Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL , WJ
Occupation
Welder
Ill throw another truth dart for ev fans-

The milage that is posted by manufacturers is in conjunction with the EPA as it is with fuel milage currently. The epa completely fluffs the milage numbers on EV to make them more attractive. When you actually live with the car, its a complete other story. HVAC , towing, ambient temps all have large parasitic draw on the batter which greatly reduce milage. Also the “tax savings” is modulated against your income. So in some cases you are not qualified for the full tax break. Luckily most ev fans are well off so it wont bother them. Oh and by the way say goodbye to solid axle with ev… lets see how they spin that.

608292BA-7C72-484E-B094-51BA821D26AA.jpeg
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If Stellantis can build me a better Gladiator, I'm all for it. If it's powered by electricity. Sure. If it's powered by hamsters, bring it on.
Yup - but those hamsters better be super-charged or on steroids. Just don't power it by cats - it won't know which direction to go so will just lay down.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ill throw another truth dart for ev fans-

The milage that is posted by manufacturers is in conjunction with the EPA as it is with fuel milage currently. The epa completely fluffs the milage numbers on EV to make them more attractive. When you actually live with the car, its a complete other story. HVAC , towing, ambient temps all have large parasitic draw on the batter which greatly reduce milage. Also the “tax savings” is modulated against your income. So in some cases you are not qualified for the full tax break. Luckily most ev fans are well off so it wont bother them.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep ceo…. Wants zero emission freedom brand 608292BA-7C72-484E-B094-51BA821D26AA
The tax credit in relation to income level or tax bracket has been discussed. It’s inaccurate. Look it up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Also the “tax savings” is modulated against your income. So in some cases you are not qualified for the full tax break.
Yes, you are. If you are qualified for a $7,500 credit but only owe $4,000, you will get the 4,000 you owe canceled and get 3500 back. So you do get the full credit. That's been proven and shown in the examples I provided.

It's a refundable tax credit and I have posted multiple times from legit sources, government, Intuit and others, you get it all even if you don't owe taxes. it's like a farm loss - but in that case you go back and apply the current loss to past years and get a refund on those past years so you get a check this year even though you had a loss on the farm.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Your responses regarding this are uninformed and offensive. Why don’t you stick to talking about Jeeps. I’m done responding to you. If you continue this volley, you’ll be alone.
Cool

Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your responses regarding this are uninformed and offensive. Why don’t you stick to talking about Jeeps. I’m done responding to you. If you continue this volley, you’ll be alone.
He's right Dan. So as a "collective", citizens can ask for more regulation to reduce emissions and control pollution more but a taxpayer can't voice concerns over what they perceive as funding wreckless behavior?

Last edited:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Yup - but those hamsters better be super-charged or on steroids. Just don't power it by cats - it won't know which direction to go so will just lay down.
Words of wisdom.

And if our previous cats were any indication, with beams of light or honking horns from oncoming cars, you may as well get out and walk.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just no consensus or organization.
I suppose you could put a can of tuna at your destination.
Or sit in the seat with one of those laser pointers aimed at the road ahead - then hang on for a wild ride.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep ceo…. Wants zero emission freedom brand MG_1431_2

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
How much emissions do we think it will take to make the vehicle and mine the materials for the batteries. Where do all those batteries go when they die?
According to Volvo they currently create 70% more emissions to build an EV over their gas vehicles. This is their own admission.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I haven't come close to reading all of the responses here, but electrification is where the industry is going. Jeep/Stellantis better go that way or prepare to be the next Oldsmobile.

I'm not a green guy by any means, but I can read the industry terrain and Tesla has changed the game for all parties involved. That goes for dealerships to manufacturing to consumers who don't have to commute to work any longer because they work from home.

If Stellantis can build me a better Gladiator, I'm all for it. If it's powered by electricity. Sure. If it's powered by hamsters, bring it on.
I have said this too somewhere on this forum.
Stellantis is a bit late to the party in their EV developments
But, maybe they are reverse engineering and letting the rest be the beta testers.😏

And this to prove the direction of EVs and we’re it’s going.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep ceo…. Wants zero emission freedom brand BC0CE46A-9656-43DB-B4C8-1867C012BB88
Jeep Gladiator Jeep ceo…. Wants zero emission freedom brand 31BBDC59-6FE5-4631-B3E5-D9BDB1675546

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Electric vechicle? Hard pass when it can and will rape the earth of lithium. Also Nevada supposedly has the largest lithium deposit in the US of not the world. On top of that there have been stories of lithium poisoning the ground water and spills from holding ponds in other countries where the water from said ponds has gone into rivers killing off entire species of fish killing all the cattle that drink from the water.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/lithium-ion-battery-environmental-impact/

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
The CEO might be envisioning a Zero Emissions line, but it means nothing if very few of your customers are interested in purchasing.

Dr.Rubicon

First Name
Nein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TrackHawk
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
This is rich! This is one of the first threads I have read since joining the forum. So far you have called someone a moron, ranted at them about being dangerous for not taking 3 experimental shots for a virus with a 99.8 survival rate. (vaccinated people still spread covid). Then ranted about mask wearing ( your cheap Chinese mask does not filter the air) then you ranted about someone being a Trump voter and Fox news viewer. What does that have to do with jeeps? And why haven't the mods muted you yet?
Sponsored