First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Hi Folks, still learning all the ins and outs of my 2 week "old" Jeep Mojave (I absolutely love the truck)...

Question about the Jeep Wireless speaker...

So it has a docking station behind the right rear seat....Does the speaker function as part of the "normal" Truck Sound system if it is placed in the docking station and if so is there anything I need to do to make it work this way?

(This question is separate from the ability to pair it to a smart phone and what not).

Thanks in advance,
-Joe
Sponsored

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks, still learning all the ins and outs of my 2 week "old" Jeep Mojave (I absolutely love the truck)...

Question about the Jeep Wireless speaker...

So it has a docking station behind the right rear seat....Does the speaker function as part of the "normal" Truck Sound system if it is placed in the docking station and if so is there anything I need to do to make it work this way?

(This question is separate from the ability to pair it to a smart phone and what not).

Thanks in advance,
-Joe
I don't think it is part of the truck sound system.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I don't believe it is capable of receiving signal from the vehicle's sound system. I have only used the speaker as a stand alone boom box outside of the Jeep with bluetooth signal from my phone. If it turns out otherwise I will most likely find out here!

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Folks,

Kinda odd the manual on page 77 says this:
"When plugged into the docking station the jeep wireless speaker functions as part of the vehicle sound system."

I wonder what they mean by this?

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thanks Folks,

Kinda odd the manual on page 77 says this:
"When plugged into the docking station the jeep wireless speaker functions as part of the vehicle sound system."

I wonder what they mean by this?
Call Jeep.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Call Jeep.
Those people know less than i do and that is not much - lol.

Kinda kidding, I don't know how how Jeep-tech support is yet, but my short experience over the last 2 weeks (as I swim through the 400 page or so manual, and then a second smaller manual just for the 8.4" boob tube) calling customer service with Questions at Uconnect, Sirius, Jeep wave, etc. has been disappointing. Not very knowledgably, transferring me over and over to other "departments", etc.

At any rate, I'll just try it today, just going to plug it into the docking station, see if anything comes out with the Truck sound system on, if not, give it a chance to fully charge, and try one last time. I "think" I got this thing for "free" anyway, it is not listed as an option on my contract and in the 2022 "Build your own tool" it shows as costing about $300.

Kinda strange though if it doesn't work with the vehicle sound system, it is like Jeep is just selling Blue tooth speakers as a "Side business", ha!, which has nothing to do with the vehicle other than it is a good place to charge the speaker.

I love this Truck, small issues and less than Steller CS aside. It is a joy to drive. Can't wait to get it on some "dirt" too.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It is supposed to work as part of the sound system when in the docking bay. The speakers may periodically need the reset pressed to get them working properly. Have you done a bluetooth pairing with a phone or tablet to ensure that the speaker is functioning?

If you bought the truck new, then the docking bay should be wired correctly from the factory. If you bought it used, it could have been added by the previous owner and only providing power to charge the speaker.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It is supposed to work as part of the sound system when in the docking bay. The speakers may periodically need the reset pressed to get them working properly. Have you done a bluetooth pairing with a phone or tablet to ensure that the speaker is functioning?

If you bought the truck new, then the docking bay should be wired correctly from the factory. If you bought it used, it could have been added by the previous owner and only providing power to charge the speaker.
Yep, one would "think" it should...I just put it in the D-station, held the on button for a while, nothing coming out. Going to give it a chance to charge up while I take the Truck for an outing and try again.

Haven't paired yet, that will be next.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well, after the speaker charged up, YEP, it actually started playing music in concert with the Trucks sound system...Yippee haha...

You have to do the balance/fade thing a little to add some extra power to the rear - docked wireless speaker to make its contribution meaningful, and that was with the seat down...Next outing I'll put the seat up and see if I need to add a little more.
Sponsored