First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I will say I would love it if they built this 2-door super compact cutie below. Again, just some person’s rendering.

535C4E17-62FC-4CCE-A8A3-B21010C19894.png

They could move the rear axle ~4-6 inches forward or add an “access” cab for a bench rear seat and it would be perfect.

Source: https://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-a-bronco-based-pickup-could-look-like-1844461154
I like that.

I was hoping something like this would be available when it was leaked that a Jeep pickup version of the Wangler was going to be manufactured. Don't use the rear seats in my Gladiator, just need a little space behind the front seats.

Jeep Gladiator Jalopnik: New Ford Bronco Crew-Cab Pickup Being Fast-Tracked To Take On The Jeep Gladiator: Report 2005-jeep-gladiator-concept

Though I'm happy with my four-door Gladiator configuration.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
By the time this is in production and for sale my wife will be ready for her next ride. Time to start saving my pennies

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
I wasn’t implying rock crawling couldn’t be done with a stock bumper. I said the Bronco wasn’t going to be the rock crawler that the Wrangler is.
Oh, you’ll see them rock crawling at KOH within the first year.

But they’ll be SAS’d and highly modified by folks with deep pockets and sponsors.

As is, IFS is a huge limiting factor for RTI.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Y’all see this front comparison? It’s not going to be the rock crawler the Wrangler Is due to the lack of ability to install a stubby-type front bumper.
But you tied it to the stubby bumper, implying that the bronco could not be the rock crawler the Wrangler is due to the lack of ability to install a stubby-type bumper.

Frankly I fail to see how that matters.

Based on the specs it will be an okay machine and in the correct hands will go plenty far and in the wrong hands will have 22's and squatted.

The more players in the game, the better we the user are. Jeep has had no pressure to do a damn thing since the mid 90's, basically owing the off road removable top/doors market in north america. The passing of the K5/Fullsize Bronco, Bronco II, various Suzukis and the early Rav 4 let Jeep alone with a big shit eating grin. Back slaps all around Boys, we have a license to print money.

We can love, hate, love to hate & frenemy comment all we want but the Bronco doing well helps Jeep do better and better for us.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Oh, you’ll see them rock crawling at KOH within the first year.

But they’ll be SAS’d and highly modified by folks with deep pockets and sponsors.

As is, IFS is a huge limiting factor for RTI.
I've been watching a fair amount of 4WD Action and while CV shaft destruction is fairly common on their IFS rigs, the swap out seems to be a fairly straightforward trail repair. With a correctly built kit to drop the differential in proportion, lifting an IFS is clearly understood and doable. On review, blowing a half shaft seems far less drama than blowing a shaft in a D44 for the amount of crap it takes to swap, you can even just sever the CVs and keep moving to a better spot if you had to.

Just sayin'.

I'm sure we will see dana 60, coyote, T56, Atlas-4 swaps soon enough, Icon will probably have a retro kit to take it all the way back with skinny gold stripe tires and a dash mount hibachi.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
But you tied it to the stubby bumper, implying that the bronco could not be the rock crawler the Wrangler is due to the lack of ability to install a stubby-type bumper.

Based on the specs it will be an okay machine and in the correct hands will go plenty far and in the wrong hands will have 22's and squatted.

The more players in the game, the better we the user are. Jeep has had no pressure to do a damn thing since the mid 90's, basically owing the off road removable top/doors market in north america. The passing of the K5/Fullsize Bronco, Bronco II, various Suzukis and the early Rav 4 let Jeep alone with a big shit eating grin. Back slaps all around Boys, we have a license to print money.

We can love, hate, love to hate & frenemy comment all we want but the Bronco doing well helps Jeep do better and better for us.
Oh good grief. Thanks for telling me what I said and meant. How about we forget I said anything and move on. I’ll not read this thread again. Thanks.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Learn to breath and remember your humor.

You said it and I took umbrage.

Now begone from my sight good sir.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
The proportions are way off to me. I prefer the looks of the Jeep vs that rendering.
That said the competition is going to be good for the consumers. Hopefully It gives Jeep more reason to innovate the Gladiator and offer more options (Come On! 5.7V8)

Agreed. The rear tires are too far forward as well. Alot of overhang behind that rear tire. I will definitely be trading my Gladiator if a 5.7L becomes available from the factory

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU

Agree 100%. When did competition become such a bad thing? Guys, don't fret, the Wrangler will still be around (just in less volume ;) )

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to add a Bronco to my Jeep lineup. Now I have to decide if I want to add the SUV to pair with my Wrangler or the truck to go with the Gladiator. I don't understand the Bronco hate...its beautiful and in a few ways they stepped up Jeeps game. I love it.
Sponsored