Sponsored

JCR Offroad Full Bed Rack & Short Roof Rack Installed?

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi Everyone,

First off, I wanted to say thanks to everyone that has posted on this forum. As a a new Jeep Gladiator owner (2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon) and first time Jeep owner I've been able to find an incredible amount of information and resources in the forums which I appreciate very much.

Lately I have been spending a significant amount of time looking through bed/roof rack options. While there are certainly a lot of options out there, I've been struggling to find something that specifically fits my desires (based on researching threads on this forum, it seems like I'm not alone).

I think the closest that I've found is a combination of the JCR Offroad full bed rack & short roof rack.

Bed Rack - https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTBR.html
Roof Rack - https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTRK.html

I've been looking for photos of that combination on a Gladiator as well as thoughts from anyone that is using or has used either of those products. If anyone is running this combination and is willing to post some pictures and/or provide some feedback I would appreciate it. I'm open to other solutions as well if anyone has a combination that they are using and like.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at the short roof rack, since I have the Freedom Panels. I have the soft tri-fold Mopar tonneau cover, so the bed rack won't fit. I've been looking at the RSI SmartCap for the back. The roof rack may be unnecessary if I go that route.

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
I spent a good week researching and selecting, what I feel is the best bed rack that can support a large RTT and I settled on the JCR Full Rack. Mine has not arrived yet, but should soon enough.

The other ones I was looking @ were Voodoo’s, as they’re similar cost and appear to be solid build quality, just like JCR.

OP
OP
bhadfield

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I spent a good week researching and selecting, what I feel is the best bed rack that can support a large RTT and I settled on the JCR Full Rack. Mine has not arrived yet, but should soon enough.

The other ones I was looking @ were Voodoo’s, as they’re similar cost and appear to be solid build quality, just like JCR.
Interested to hear about the fitment and quality when you get it. Thanks!

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager

Sponsored

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hi Everyone,

First off, I wanted to say thanks to everyone that has posted on this forum. As a a new Jeep Gladiator owner (2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon) and first time Jeep owner I've been able to find an incredible amount of information and resources in the forums which I appreciate very much.

Lately I have been spending a significant amount of time looking through bed/roof rack options. While there are certainly a lot of options out there, I've been struggling to find something that specifically fits my desires (based on researching threads on this forum, it seems like I'm not alone).

I think the closest that I've found is a combination of the JCR Offroad full bed rack & short roof rack.

Bed Rack - https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTBR.html
Roof Rack - https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTRK.html

I've been looking for photos of that combination on a Gladiator as well as thoughts from anyone that is using or has used either of those products. If anyone is running this combination and is willing to post some pictures and/or provide some feedback I would appreciate it. I'm open to other solutions as well if anyone has a combination that they are using and like.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Your big downside with JCR is that those two racks are not the same height, so you would have to treat them as 2 separate racks, you couldn't span a ladder or kayak across the two racks.

OP
OP
bhadfield

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Your big downside with JCR is that those two racks are not the same height, so you would have to treat them as 2 separate racks, you couldn't span a ladder or kayak across the two racks.
Thanks James. Agreed, I'm having trouble finding a solution that is the same height across bed and half roof. It *looks* like if you add the cargo basket to the JCR bed rack it is close in height with the half roof rack but then you would have to fasten to the top rails which isn't very exciting. I would think that would be a popular option for folks that aren't building a dedicated overlanding rig but also want to use it to transport items longer than the bed from time to time, but maybe there aren't that many of us.

If anyone has suggestions on a bed rack/half roof rack that is the same height I would appreciate that. Thanks to everyone that has chimed in so far.

OP
OP
bhadfield

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Can you mount a spare on top of the half rack ?
According to the JCR Offroad web site the half/short rack is 26" long by 53" wide and the dynamic load rating is 100 lbs. The stock wheels on my Rubicon are 33" and weigh in right at about 88 lbs.

The wheel would likely not exceed the weight limit but it wouldn't sit down in the rack based on the web site information assuming that your wheels are also in that ballpark.

Deleted member 30519

According to the JCR Offroad web site the half/short rack is 26" long by 53" wide and the dynamic load rating is 100 lbs. The stock wheels on my Rubicon are 33" and weigh in right at about 88 lbs.

The wheel would likely not exceed the weight limit but it wouldn't sit down in the rack based on the web site information assuming that your wheels are also in that ballpark.
Thanks

Sponsored

tricdn

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Self-Employed
I got the full track fairly quickly. Got it since I could also put a tonneau on. Easy install. Good fit. Mounted my bike on the rack on one side and a HiLift on the other. Thinking to put the basket on to make it easier to carry kayaks or my canoe. Decided not to do the roof rack because of the height difference. Can use foam on the roof rack

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
What did you decide to do? I have been looking at the same setup.
Sponsored