Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
SEMA is back and in-person this year (following last year's all virtual format)! Starting November 2, Jeep will once again be showing its concepts and here are the teasers! One is clearly a 4xe based concept. The other two are not as telling... so what do you think they are?

jeep-concept-sema-2021-show-2-jpg.jpg

jeep-concept-sema-2021-show-3-jpg.jpg

jeep-concept-sema-2021-show-1-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
SEMA is back and in-person this year (following last year's all virtual format)! Starting November 2, Jeep will once again be showing its concepts and here are the teasers! One is clearly a 4xe based concept. The other two are not as telling... so what do you think they are?
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Concepts Teased Ahead of SEMA 2021 jeep-concept-sema-2021-show-1-
I've often wondered if at some point Jeep will bifurcate the front-end design of the JL and JT, with the JT getting something more like the above. No matter what, this will be cool to see!

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
If Jeep does do the old M715/725 front end, I'd be willing to bet you would not be able to get it with a tow package. Doesn't look like it has enough opening for the required air flow across the radiator to handle the extra heat from towing. Still, looks wicked cool!!!

QuadraTech has one that they did for a "win this Jeep" thingy.

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
If Jeep does do the old M715/725 front end, I'd be willing to bet you would not be able to get it with a tow package. Doesn't look like it has enough opening for the required air flow across the radiator to handle the extra heat from towing. Still, looks wicked cool!!!

QuadraTech has one that they did for a "win this Jeep" thingy.
Yeah, that is why it would need to be modernized and altered. But the overall design language is fantastic.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
So we can get a kit and turn our Jeeps into Korean War ambulances. The last one is probably teasing a new 'safari' top.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I see a modified ram 1500 with new body work……. overland concept
just a rude tease I’m sure….
but the truck market is still ever growing. I don’t think we’ve reached saturation yet…..

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
These look fantastic. I love the PCB look on the 4xe, wish that was something we could really get. The other 2 look a bit more retro and beefy. I've always wanted a Humvee, maybe these will come close? lol.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
jeep-concept-sema-2021-show-1-jpg-jpg.jpg

This looks like a raised roof in the theme of Land Rover Discovery mashed up with a renewed Africa concept.

In my dark heart I am wishing for a monotub Gladiator length Wrangler, letting you realize more functional space to offset the length penalty, like a Defender/Puma 110. I'll be honest, the separate tub and bed of the JT burns a lot of useful space. Think of it as the inverse of a 2 door JT, a long wheelbase JL.

land-rover-defender-110-puma-07-image_91987.jpg

Just saying.

Now as for the 715/725 nose, I would LOOOOOOVE to see a power wagon daughter wear a more traditional Jeep Truck nose, not a wrangler nose but a proper Jeep Truck nose and be proper Jeep Truck sized and do all the traditional Jeep Truck things like be tougher than woodpecker lips and ride like an absolute hot wet mess on the highway but look soooooo cool doing it. Probably not gonna happen outside of a show truck but man it would be nice.

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
jeep-concept-sema-2021-show-1-jpg-jpg.jpg

This looks like a raised roof in the theme of Land Rover Discovery mashed up with a renewed Africa concept.

In my dark heart I am wishing for a monotub Gladiator length Wrangler, letting you realize more functional space to offset the length penalty, like a Defender/Puma 110. I'll be honest, the separate tub and bed of the JT burns a lot of useful space. Think of it as the inverse of a 2 door JT, a long wheelbase JL.

land-rover-defender-110-puma-07-image_91987.jpg

Just saying.

Now as for the 715/725 nose, I would LOOOOOOVE to see a power wagon daughter wear a more traditional Jeep Truck nose, not a wrangler nose but a proper Jeep Truck nose and be proper Jeep Truck sized and do all the traditional Jeep Truck things like be tougher than woodpecker lips and ride like an absolute hot wet mess on the highway but look soooooo cool doing it. Probably not gonna happen outside of a show truck but man it would be nice.
I did see a few of these at the Overland Expo. They appeared to be well done.

https://www.americansafarijxl.com/

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Concepts Teased Ahead of SEMA 2021 1634055187041

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I did see a few of these at the Overland Expo. They appeared to be well done.

https://www.americansafarijxl.com/

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Concepts Teased Ahead of SEMA 2021 1634055187041
Just extending the tub I would think makes your angles and roll centers worse. If you stretched the tub of the JL to fit the JT frame and shortened up the overhang you would have roughly what they did with the TJ 2 door unlimiteds, remember them? Insofsr as you are going to pay a price with long wheel base, mind as well claw back cargo space between the axles to make the trade worth it.

Cue the unpopular opinion theme music but how much hard core "shits gonna break!" trail crawling are you doing while also "overlanding" anyway? Put another way, wouldn't it be nice to put more heavier stuff down low closer to the axles while providing a roomier interior feel?

I would love to be able to fit all the "hard goods" of a long on/offroad camping trip into a shorter flatter pile behind the back seat so the family and the dogs can all be more relaxed and comfortable and not have either a dreadfully packed up rear area or the roof rack of doom where heaven forbid you need to change lanes quick; tents and bags and soft goods up top, Stoves and chairs and coolers down low.

But it's different strokes for different folks and if I was a beach only kinda guy then who cares how long and a 1 ton super crew single axle with long bed would be just fine.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Can anyone confirm if that teaser shot of the high roof is of a JL or a JT?

If this is an add on roof for JT this gets me all sorts of excited. I've always loved those old school Land Rover high tops with the little roof windows.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
It has to be the JL because its from a position behind the location of the bulkhead; you only see tub rail not not bulkhead for the tub or the bed.

Drivers window, drivers rear passenger window, rear cargo window.
Sponsored