Sponsored

5% under invoice is currently the best deal?

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

JeepTodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Galadiator Rubicon & Jeep Wrangler
I am new member to forum - want to thank everyone as I visited this site often to help decide which vehicle to purchase and price negotiations. i was able to get my Gladiator Rubicon for 8.2% off MSRP of $61,275. i read in other posts 12% off MSRP is fairly common, but serioulsy doubt that. Feel good about 8.2%. Good luck new buyers!!

Last edited:

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I am new member to forum - want to think everyone as I visited this site often to help decide which vehicle to purchase and price negotiations. i was able to get my Gladiator Rubicon for 8.2% off MSRP of $61,275. i read in other posts 12% off MSRP is fairly common, but serioulsy doubt that. Feel good about 8.2%. Good luck new buyers!!
It's very possible to see 13-14 % off on special orders, especially with military rebate and the FCA affiliate program allegedly coming back in september.

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
It's very possible to see 13-14 % off on special orders, especially with military rebate and the FCA affiliate program allegedly coming back in september.
I’m not convinced 14% is an achievable number until next year at best. That would equate to $7763 off an MSRP of $55,455 (my build).

Sponsored

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not convinced 14% is an achievable number until next year at best. That would equate to $7763 off an MSRP of $55,455 (my build).
My sticker is 57850.....im.paying 50, 102 otd

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
My sticker is 57850.....im.paying 50, 102 otd
What is your tax rate?!? I’ll have 3500 in taxes alone. Also I’m assuming you got in when affiliate pricing was being considered so you were at 7% under invoice?

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is not including taxes. And yes...with affiliate before it was announced that it wouldn't be offered. Taxes are never considered part of the discount.......but is considered in the "what did you pay OTD" discussions

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
This is bot including taxes. And yes...with affiliate before it was announced that it wouldn't be offered
That’s my point. Until affiliate pricing is honored 7% under invoice isn’t realistic. Hopefully it will be soon, but until then 3-5% under invoice is a good deal.
I’m not trying to be a jerk, but I keep seeing people post about 7% off and I haven’t found a dealer that will honor it currently.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Say whaaa? I work for one of the companies on the affiliate list. Do we know that's happening? How would that work? Take the 5% off dealers are offering and tack on an additional 1% for affiliate?

Sponsored

Deleted member 23202

I spoke with several dealerships to be told that there were no deals and some dealers were even charging thousands over msrp.
I told all of them that they were believing the hype propaganda put out by the media to convince fools to pay too much.
I called another and found a dealership with high turnover that gave me approximately 6% below. We completed the entire deal over the phone and internet so all we did was show up, test drive, and sign. We’ve bought like this for years and always get great deals.

JeepTodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Galadiator Rubicon & Jeep Wrangler

Can you provide dealership?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I spoke with several dealerships to be told that there were no deals and some dealers were even charging thousands over msrp.
I told all of them that they were believing the hype propaganda put out by the media to convince fools to pay too much.
I called another and found a dealership with high turnover that gave me approximately 6% below. We completed the entire deal over the phone and internet so all we did was show up, test drive, and sign. We’ve bought like this for years and always get great deals.
Can I ask where you went? Live in NC myself and looking to place an order in the next month or two.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

Can you provide dealership?

Call Petersen Jeep in Napa, ID and ask for Kent

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Curious what those of you purchasing from Kent are getting for a finance rate. When I told him I was bringing my own financing, the price went up $2,000. MSRP on my order was only $40k, so not financing with him essentially put the proposed deal at invoice.

I went elsewhere and got 6.2% below invoice, without financing, affiliate pricing, or a trade-in. Everyone seems happy with Kent, but I was turned off with a 5% increase if I didn’t finance with him.
Sponsored