First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I think some of the comments that say 'if it were a 2 door i would buy it' are quite funny. Not silly because people want a 2 door, but implying that if only it were available in 2 door they would be selling more.
Sponsored

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
I find that their commenters are the snarky ones. Then again, we are on a Gladiator forum here(to which I enjoy) so to each their own? ;):dance:

WSTruck

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, currently shopping for Wrangler
This:
"The Gladiator is a strange beast. Our own Jeep obsessive David Tracy absolutely loves it, but whenever I see it I get a nagging feeling about really just wanting an old Comanche. The Gladiator seems like too much in just about every department, though then again that describes almost every truck these days. Mainly it just seems sad that Jeep’s ostensible objective is to beat the Nissan Frontier."

Reeks of soy boy angst and loathing.

The Frontier is the most out dated and saddest entry into the mid sized truck market. They sell almost none.

The author should stick to smart car and bicycle reviews and maybe get some hormone replacement therapy.
Unfortunately it looks like last quarter of 2019 the Frontier outsold the Gladiator by about a thousand units, and thoughts on that?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Unfortunately it looks like last quarter of 2019 the Frontier outsold the Gladiator by about a thousand units, and thoughts on that?
Thoughts on that are:
one quarters sales are meaningless
Nissan is down 10% for 2019
Jeep is down 5%
FCA down 1%

And the Frontier is a tired old truck that they are giving away to get rid of them. The only thing the JT and Frontier have in common is that they are both mid sized trucks.

Aside from that, my thoughts on the article I quoted are pretty specific and I believe accurate. He (yes I'm assuming his gender) by his own admission doesn't "get it" where the JT is concerned. Drawing parallels between it and the Frontier illustrate that more clearly than his thinly veiled angst.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Hell, for the price of a decently optioned Sport Max Tow you could get 2 cars.

Like this JLU for under $18k (you’re welcome for the laugh)
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750153294/overview/

Or this JLU
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/802673063/overview/

And this F150 with 20k miles on it
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/800829612/overview/
Yeah, nah. Both of those are far from home and I didn't want to have to deal with double the insurance, registration and maintenance. I already have enough things with motors.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
December dealership offered a LE Rubicon online for 59K, today its listed at 52K. Whatever the story discounts are fairly large now. I love mine and i do see them driving around. Not sure what they expected

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I've said for months that I felt like they were overpriced. That's just my opinion. Recent discounts/rebates have reinforced my opinion.

However, struggling? Nope, there's room in the pricing for the discounts for them still to be profitable. If you're only looking at the JT's market share of mid-sized trucks as the measure of success, you're limiting your thinking. FCA has gotten really good at profit margin.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
there's room in the pricing for the discounts for them still to be profitable
I think this is being overlooked. If you look at others trucks (full size especially), there are times of the year that there are like 15K in discounts.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Yeah, nah. Both of those are far from home and I didn't want to have to deal with double the insurance, registration and maintenance. I already have enough things with motors.
Was trying to be funny. I wouldnt trade my JT if those two were given to me free

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Another thing I find interesting is that other manufactures pricing is: SUV is way more expensive than the pickup it's based on; and the pickups carry large discounts. With Jeep, the pickup came after the SUV and is more expensive. Not saying it shouldn't be, just typing out loud as it were. I sincerely hope the JT is here to stay; will be interesting to see how the trim packages and pricing play out.

Hell, I'd like to see Ram or Jeep do a full sized 2 dr off-roader, but I think I'm in very small company there. :)

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Another thing I find interesting is that other manufactures pricing is: SUV is way more expensive than the pickup it's based on; and the pickups carry large discounts. With Jeep, the pickup came after the SUV and is more expensive. Not saying it shouldn't be, just typing out loud as it were. I sincerely hope the JT is here to stay; will be interesting to see how the trim packages and pricing play out.

Hell, I'd like to see Ram or Jeep do a full sized 2 dr off-roader, but I think I'm in very small company there. :)
I hope they discontinue them next year.