Sponsored

Jeep wave and 4 free oil changes... can you use last 2 year mark?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Just wondering if you are able to use the 4 free oil changes after the two year mark? Anyone know?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure but I would think most could get them in within the two years. I'm about to be on my third oil change in 7 months, 2,000 more miles and I'll be at 15,000 miles

OP
OP
danielspivey

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Not sure but I would think most could get them in within the two years. I'm about to be on my third oil change in 7 months, 2,000 more miles and I'll be at 15,000 miles
I did my first one at around 8k, so if I’m going to get my free ones I should do every 4K moving forward....?

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I still have all 4 of my oil changes, plus my dealer gave me two free changes.
Problem is I live pretty far from my dealer, and I actually enjoy changing the oil myself!

I guess I'll wait until my inspection is due to cash in one of the free changes.

I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of all those within 2 years.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The nice thing about the Jeep Wave is that you don't have to go to the dealer where you purchased the JT to use it, you can just choose a participating dealer closer to you if you traveled far for purchase. You have to register for the program and you'll get emails every so often reminding you to use up the freebies. It does expire two years after you purchased so get 4 in before then. I just used mine at a different dealer than I bought, with no hassles. They didn't even give me trouble for rotating the rubicon takeoffs I put on my Sport S. Technically they do not have to do the tire rotation for free if your wheels/tires are not OEM. Also you may want to get the first oil change early because there are a lot of excess metals that get into your oil from the brand new engine breaking in...

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
They expire and once they are gone they are gone. My rule for these is every 6 month's do one since they are free
This right here. I got the 4 free ones and with one of the warranty packages I also got 6 more oil changes, so I got 10 to use total. First 4 jeep wave which I'll probably have those done by 18 months in. Then I got 6 more after that so I should not have to change my oil myself for a while. All of them come with free tire rotation as well. I like changing my oil as well but you can't beat having it done for free.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I still have all 4 of my oil changes, plus my dealer gave me two free changes.
Problem is I live pretty far from my dealer, and I actually enjoy changing the oil myself!

I guess I'll wait until my inspection is due to cash in one of the free changes.

I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of all those within 2 years.
Just have the oil changed every 3,000 miles, doesn't matter when you go in, the will change the oil no matter how many miles it's been. I did my first one at 4,000 miles, second one at 10,000 miles, I'll do the next one at 15,000.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Starting with the 2021's you'll have 3 years however you'll only have 3 oil changes and tire rotations instead of 4.

Sponsored

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
Is there something special about the tires that everyone is doing tire rotations regularly? Back many decades ago it was recommended, but sometime around the 1980s or so "conventional wisdom" changed to recommend rotation only if unusual wear was detected. I honestly can't remember when was the last time I did a tire rotation on any of my vehicles, and I've never experienced premature wear .

hayasa

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It is all in the name of preventative maintenance. Typically the front tires will wear faster due to their greater role in braking, and they will wear on the outsides more than the rears will due to scrubbing while turning. So by moving switching them up you get longer life overall rather than having to replace your fronts quicker. And good idea to corner swap them so they spin the other direction so as to even out directional wear patterns. (As long as the tires are not uni-directional, of course.)

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Is there something special about the tires that everyone is doing tire rotations regularly? Back many decades ago it was recommended, but sometime around the 1980s or so "conventional wisdom" changed to recommend rotation only if unusual wear was detected. I honestly can't remember when was the last time I did a tire rotation on any of my vehicles, and I've never experienced premature wear .
If you have M/T's you want to rotate them more often to extend the life, since they wear faster. If you have the A/T's or even the H/T's, you won't have to rotate as often. Also, this is my first Jeep, so not sure how having a solid front axle vs an independent front suspension, and being RWD affects wear...

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
So by moving switching them up you get longer life overall rather than having to replace your fronts quicker. And good idea to corner swap them so they spin the other direction so as to even out directional wear patterns. (As long as the tires are not uni-directional, of course.)
I think you meant to say as long as the tires are not directional.

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
Wow Man , you've put in some serious seat time
Sponsored