"JEEP" tailgate badge mods?

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
I am disappointed the tailgate Jeep badge is essentially a sticker (IMO it should have been embossed into the metal). Peeling it off should be simple enough but does anyone have creative ideas for a good looking mod? Just leave it plain? Live with the sticker?
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Yes basically a 3D sticker but I will be trying to recreate a version of this:

jeep-j6-concept-1-3.jpg

Would be awesome if it were embossed.
And a small version of this on the bottom RH corner:
Fonts2.PNG

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
I guess i'm the minority here. While I do think the retro emblems of the JT6 concept are cool, I am generally not a fan of emblems to begin with so once I get my JT, I am happy the emblems are just stickers, because I plan to remove all of the emblems and stickers. UNLESS, the Scrambler concept "Heritage" stripes are confirmed, and then I will be looking to replicate the retro badges.

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I plan on a 2 step modification. I will first plasti-dip the emblem then cover the surface with an orange decal. Essentially the sides will be black with orange tops.

Anyone with a gladiator able to shoot me a straight on picture of the emblems with surface measurements? I would like to start making the decals so i can slap them on day 1.

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
https://www.domednumbers.com has some incredible 3D style stickers for boat registrations that I've used for years and they are high quality - I'm sure they'd be able to whip up something decent for the tailgate using their custom sticker creator (https://www.domednumbers.com/request-proof)
THANKS A LOT, PAL!
Not necessarily for the Jeep (although it may) but I have been looking for places that make stuff like that for ages and just never knew what to search for. You may have just clued me into a whole new way to waste money. lol.

OP
OP

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
I guess i'm the minority here. While I do think the retro emblems of the JT6 concept are cool, I am generally not a fan of emblems to begin with so once I get my JT, I am happy the emblems are just stickers, because I plan to remove all of the emblems and stickers. UNLESS, the Scrambler concept "Heritage" stripes are confirmed, and then I will be looking to replicate the retro badges.
I agree, I'm generally not a fan of all the badging. If it fits in with the overall vehicle I don't mind it. IMO if they couldn't bother to stamp the metal~ just leave it blank. Or at a minimum perhaps the font could have been a bit bigger and centered better. I understand it is done the way it is to stay out of the way of the camera, but it makes the "Jeep" look 'high and tight'... Something retro would be awesome or perhaps a smaller "Gladiator" that could go in a lower corner. I would personally prefer something better quality than a sticker. I'm assuming that years from now the sticker looks bad and the paint under it no longer matches the rest of the truck. Currently I guess I will debadge and wait for all the creative people on this forum to come up with something awesome! Maybe we need @Bobs85Reny to whip some great options (retro included)! :please:

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
I agree, I'm generally not a fan of all the badging. If it fits in with the overall vehicle I don't mind it. IMO if they couldn't bother to stamp the metal~ just leave it blank. Or at a minimum perhaps the font could have been a bit bigger and centered better. I understand it is done the way it is to stay out of the way of the camera, but it makes the "Jeep" look 'high and tight'... Something retro would be awesome or perhaps a smaller "Gladiator" that could go in a lower corner. I would personally prefer something better quality than a sticker. I'm assuming that years from now the sticker looks bad and the paint under it no longer matches the rest of the truck. Currently I guess I will debadge and wait for all the creative people on this forum to come up with something awesome! Maybe we need @Bobs85Reny to whip some great options (retro included)! :please:
tailgate.jpg

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU