First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I really would have preferred a manual trans but at this point you have to follow where the manufactures put their money and testing. Right now that is in the auto trans.
Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
dont Let the news fool you they are now lacking parts but not due to COVID. And they have a 4+ week supply of parts for new gladiators to roll off the line. There are thousands waiting in manufacturing lot waiting to be transported. A lot of companies and industries are using the COVID pandemic as a crutch.
Any proof to back this up? Seems completely opposite to the professional experience I have had relative to this topic.

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
Last report we got there were almost 300 vessels anchored up and some turning around to go around the Cape which adds days, fuel and delays.
we are pretty much hearing the same.....sketchy times in manufacturing and the supply chain in general. covid related or not it doesn't look good.

ShotCaller

First Name
vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
self employed
The noisy wheel gets the grease...I would start making a little more noise about this.
Regional manager is a good start, then a lawyer.

Maybe contact the local media and tell them about your problem. Here in charlotte they have a reporter who deals with consumer issues. Someone I know was having an issue with a local construction company. They got the local media involved, and they got their money back.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I' ve owned 36 Jeeps since 1972. Had bad transmission after 150K miles on an 82 Grand Wagoneer, bad transmissions again at 150K miles on two Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited models and most recently on my 2016 JKU Rubicon. Dealer had it 7 weeks before the new transmission came in and that was after more than a dozen calls to Jeep customer care.

Needless to say, the same day the dealer told me that there were no transmissions to be had and that it could take 60 days I ordered a new JTR diesel.

Bottom line, every car manufacture has issues with something, won't stop me from buying an electric Gladiator when they come out.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
My JTR is stuck at dealer...now going on 2 weeks...after about 3-4 trips to dealer in the last month.. It is undrivable and waiting on a new transmission. I call the dealer and jeep cares daily trying to get updates...and they just keep saying they are "working on it". The case manager from Jeep seemed to be attentive first couple day but seems to have gone dark on me. Its bad enough that a 60k vehicle has crappy transmission that needs to be replaced after 16k miles but that they do not seem to take it seriously. Not sure what to do....I can't take the truck since its not drivable....going to wait til end of this week then next week might be lawyer time. At this point...I am done with Jeep...I would not trust it even if they said they fixed it, but I do need it "fixed" so I can explore options. I had a road trip planned next week but I sure as hell am not gonna take it in the POS Chevy Malibu loaner they were cheap enough to give me.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
My JTR is stuck at dealer...now going on 2 weeks...after about 3-4 trips to dealer in the last month.. It is undrivable and waiting on a new transmission. I call the dealer and jeep cares daily trying to get updates...and they just keep saying they are "working on it". The case manager from Jeep seemed to be attentive first couple day but seems to have gone dark on me. Its bad enough that a 60k vehicle has crappy transmission that needs to be replaced after 16k miles but that they do not seem to take it seriously. Not sure what to do....I can't take the truck since its not drivable....going to wait til end of this week then next week might be lawyer time. At this point...I am done with Jeep...I would not trust it even if they said they fixed it, but I do need it "fixed" so I can explore options. I had a road trip planned next week but I sure as hell am not gonna take it in the POS Chevy Malibu loaner they were cheap enough to give me.
My dealer gave me a 2021 JLU Rubicon as a loaner car. I am good with the new transmission which has a new part number meaning it's been upgraded to fix past known issues. They had it 7 weeks before I got it back.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
we are pretty much hearing the same.....sketchy times in manufacturing and the supply chain in general. covid related or not it doesn't look good.
Yep its not really all about Covid. Carriers are running thin on equipment and space to keep the market tight and revenue high. They don't want to see it back in the years past when they had a ton of vessels and equipment just sitting empty and not making cash. Also you have had a number of lines who have basically gone out of business or cut a lot of lanes due to poor cargo flow.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
My dealer gave me a 2021 JLU Rubicon as a loaner car. I am good with the new transmission which has a new part number meaning it's been upgraded to fix past known issues. They had it 7 weeks before I got it back.
Wow 7 weeks...that is absurd. You have more patience and understanding than I do. Would not 7 weeks have qualified you for lemon law?

I have heard all the stuff about Covid, yada yada....Even if I believed them, as a customer those are simply excuses and do not matter. I bought a 60k vehicle....that is still under warranty...needing a new transmission at only 16k miles is clearly a design fault.....it is on them to be able to have parts available to cover warranty claims. Far as I can tell they are still pumping out new JTs out of the plant...which of course have transmissions...so I know the parts are available....they are just choosing to not allocate them for warranty repairs. More and more I think about it....if the part is not at the very least on its way to dealer by end of this week...I will be getting with a lawyer.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Wow 7 weeks...that is absurd. You have more patience and understanding than I do. Would not 7 weeks have qualified you for lemon law?

