Jeep screwed us

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
How can you sell thousands upon thousands of Gladiators and not have transmissions for people to replace the shitty ones we lucked up with? No one should spend 50-62 grand on a loaded Gladiator and have it sit at a dealership for months with 1100 miles on it. Jeep making a really bad name for itself.
Sponsored

JT_Spartacus

First Name
jonnycann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry to hear that. Have brought this up to Jeep corporate?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, but it happens, not sure how bad it's going to hurt their name though. The transmissions have had issues for almost 20yrs now and they still sell the crap out of them so people still buy them. Mine crapped the bed at 52,000 miles in my JKU, and that replacements torque converter fried 10,000 miles later and ruined the second transmission. It didn't stop me from buying another jeep. Just sayin

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
I'm going to assume we're talking about the manual in specific? If not, i suppose this post still applies.

- I do agree, the fix being rolled out, is piss poor at best.

But i see why. It's far cheaper to flash the PCM, than it is to drop transmissions, to replace clutches.

But, #itsajeepthing

What just blows my mind, is the fact Auto Manufactures have been designing, engineering, and building cars, trucks, vans, suv's for how long now? And you mean to tell me, they cant figure simple mechanics out? Even during the testing phase? When test mules are subject to some of the harshest conditions. A problem like this never arose?

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
How can you sell thousands upon thousands of Gladiators and not have transmissions for people to replace the shitty ones we lucked up with? No one should spend 50-62 grand on a loaded Gladiator and have it sit at a dealership for months with 1100 miles on it. Jeep making a really bad name for itself.
have you got @jeepcare involved to assist? @JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Yep, but it happens, not sure how bad it's going to hurt their name though. The transmissions have had issues for almost 20yrs now and they still sell the crap out of them so people still buy them. Mine crapped the bed at 52,000 miles in my JKU, and that replacements torque converter fried 10,000 miles later and ruined the second transmission. It didn't stop me from buying another jeep. Just sayin
Did they keep your jeep at the dealership 2 months each time? Makes a damn difference for sure.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, this will probably get me cancelled but hey, I live on the edge. First off, I’m sorry that this is happening to you As frustrating as it is. It’s not really a Jeep thing, it’s a supplier thing. Having the logistics experience I do, I can tell you with certainty all supplier services have been impacted by Covid. Not to mention a blocked canal obstructing the flow of commerce to the states From overseas. I don’t like it either waiting on a new 5” radio but I understand there are forces at work here I or Jeep have no control over. I hope for your sake it can be resolved quickly to satisfy your continued loyalty to the brand. I’m personally not throwing the baby out with the bath water. Do I want my radio now? Yes. But I cannot have what they are unable to supply due to things outside of their control. I hope you get fixed soon.

Peace brother.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Sorry about your transmission, OP......You weren't, by any chance, towing the Jeep in 4L, were you?

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Sorry about your transmission, OP......You weren't, by any chance, towing the Jeep in 4L, were you?
Sorry OP, never fun having to wait for these types of repairs. I would agree with @Summitsearcher though as so many industries have been impacted by supply chain related backlogs and shortages.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The software fix for the manual is not a band aid. I have seen the table they are fixing, looks like some one forgot to touch it and it has no torque management period when you engage the clutch. For old school guys this is probably ok, but that 3.6 has the ability to bring torque on very early with the throttle control it has. Sensible values were put in there that most will never approach when driving normally.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, this will probably get me cancelled but hey, I live on the edge. First off, I’m sorry that this is happening to you As frustrating as it is. It’s not really a Jeep thing, it’s a supplier thing. Having the logistics experience I do, I can tell you with certainty all supplier services have been impacted by Covid. Not to mention a blocked canal obstructing the flow of commerce to the states From overseas. I don’t like it either waiting on a new 5” radio but I understand there are forces at work here I or Jeep have no control over. I hope for your sake it can be resolved quickly to satisfy your continued loyalty to the brand. I’m personally not throwing the baby out with the bath water. Do I want my radio now? Yes. But I cannot have what they are unable to supply due to things outside of their control. I hope you get fixed soon.

Peace brother.
Bad as it is, this is the world we now reside in. I agree completely with you.

OP
OP

GladiatorG8R

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave

Peace brother.
I wish all I was waiting on was a radio lmao. Huge difference when yours drives and mine is stuck at the dealership while I keep paying for something I don't even have possession of. I could wait 5 years on a new radio. Damn thing won't even drive. Peace brother.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ok.. I'm lost? Is there something wrong with my transmission and I don't know it? What is this all about?
No. The internets is full of bad reviews by 5% of owners. The other 95% don’t have anything to rant about so they go on with their lives. Enjoy your Jeep and suppress your inner Hypochondriac.:jk:

No offense to OP. That sucks you are dealing with this. I would be furious.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
No. The internets is full of bad reviews by 5% of owners. The other 95% don’t have anything to rant about so they go on with their lives. Enjoy your Jeep and suppress your inner Hypochondriac.:jk:
But but... internet says bad.

No I get that, quite literally I just have no idea what everyone is talking about. Was hoping for a clue if not outright expression.
Sponsored