Sponsored

Jeep Wave Program Won't Rotate "Oversized" Tires (35ers)

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
OK. First off I ONLY wanted my oil changed and the lady is doing her thing and the guy beside her sees my truck butts in and goes full tilt "NOPE" and says we can't perform the Jeep Wave as you have oversized tires.........

I'm taken back and said I only want the oil changed, so then he changes his defensive stance and said well... OK.

I did later point out that I paid them to $125 to recalibrate the truck for 35's. Plus the Wrangler can now be had with 35's per Recon option.

I get it the tires weigh more but this seems to be at odds with their messaging.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
OK. First off I ONLY wanted my oil changed and the lady is doing her thing and the guy beside her sees my truck butts in and goes full tilt "NOPE" and says we can't preform the Jeep Wave as you have oversized tires.........

I'm taken back and said I only want the oil changed, so then he changes his defensive stance and said well... OK.

I did later point out that I paid them to $125 to recalibrate the truck for 35's. Plus the Wrangler can now be had with 35's per Recon option.

I get it the tires weigh more but this seems to be at odds with their messaging.
That's THAT dealer, not Jeep wave.
My local dealership would do it in a heartbeat. They sell new Wranglers and Gladiators with 35s.

OP
OP

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
My local dealership would do it in a heartbeat. They sell new Wranglers and Gladiators with 35s.
Yeah I meant to say that might be the dealer.
Funny you say that as they have a Willys with 37s on lot now new.

Wilkerbeast

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom Edition
Occupation
Aviation Technician
Vehicle Showcase
ya, dealer issue, mine rotated my 34s

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, it's an issue with the dealer, or a crappy customer service rep, not the Jeep Wave program. My dealer rotated my 35's with no issue.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
No issues here but I have Americas tire rotate them as they check the wear pattern and will let you know of any issues

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I mean, honestly, asking somebody else to rotate 100 lbs. of mass times 4 around YOUR Jeep is kind of a dick move. If you have a dealer willing to do that, make sure you thank them and be super polite at all times.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
I mean, honestly, asking somebody else to rotate 100 lbs. of mass times 4 around YOUR Jeep is kind of a dick move. If you have a dealer willing to do that, make sure you thank them and be super polite at all times.
I've been spoiled working at a Kia dealership for years and I haven't touched tires bigger than 245/60/18 in years. I mounted and balanced my 35s and told myself never again... I'm too old for this shit :CWL:. I do know that our Chrysler shop would rotate any size tire to a point and would probably charge more if they get into the ridiculous size range.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've been spoiled working at a Kia dealership for years and I haven't touched tires bigger than 245/60/18 in years. I mounted and balanced my 35s and told myself never again... I'm too old for this shit :CWL:. I do know that our Chrysler shop would rotate any size tire to a point and would probably charge more if they get into the ridiculous size range.
Yeah for real. Picking up a 35" tire and wheel combo is hell on a guy's lower back whether he's healthy or not, especially if the Jeep is up on the rack. I do my own rotations, but I do them in the driveway where I can sit on my butt and use my legs and arms both to hoist the tire a few inches and mount it. Much easier on the body that way.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Who lifts em? The vehicle is raised until tires just clear the floor and slid off and rolled around and slid on. Even with my back not a big deal. Lots of tricks I've learned to handle such things as my back deteriorated.....like a jack handle to help slide tire into place. What I won't do is lift them. I use ramps or my engine hoist.
Rotating those tires can't be worse than carrying two bundles of shingles up a ladder to a roof. See that all the time.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I learned that trick, but using my feet, when swapping between AT 35's and MT 37's on my ex's H2. Getting the spare on the rear rack was a helluva challenge, though!

Yeah for real. Picking up a 35" tire and wheel combo is hell on a guy's lower back whether he's healthy or not, especially if the Jeep is up on the rack. I do my own rotations, but I do them in the driveway where I can sit on my butt and use my legs and arms both to hoist the tire a few inches and mount it. Much easier on the body that way.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to point out that stock rubicon tires on stock rims are just shy of 90 pounds already. My 37's are big but they're 97 pounds, not sure the 7 pounds is really a huge ask.
Tire and wheel weights vary - I'd bet that some 35s may be 10 to 15 pounds heavier depending on wheel and tire (MTs?? etc.)
Still, there are ways to rotate tires without heavy lifting. I've been doing it for years since starting to have back issues because of my decades of lifting and bending over fenders.

But then some shops may not have the same staff and/or equipment others do, so........... if one refuses, try another.
Sponsored