First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
I hope I'm wrong, but with the changes in Washington the EPA may rain on our V8 parade before it gets going. The 5.4 will be a big hit in the fuel average.
They've already promised to reinstate and strengthen all the EPA regs, including CAFE numbers that the current admin rolled back. That cannot be good news for any big gas engine. I doubt it would happen in time to change any 2021 models, but it clearly could have severe impact for all future plans.

That said, I'm much more interested in a "4xe" Gladiator anyways. Don't know why Jeep is being so stingy on offering the same powerplants in the Gladiator as they do in the Wrangler. Not EVERYONE who buys a pickup is looking for max towing or max capacity hauling. If I were such a person where max tow and max haul were paramount, I think I'd be looking very hard at a full-size instead of a mid.
Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I'm sure FCA is waiting on the JT sales numbers to justify whether or not it's worth investing in additional power plant configurations. End of the day, Wrangler has a bit of a track record, JT is just starting out in the market place.

Tacobuster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2020 LT1 Camaro
That said, I'm much more interested in a "4xe" Gladiator anyways. Don't know why Jeep is being so stingy on offering the same powerplants in the Gladiator as they do in the Wrangler. Not EVERYONE who buys a pickup is looking for max towing or max capacity hauling. If I were such a person where max tow and max haul were paramount, I think I'd be looking very hard at a full-size instead of a mid.
Well i want max tow and 4xe! I hope its not just wishful thinking.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
okay the waiting begins.......not going to trade the JT for a JL anytime soon (according to my boss) . If they don't end up releasing 4XE or 392 options for the JT in a couple years there's always the aftermarket or getting into a wrangler then. They did say though that they will electrify the entire line-up so the 4XE will certainly come.... also I think the gladiator has been selling well in 2020

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
I'm sure FCA is waiting on the JT sales numbers to justify whether or not it's worth investing in additional power plant configurations. End of the day, Wrangler has a bit of a track record, JT is just starting out in the market place.
True, but JT sales are up big, and honestly I think the only holdbacks were/are lack of advertising and lack of engine choices, at least the engine choice issue is being remedied with the addition of the diesel and in absolutely sure the V8 is coming in 2021 or at least being announced for a 2022 model.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
okay the waiting begins.......not going to trade the JT for a JL anytime soon (according to my boss) . If they don't end up releasing 4XE or 392 options for the JT in a couple years there's always the aftermarket or getting into a wrangler then. They did say though that they will electrify the entire line-up so the 4XE will certainly come.... also I think the gladiator has been selling well in 2020
they better put a beefed up pacifica v6 hybrid in, not the 4 cylinder electric option. That's what i'm hoping for anyway. plus a $7500 tax credit. =)

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Gladiator, but wish Jeep would show it the same love they show the Wrangler.

It’s awesome Jeep is putting a Hemi in a Wrangler, but no mention of a Gladiator 392 was a big let down. Same with the Wrangler 4xE announcement.

The Bronco forced Jeep to step up it’s Wrangler game, but why not go on the offensive against the Tacomas, Rangers, and Colorados too? Announce the Gladiator 392, the Gladiator 4xE and take even more of my money.

Please Jeep, even a teaser or “We got you” would do!

P.S. I do acknowledge the Gladiator diesel is a win, but the Wrangler gets the 3.6, 2.0, Diesel, 4xE and 392. And the Ram TRX is an absolute beast, but IMHO, a different truck segment all together.
I am surprised they did not lead with the Gladiator on this one!

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
I love the Gladiator, but wish Jeep would show it the same love they show the Wrangler.

It’s awesome Jeep is putting a Hemi in a Wrangler, but no mention of a Gladiator 392 was a big let down. Same with the Wrangler 4xE announcement.

The Bronco forced Jeep to step up it’s Wrangler game, but why not go on the offensive against the Tacomas, Rangers, and Colorados too? Announce the Gladiator 392, the Gladiator 4xE and take even more of my money.

Please Jeep, even a teaser or “We got you” would do!

P.S. I do acknowledge the Gladiator diesel is a win, but the Wrangler gets the 3.6, 2.0, Diesel, 4xE and 392. And the Ram TRX is an absolute beast, but IMHO, a different truck segment all together.
We pre-ordered last week, so we'll be adding to the Hemi stable ;)

I personally think they'll announce a 392 JT in the next year. We'll see.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
We pre-ordered last week, so we'll be adding to the Hemi stable ;)

I personally thing they'll announce a 392 JT in the next year. We'll see.
maybe they'll skip the 392 and go with the hellcat or hellaphant version. :giggle:

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
maybe they'll skip the 392 and go with the hellcat or hellaphant version. :giggle:
Yeah but then the range is like 100 miles per tank of gas lol. I am too committed to the JT platform to trade it in and the boss wants to keep the seven seater so we will wait!!! Would be nice if we could pre-order the 392 JT. They should just open a reservation site and see how much interest they get

Sponsored

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
A 4xe Gladiator is the only thing I'd get excited for and consider trading my current Gladiator for. Being able to do most, if not all of my daily errands without having to use any gas would be amazing. Or running a short trail all electric, I'm in.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
A 4xe Gladiator is the only thing I'd get excited for and consider trading my current Gladiator for. Being able to do most, if not all of my daily errands without having to use any gas would be amazing. Or running a short trail all electric, I'm in.
All indications are that the 4xe system will be heavier than the diesel = even less payload & they never address towing anything with the hybrid either.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone actually know how much one would spend in Energy to charge this thing. Just wondering if the electricity bill will be higher than the gas bill.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Anyone actually know how much one would spend in Energy to charge this thing. Just wondering if the electricity bill will be higher than the gas bill.
It's a plug in hybrid you could just charge it through the gas engine and never plug it in. Or you ha solar system and use the sun for charging lol. for me personally range matters as well as power but it would be hard to not get the 392 if both were offered. Much simpler and probably long term reliable. Just the range...
Sponsored