Sponsored

Is this why the Gladiator prices are dropping?

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
I just came across this article in my news feed...
(click this link below)
Looking for a new car? Stellantis shares most available list for Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Chrysler (msn.com)

It has several of the Stellantis brands and it shows what is "most available."

You guessed it... Gladiator

When you get to the article, click the blue oval to "Continue reading"... then scroll down a bit and see that it's the Gladiator that they mention with a nice write up about it.

I've been seeing on here lots of comments about prices falling pretty hard compared to a year ago... maybe this is why, and this is a market correction?

(Also.... a pic of our Jeeps for your enjoyment.)

Jeep Gladiator Is this why the Gladiator prices are dropping? IMG_2533.JPG
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've been seeing on here lots of comments about prices falling pretty hard compared to a year ago... maybe this is why, and this is a market correction?
GREAT PIC! One for framing.......

Anyway, some have been talking market correction on used vehicles and trades for some time, some have said it's already started.

(Did you see Jeep is shutting down Cherokee?)

There may be a lot of Gladiators available for that article, but dealers here aren't swimming in them. But then - that's an Iowa thing. They've never been big here. Jeeps, yes, but trucks - our industries demand BIG, heavy.
Jeep is the official vehicle of Polk County, Iowa. Tops are Grand Cherokee and various Wranglers. And that's what's on the lots here.

But back o the pic - nice!

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
They got a lot at my local dealership. No deals tho unless someone wants to pay 14k over sticker for a leveling kit and wheels/tires on a sport s.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Interesting; MSRP $ not dropping, Transaction $ probably .. cause and effect = Fed Interest rate increases cause vehicle interest rates to increase and so go the monthly payments UP.. Supply improving, Dealer inventories increasing, AND Days on the lot is going up which results in dealerships working more to make the sale. 🚙

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
One of my local dealers has 42 Gladiators on the lot and they are not a high volume dealership.

I think there is a supply chain rubber band affect that is catching up and a normal economic slow down that will be making many dealership lots flush with vehicles in the next few months to come.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Our big dealerships have maybe a dozen. I think the most I've seen was in Ames, but not even close to 40.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Mine has over 40 and the Jeep Only dealer has 40. Plus with other dealers probably 120 plus in town.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Crazy high used car values have exacerbated slim new car supply because people with late model low mileage cars that they'd normally keep have been taking advantage of crazy trade in values.

Carvana stock had tanked as a result of "overvalued inventory". Interest rates have skyrocketed. Expect the entire industry to slow down.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Local dealers around here have 10 or less sitting on their lots from what I've seen driving around. Not a lot to chose from. But I'm seeing a lot more on the road now. It's becoming the small truck of choice. Been seeing about 6 of them floating around the neighborhood.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
They still want to charge big time upcharge on them means they likely will sit on the lot. A friend of mine was interested in one but he said they wouldn't come off the price and the interest rates would have made it now something he wanted to get tied into

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
One of my local dealers has 42 Gladiators on the lot and they are not a high volume dealership.

I think there is a supply chain rubber band affect that is catching up and a normal economic slow down that will be making many dealership lots flush with vehicles in the next few months to come.
Well... I'm curious which DE dealer this is :P

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
The supply chain is finally catching up, while at the same time demand is slowing down. Inflation and higher interest rates are going to continue to put a damper on demand, most of the lots that I see are again full of cars and the dealerships are starting to advertise incentives again. Basically the market is returning to more of a normal state, as opposed to the stupidity of the last three years where any running car with round tires is worth $10k.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
multitude of factors, wife is looking for a wrangler right now, they aren't as easy to come by but one of the Rubicons we found about a month ago I was just notified it'd dropped $8K in price...

I also checked my credit union yesterday for rates. The same place that gave me 1.74% a year ago, the lowest they are quoting now is 6.49%. Supply chain catching up, turmoil in the job place and lower forecast, and higher interest rates not just cooled demand it almost froze it.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
The dealer I bought mine from usually has only two or three of them on the lot (they may have more at their storage lot which is a few miles away in another town, dunno 🤔 ).

Their lot is chock full of Grand Cherokees, Cherokees, and Wranglers though, on the Jeep side. The rest are RAMs and a few other Dodge/Chrysler products.

They also usually have a Grand Wagoneer sitting out front...it's been there quite a while too.
Sponsored