that's it. I wouldn't have even paid that but it was the VERY first New Beetle in the area and I wanted to surprise my bride for her birthday.

BTW, Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs just called me. They told me that if I have Tread Lightly, they'll sell me a Rubicon Gladiator for 3% below Invoice. Honestly, I'd pull the trigger on that right now except I WANT Gator Green or Hydro Blue. So I'm happy to wait.
Wait for Gator, don't let the wait taint you! Also possible by then 7% below invoice will be back.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
You guys are great! I had 3 nearby dealers tell me no one is selling them at invoice and I showed one the deal once dealer had at 7% under. He said it was impossible. Im going to test drive at the nearest one and show him all the dealers listed here selling at 7%. I want to see what he says then.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
You guys are great! I had 3 nearby dealers tell me no one is selling them at invoice and I showed one the deal once dealer had at 7% under. He said it was impossible. I'm going to test drive at the nearest one and show him all the dealers listed here selling at 7%. I want to see what he says then.
Like the ole Sgt B, I have bought a lot of cars in life, been ordering them since 78. Jeeps, been Jeeping since the '60s.

I know dealers that will sell you so low under invoice you wonder how they make money...well not only do they make money they make a LOT of money.

There a lot of folks you deal with at the dealer, it starts with the sales guy, Sales Manager, General Manager Finance guy. ALL of these folks play a part. Sales guy rarely can make a deal. In fact, I pulled this one time. Was trying to buy a Chevy go to work car for my wife, it was a nothing car but new cause I wanted her to have the warranty protection. When we FINALLY sat down to deal after hours of dragging it out I offered him $500 OVER MSRP. He writes it up and says let me go get this approved by the manager. I said NO, I just offered you $500 over MSRP plus TT&L, etc and you need to have this deal approved??? YEA! Then forget it and I got up and walked out.

Salespeople have to get the manager's approval to go P!!!!

That said I know a guy who is a sales guy at a MAJOR dealer in San Antonio Tx, he does not need Approval on a deal. I know this because the GM is a friend of mine and the sales guy a bad year he will knock down $200k, and a good year will make $250+. You walk in his office and sign papers in less than 15 min you are done.

Here is how it goes down:
He walks with you to find your car...found it!

You walk to the office, he pulls out a manila folder and writes your name and contact info on it. Then he asks a few questions: Military, college student, what company do you work for, etc.

He turns in his chair to the computer and about 1 min he turns to you and says:

You qualify for: X, Y, and z, plus you qualify for A, B local offers. Total $X,XXX, I sell at invoice - the offers....he prints out and lays it on the desk. Column 1 is MSRP, Column 2 is Invoice, down below ios invoice minus offers you qualify for. Then he looks at you and says: Would like to make an offer?

You look down and you are a few thousand UNDER invoice and all you say is I will take this deal! Of my .almost 60 years of buying cars I have only met 2 sales guys that made deals at the desk and it was a done deal when you signed.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Like the ole Sgt B, I have bought a lot of cars in life, been ordering them since 78. Jeeps, been Jeeping since the '60s.

I know dealers that will sell you so low under invoice you wonder how they make money...well not only do they make money they make a LOT of money.

There a lot of folks you deal with at the dealer, it starts with the sales guy, Sales Manager, General Manager Finance guy. ALL of these folks play a part. Sales guy rarely can make a deal. In fact, I pulled this one time. Was trying to buy a Chevy go to work car for my wife, it was a nothing car but new cause I wanted her to have the warranty protection. When we FINALLY sat down to deal after hours of dragging it out I offered him $500 OVER MSRP. He writes it up and says let me go get this approved by the manager. I said NO, I just offered you $500 over MSRP plus TT&L, etc and you need to have this deal approved??? YEA! Then forget it and I got up and walked out.

That said I know a guy who is a sales guy at a MAJOR dealer in San Antonio Tx, he does not need Approval on a deal. I know this because the GM is a friend of mine and the sales guy a bad year he will knock down $200k, and a good year will make $250+. You walk in his office and sign papers in less than 15 min you are done.

You walk to the office, he pulls out a manila folder and writes your name and contact info on it. Then he asks a few questions: Military, college student, what company do you work for, etc.

You qualify for: X, Y, and z, plus you qualify for A, B local offers. Total $X,XXX, I sell at invoice - the offers....he prints out and lays it on the desk. Column 1 is MSRP, Column 2 is Invoice, down below ios invoice minus offers you qualify for. Then he looks at you and says: Would like to make an offer?

You look down and you are a few thousand UNDER invoice and all you say is I will take this deal! Of my .almost 60 years of buying cars I have only met 2 sales guys that made deals at the desk and it was a done deal when you signed.
When I bought my current ZR2, it went just like that. ONLY difference was I sent the dude back one time to get me another grand on my trade. he came back and said 'k',
I said 'you take a check?'

Deal done in 15.
Paperwork done and ready to roll in 45.
:like:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are great! I had 3 nearby dealers tell me no one is selling them at invoice and I showed one the deal once dealer had at 7% under. He said it was impossible. Im going to test drive at the nearest one and show him all the dealers listed here selling at 7%. I want to see what he says then.[/QUOTE

Yup..

And dealers make their money in a lot of ways, on car sales. There's holdback, which isn't always a lot. There's end of month bonuses for reaching a certain number of sales. There are special deals from the factory. They also have to account for the extra costs of their floor plan if the car is still on the lot at the end of the month. There are cars that dealers barely make money on (like economy cars) but they still make their money on the trade in and even the service dept. There are a lot of dealers out there that make the bulk of their profit off the service dept.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster

wow that sounds great. this is partly why i like costco deals. not having to deal with their system is really great. however, none of them were as good as what you got. can you tell us the dealer in san antonio?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
wow that sounds great. this is partly why i like costco deals. not having to deal with their system is really great. however, none of them were as good as what you got. can you tell us the dealer in san antonio?
YES and BE HAPPY TO! Let that be a word to the wise.

Ancira Jeep Ask for Jay

https://www.anciracjd.com/

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Ran by the store yesterday to check my build status. I'm currently at D1, but they couldn't find the build date in the system. David says I might see my truck by mid-June, which is a month sooner than planned!
David says he's still giving everybody the same deal and he's already dropped 7 orders.

at81

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator
I'm feeling like I'm getting scammed at this point. Almost 2 weeks. He just won't send me a build sheet. He responds to my text about every other day and keeps telling me he'll send it by the end of the day. Still nothing. Onto Travis in NC
Sponsored