I have heard all the stuff about Covid, yada yada....Even if I believed them, as a customer those are simply excuses and do not matter. I bought a 60k vehicle....that is still under warranty...needing a new transmission at only 16k miles is clearly a design fault.....it is on them to be able to have parts available to cover warranty claims. Far as I can tell they are still pumping out new JTs out of the plant...which of course have transmissions...so I know the parts are available....they are just choosing to not allocate them for warranty repairs. More and more I think about it....if the part is not at the very least on its way to dealer by end of this week...I will be getting with a lawyer.
I had 50k miles on mine, pretty sure that wouldn't qualify under lemon law. Anyway, I'm patient, they gave me a new Rubicon to drive, a buddy of mine actually got a Gladiator for his loaner car for 3 weeks but they only have one JT as a loaner car so I had to settle for a JL.

Besides, my rig has about 25K in aftermarket on it, plan on keeping it for a while ;)

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had 50k miles on mine, pretty sure that wouldn't qualify under lemon law. Anyway, I'm patient, they gave me a new Rubicon to drive, a buddy of mine actually got a Gladiator for his loaner car for 3 weeks but they only have one JT as a loaner car so I had to settle for a JL.

Besides, my rig has about 25K in aftermarket on it, plan on keeping it for a while ;)
I think for me, beyond the fact that I have to be dealing with this so early in miles is the insult of giving me a damn Chevy Malibu as loaner.....I have actually been driving my wifes Renegade and leaving the loaner at home because I hate driving the thing....I have only ever had Jeeps or trucks so feel extremely uncomfortable driving a car. With no ETA, i really do not look forward to months of this.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I think for me, beyond the fact that I have to be dealing with this so early in miles is the insult of giving me a damn Chevy Malibu as loaner.....I have actually been driving my wifes Renegade and leaving the loaner at home because I hate driving the thing....I have only ever had Jeeps or trucks so feel extremely uncomfortable driving a car. With no ETA, i really do not look forward to months of this.
Sorry for your experience. Dealer is a jerk giving you a POS like a Malibu. Start Calling Jeep Customer care every day and don't take their "we'll get back to you in 2 or 3 days" . The dealer told me that I got my tranny 2 weeks before another customer who had his in the shop 2 weeks before me so his was almost 3 months. Dealer told me it was my constant badgering of the Customer Care line that made a difference. The squeaky wheel gets greased first.

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I Had a similar experience with 2019 Ram Rebel. Within the first 6 months it Had to be towed to the dealer 3 times.
It had Burning smell in the cabin when the truck was running,
Touch Screen stereo would black out.
sometimes the truck would just die with no electric to it at all and have to get towed.
And it averaged 7-8 mpg all the time consistently.
The dude from Ram said the Hemi needed 25,000 + miles to break in properly and then the MPG should improve and burning smells should clear up. I’ve owned several Rams with hemis and never had to break an engine in for 25,000 miles until it ran right. Lol.
They finally sorted the electric out
but then the gas tank hose broke. It would not allow any gas at any volume to be filled in the tank. It would keep tripping the gas lever auto shut off.
So That was it. I cut my loses and got rid of it within the first year and took the hit.
but I’ve never had any other issues with any of my previous Rams or Jeeps.
but Rams customer support was a Shit experience for me.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I Had a similar experience with 2019 Ram Rebel. Within the first 6 months it Had to be towed to the dealer 3 times.
It had Burning smell in the cabin when the truck was running,
Touch Screen stereo would black out for days.
sometimes the truck would just die with no electric to it at all and have to get towed.
And it averaged 7-8 mpg all the time consistently.
The dude from Ram said the Hemi needed 25,000 + miles to break in properly and then the MPG should improve and burning smells should clear up. I’ve owned several Rams with hemis and never had to break an engine in for 25,000 miles until it ran right. Lol.
They finally sorted the electric out
but then the gas tank hose broke. It would not allow any gas at any volume to be filled in the tank. It would keep tripping the gas lever auto shut off.
So That was it. I cut my loses and got rid of it within the first year and took the hit.
but I’ve never had any other issues with any of my previous Rams or Jeeps.
but Rams customer support was a Shit experience for me.
I suppose if the Dealer and Customer care experience was better I would be less upset....but right now they are killing any desire to continue supporting Jeep. Just complete lack of urgency or anything. I just have to believe that if they made the effort they could have a transmission at dealer within a week....when I know they are pumping out new JTs every day. They know, we have very little recourse but to wait. If I end up having to wait 7+ weeks like others...that is 2mo of payments for a dead vehicle. Unacceptable. I just got off phone with a lawyer, they are looking into what my options are.