Sponsored

5% under invoice is currently the best deal?

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
Look at the threads in this forum. Many of us are paying 5-7% below invoice, or 11-14% below MSRP. No one is referring to MSRP as invoice price.
I am paying 7% below invoice as many of us are. MSRP is for folks who walk on the lot with out doing their research. Welcome to the Forum you will find thousands of $$ worth of savings here.
Thanks guys, sure do appreciate the insight and help!
Sponsored

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Thanks for the reply. I understand the difference between invoice and MSRP. Everything that I have read on here seems to imply that people are referring to MSRP as the invoice price. I guess I find it hard to believe that everyone is paying 5-7% below invoice rather than 5-7% below MSRP.
mine was 6.2% below invoice, not MSRP

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Thanks guys, sure do appreciate the insight and help!
Invoice is what the dealer pays, however if you look on an invoice you will see HB. That is hold back. The hold back is generally around 3.5% below invoice. Then there are several tiers of volume incentives for dealers that move large quantities. This is why you can get a screaming deal on the last day of a month, only if your deal takes the dealer to the tier of incentives. Don't forget doc fees or dealer handling fees. Then if you finance and the dealer sells the loan/contracts through a bank or credit union they will also pay the dealer an incentive for the loan. So yes invoice is what the dealer pays, however their are lots of other ways to make money which is why you can get a deal below invoice.

OP
OP
KDR83

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone paying better than 5% after invoice AFTER dealers found out there aren't affiliate discounts on Gladiators? I know a lot had at 7% before that news broke.

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
2166FF23-B989-4C1A-91D3-3BE93B9C0FF9.png
I am not sure where to post this.

I talked to the sales guy I have been negotiating with for my truck and he said that he would honor $200 over cost for any gladiator order. You aren’t getting out of tax, tag, etc but it’s a pretty solid deal. Let me know if anyone is interested, dm me and I can share contact info.

I am ordering a sportS on saturday. Build sheet attached he is giving me back the HB and adding $200. He is also adding tax, tag etc. I am in Tampa,FL and didn’t feel like going to NC or GA for my truck. So putting it out there let me know if anyone is interested.

Edit: I didn’t see a dealer fee but it was there. All said 42,893 out the door ordered it today.

Last edited:

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
2166FF23-B989-4C1A-91D3-3BE93B9C0FF9.png
I am not sure where to post this.

I talked to the sales guy I have been negotiating with for my truck and he said that he would honor $200 over cost for any gladiator order. You aren’t getting out of tax, tag, etc but it’s a pretty solid deal. Let me know if anyone is interested, dm me and I can share contact info.

I am ordering a sportS on saturday. Build sheet attached he is giving me back the HB and adding $200. He is also adding tax, tag etc. but no dealer fee. I am in Tampa,FL and didn’t feel like going to NC or GA for my truck. So putting it out there let me know if anyone is interested.
That sounds like it comes out to roughly 3% under invoice. Not a bad deal. Any additional benefits if you use their financing?

I may be interested. I can get 4% under from TriCity, but that's about 10 hours away from Tallahassee. Tampa is probably 4 hours away, but I haven't been able to get a hold of Travis unfortunately.

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
That sounds like it comes out to roughly 3% under invoice. Not a bad deal. Any additional benefits if you use their financing?

I may be interested. I can get 4% under from TriCity, but that's about 10 hours away from Tallahassee. Tampa is probably 4 hours away, but I haven't been able to get a hold of Travis unfortunately.[/QUOTE

I am not sure if he is offering anything else for financing etc. just that he will honor $200 over cost of the vehicle, this includes getting options at cost. If you do find something out let me know so I can take advantage as well lol. You can tell him John from the gladiator forum gave you his email. I am nervous about posting his number though.

Are you saying after tax tag and the $200 it is 3% under invoice? I am not sure about the math but if that’s what it is than cool the initial base cost is more than 7% below invoice, though that does come up approx 200
Thanks

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Including delivery and the $200, but not TTT.

Just punching numbers in the calculator it should be about 3-4% under invoice with the options you’ve listed.

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
Still not a bad price. Invoice according to the pricing sheet is 35,820 but I think the 1495 delivery gets added on to every deal no? Before the 1495 i think it is it is +/- 5.9% under invoice. I will keep looking if you are saying that you are getting 5% after the destination charge.

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK

I may be interested. I can get 4% under from TriCity, but that's about 10 hours away from Tallahassee. Tampa is probably 4 hours away, but I haven't been able to get a hold of Travis unfortunately.
Call the dealer. Travis would always be in Tuesday through Saturday about 9 to 5. He normally would not answer his cell phone but would answer his office phone. Just remember he has about 90 deals working right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KDR83

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Patrick at Criswell is giving me 5% off invoice including off the destination charge and a dealer doc fee of $300

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Since I'm "special ordering", I'm finding it hard to negotiate anything other then MSRP. It's like since I'm not really taking anything off the lot that's already there, what's their incentive to sell it lower then MSRP? How are you guys getting around that?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Since I'm "special ordering", I'm finding it hard to negotiate anything other then MSRP. It's like since I'm not really taking anything off the lot that's already there, what's their incentive to sell it lower then MSRP? How are you guys getting around that?
In SoCal, most of the dealers don't want to budge off of MSRP, even on Wranglers where they have dozens sitting on the lot. Guessing it's similar in the bay area.

Most dealers will give better pricing on custom orders than what they have on the lot. Custom orders don't count against their allotment, and they should be more willing to budge on pricing.

Not all dealers are willing to deal regardless. If they don't, take your business elsewhere. Someone will, and sometimes the dealer may be a bit further away. If you aren't willing to drive a bit or order one from another dealer (some out of state dealers will have it delivered to your doorstep), then you may have to pay more to buy from your local dealer.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
In SoCal, most of the dealers don't want to budge off of MSRP, even on Wranglers where they have dozens sitting on the lot. Guessing it's similar in the bay area.

Most dealers will give better pricing on custom orders than what they have on the lot. Custom orders don't count against their allotment, and they should be more willing to budge on pricing.

Not all dealers are willing to deal regardless. If they don't, take your business elsewhere. Someone will, and sometimes the dealer may be a bit further away. If you aren't willing to drive a bit or order one from another dealer (some out of state dealers will have it delivered to your doorstep), then you may have to pay more to buy from your local dealer.
Sent a buddy to Kent on a JLR build. He lives in No. Cal. Took his Nampa, Id. build to Folsom Lake CDJR, since he'd been working with an eager sales guy during the test drive stage.

Folsom CDJR said they could to the exact build and order for him...for an additional $4,800.00. So, the moral of this story, if you don't mind paying more, you're going to pay it if you don't do your research on this or many other forums.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Got my quote once dealers had firm pricing and before FCA affiliate pricing was yanked. They honored the 7% off invoice at my local dealership plus 500 for military and 250 for bonus Drive. 299 doc fee
Sponsored