First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
This is the 2nd thread about how bad Jeep sucks. I will suggest Jeeps in general don't suck but dealerships suck. Personally speaking when an issue gets vaulted to the corporate level I have experienced FCA going above and beyond. I don't know if it is a bad marketing ploy to put corporate on a pedestal or what? They have to know their dealerships are horrible people to interact with. Service advisers have too long of a leash IMO.

Sorry about your situation OP. My 1st Jeep brand vehicle was a warranty nightnare and everytime I went in to warranty it it was war. Glad I didn't let it deter me from buying a JT cause I've had zero issues and love every second I'm driving it.
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Yes I bought it brand new end of June 2020. No break controller. Only electrical mods are headlights that I installed the first month I bought it.
No break controller? Well then, it's no wonder everything breaks!

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
This is the 2nd thread about how bad Jeep sucks. I will suggest Jeeps in general don't suck but dealerships suck. Personally speaking when an issue gets vaulted to the corporate level I have experienced FCA going above and beyond. I don't know if it is a bad marketing ploy to put corporate on a pedestal or what? They have to know their dealerships are horrible people to interact with. Service advisers have too long of a leash IMO.

Sorry about your situation OP. My 1st Jeep brand vehicle was a warranty nightnare and everytime I went in to warranty it it was war. Glad I didn't let it deter me from buying a JT cause I've had zero issues and love every second I'm driving it.
I agree with you about my first Jeep being a warranty nightmare. I had a 2004 Jeep Wrangler rubicon, I put a 4.5 long arm kit on it and 33” Good year MTR’s. I started to have driveline vibes at about 5000 miles. I took it to where I had my lift installed and they checked everything out and found nothing wrong with the set up, took it to a friend who had same lift kit and was a mechanic and he checked over everything and could find nothing wrong with the set up either. Took it to the dealership and their first response was it’s the aggressive tread on your tires causing the issue. I explained that the rubicon comes with 31” good year mtr’s and the tread was identical. They hemmed and hawed and eventually replaced the rear half of my manual transmission. Did not fix the issue, so basically just lived with it till my clutch went out at 37k miles just out of warranty. Took it to a trusty mechanic and he called me very quickly and explained that the pilot bearing was missing. Not chewed up in the pan just plain out missing. Needless to say after the repair my Jeep drove perfect.

MikeLowry968

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport
straight up trollin' This is a great place for Jeep owners to share stories, pictures, and get ideas. Original post dosn't even ask any question or have a concern, just needed a place to shed some tears I guess. trade it in, move on, and get something new. Then look for a forum on that brand to complain about, sorry your dealer sucks, good luck.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator Jeep sucks.... I have no idea how some of you have owned so many il_340x270.1012119700_ocw3

been there, done it, got tshirt.

went resto with no tech!

as for all the comments, way to miss the point.

you dont know until you know. then you know.

because it's not only this jeep OP is decrying.

its when you watch the entire system fail your jeep.

(u pay closer attention to the details because you care about your jeep).

then you ken the certainty of an eventual cascading system fail.

Paul Revere much?

:LOL::CWL::like::rock:

Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
If it would be lemmon law would you like to try another? I really have some great memories I wish you could experience the same. Treat yourself and enjoy life. Thanks for sharing.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
If it would be lemmon law would you like to try another? I really have some great memories I wish you could experience the same. Treat yourself and enjoy life. Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely like getting stuck with my son in snow in BFE and teaching him how to winch out...priceless.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep sucks.... I have no idea how some of you have owned so many 52269
Jeep Gladiator Jeep sucks.... I have no idea how some of you have owned so many 52270
Jeep Gladiator Jeep sucks.... I have no idea how some of you have owned so many 52271

Woodreaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Harley Davidson
Occupation
Engineerig
Red/Green,
Good for you spending time with your son. So many don’t and it’s just too easy.

Sponsored

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Red/Green,
Good for you spending time with your son. So many don’t and it’s just too easy.
I gotta tell ya, stuff like this, getting out of a jam, is more fruitful to kids than sitting in school all day.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
At this point I’m not sure. I really really liked the truck. I’m glad I got a chance to drive on the beach with it. I just think there are so many flaws with jeep to give another chance. I mean on top of all the electrical issues my back window leaks, I would be afraid to address that issue now.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
No break controller? Well then, it's no wonder everything breaks!
I was thinking the same thing! If you don't have a break controller, you have nothing to prevent your brakes from breaking and that could be a dangerous situation. ;)

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
When you purchase ANY vehicle, you are playing Russian roulette. Some brands or models may have more bullets in the gun, but they all have problems. You can go on any forum, for any vehicle and find multiple "XYZ vehicle sucks" threads. Those will inevitably have the "for $xx,xxx.00 dollars", you shouldn't have to deal with this. For every $12,000 Kia or $175,000 Mercedes model produced, there is somebody that thinks it sucks and they shouldn't have to experience these problems. If you purchased a $32,000,000.00 Boeing 737 Max, you probably feel this way too.

My issues have been with the dealer experience. If you are unfortunate enough to have a vehicle problem, but could get it in to the dealer, have them diagnose and repair the issue, then send you on your way it might not be a lasting, negative feeling about the vehicle. BUT, prevailing ineptitude at dealerships compound a problem into frustrating battles that cost time and money. The only "help" I've received from a manufacturer (Ford) is the ever helpful solution of - "try another dealer", which equates to more time, more money, and greater levels of frustration. This lack of ability to repair a vehicle in a timely fashion (or at all) is what leads to hatred of a brand or forcing somebody to trade a vehicle that they would want/need to keep. This leads to more time and money lost. A vein will pop in my forehead if I hear "We can't duplicate the problem" again.

OP - Good luck with whatever happens in your saga. I understand.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
When you purchase ANY vehicle, you are playing Russian roulette. Some brands or models may have more bullets in the gun, but they all have problems. You can go on any forum, for any vehicle and find multiple "XYZ vehicle sucks" threads. Those will inevitably have the "for $xx,xxx.00 dollars", you shouldn't have to deal with this. For every $12,000 Kia or $175,000 Mercedes model produced, there is somebody that thinks it sucks and they shouldn't have to experience these problems. If you purchased a $32,000,000.00 Boeing 737 Max, you probably feel this way too.

My issues have been with the dealer experience. If you are unfortunate enough to have a vehicle problem, but could get it in to the dealer, have them diagnose and repair the issue, then send you on your way it might not be a lasting, negative feeling about the vehicle. BUT, prevailing ineptitude at dealerships compound a problem into frustrating battles that cost time and money. The only "help" I've received from a manufacturer (Ford) is the ever helpful solution of - "try another dealer", which equates to more time, more money, and greater levels of frustration. This lack of ability to repair a vehicle in a timely fashion (or at all) is what leads to hatred of a brand or forcing somebody to trade a vehicle that they would want/need to keep. This leads to more time and money lost. A vein will pop in my forehead if I hear "We can't duplicate the problem" again.

OP - Good luck with whatever happens in your saga. I understand.
I agree with you 100%
Sponsored