First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
They are throwing new cars together, but can’t allocate parts for warranty work. That’s a load of BS man, and no loaner on top of that. I would definitely reach out to Jeep corporate. If I financed through Chrysler I would stop making payments until I had it back lol.
"I would stop making payments until I had it back"
Probably the absolute worst advice ever given on this site.
Sponsored

Skullivan

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
GFC Engineer
Are they at least hooking you up with a rental? Can you get some free accessories from your dealer while it sits there? Work something out to trade it in for a new one? I get that it sucks but I find it hard to believe you're just getting left high and dry. Might have to put pressure on by calling every day but there's gotta be some opportunity for compensation out of your situation.

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler , Civic
Occupation
ATC
"I would stop making payments until I had it back"
Probably the absolute worst advice ever given on this site.
Thus the “lol”. I guess I’ll make it clearer with a /s and a (just kidding) next time.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Did they keep your jeep at the dealership 2 months each time? Makes a damn difference for sure.
No, but either way not whole lot can be done. Supply is limited on everything right now. For reference they did have it for 7 weeks. The second time only 7 days, but I let a buddy do the work the second time and never had anymore issues.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
No, I was told greenway did not offer that at the moment.

Call Jeep Cares and request a loaner. One of the first questions on a survey for repairs is if you were offered a loaner. Because Jeep provides them to the dealerships. I got a brand new JLU to drive for a week waiting on a pinion seal. Greenway probably using them for Salesmen Demo's.

Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Well, at least you have had yours, been able to drive it. Mine is sitting in the lot at Toledo, flash done for the M/T in February, end of month. Just sitting there, didn't get on the train it was supposed to and now it may be another 2-4 weeks that it MIGHT show up. This is my first Jeep . . .

Would have been easier to import a 25+ year old Land Cruiser . . just saying . .

Good news, got to watch 2 people drive by my house today in Gladiators, top off smiling away

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
jeep/Chrysler/gm/Ford etc are not having parts issues. This is well documented actually. The simple fact is they’d rather build and sell a new car than fix yours. Jeep’s are a big seller now and every new one sold is more money for jeep. it just makes more sense for the bottom line. Regardless this just isn’t right. I’d talk to a lawyer and demand a new gladiator and compensation for lack of vehicle for those nearly 2 months and lost wages due to not having vehicle for work purposes. hell you might even find a pro bono lawyer for this or one working only contingency. Depending on your local court system you can probably get a lawyer to writes some threatening letters for a few hundred bucks. All in all there is no excuse for not fixing your rig. They should honestly just give you a new one and include an extended warranty as well.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
jeep/Chrysler/gm/Ford etc are not having parts issues. This is well documented actually. The simple fact is they’d rather build and sell a new car than fix yours. Jeep’s are a big seller now and every new one sold is more money for jeep. it just makes more sense for the bottom line. Regardless this just isn’t right. I’d talk to a lawyer and demand a new gladiator and compensation for lack of vehicle for those nearly 2 months and lost wages due to not having vehicle for work purposes. hell you might even find a pro bono lawyer for this or one working only contingency. Depending on your local court system you can probably get a lawyer to writes some threatening letters for a few hundred bucks. All in all there is no excuse for not fixing your rig. They should honestly just give you a new one and include an extended warranty as well.
They aren't having parts issues? They just shut down 5 manufacturing plants due to lack of chips.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Doesn’t this apply to lemon laws if they can’t fix it in a period of time. Or is it only three times or more?

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
They aren't having parts issues? They just shut down 5 manufacturing plants due to lack of chips.
dont Let the news fool you they are now lacking parts but not due to COVID. And they have a 4+ week supply of parts for new gladiators to roll off the line. There are thousands waiting in manufacturing lot waiting to be transported. A lot of companies and industries are using the COVID pandemic as a crutch.

Sponsored

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
Sorry about your transmission. I bought a brand new 2001 3/4 ton Ram with the Cummins in 2000, turbo went out, then the power steering, when the power steering went out, I lost brakes (diesel thing) took out the front axle and control arms. Dodge had it for months, finally wind up buying it back from me (at a loss to ME). I bought another in 2005. There will be lemons out there with anything that sells as many vehicles as they do. And yup, sucks the way they treat people.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Doesn’t this apply to lemon laws if they can’t fix it in a period of time. Or is it only three times or more?
3 times or 3 months. I had A similar time, was mult parts failur, issue. Was filing lemon when through using GM corporate got it fixed, 2 refunded payments and 10 free oil changes.

call Corporat Jeep/Mopar and start there. I’d lemon law it at the 3 month mark, or at least start the process. Be nice but sound frustrated when talking to corporate. I’ll swing back if I remember anything else.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
dont Let the news fool you they are now lacking parts but not due to COVID. And they have a 4+ week supply of parts for new gladiators to roll off the line. There are thousands waiting in manufacturing lot waiting to be transported. A lot of companies and industries are using the COVID pandemic as a crutch.
Well working for one of the largest logistics companies in the world I can shed some light. While they might have those parts in China or where ever. There is a huge back up in shipping. Equipment to ship cargo in especially special equipment is very difficult to get and space on vessels depending on the lanes can be even tougher. It can often be big delays in getting space on vessels with cargo often sitting for long periods. The cost of shipping is skyrocketing due to this and fuel so you can bet those cost will be passed on. The stuck vessel in the Suez is even going to cause big issues. Last report we got there were almost 300 vessels anchored up and some turning around to go around the Cape which adds days, fuel and delays.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
They should be accomodating you. I had an extended wait for parts and after getting the attention (up line in FCA) I got: 1) Parts expedited. 2) A loaner vehicle. 3) Reimbursed for one month's payment.
Follow the chain in the owner's manual or contact Jeep Cares to get it started.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Taking months to fix a vehicle is neither a Jeep thing nor a dealer thing; it is a FIAT thing.

Thirty years ago, Fiat left North America with its tail between its legs because every time you needed something repaired, it took weeks to get the parts.

Well, here we are again. Fiat owns/owned Jeep, and it needs weeks to get parts.

Capish?
Sponsored