Sponsored

Joined the cool kids club! Gladiator Mojave has joined the herd!

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
After much pondering I have finally decided to add a Mojave to the collection and make it my daily driver! Just got it yesterday!

I love this thing! It will share driving duties with my Raptor so I don’t wear my Raptor out doing stuff like commuting, job walks etc.

I wanted something very similar to my Raptor in regards to how well it will handle a very rough, fast dirt road. This Mojave is just what the doctor ordered!

Jeep Gladiator Joined the cool kids club! Gladiator Mojave has joined the herd! 1BD768ED-63DB-43E3-854D-2EE37562626B
Sponsored

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
Welcome to the club. I have a couple friends with raptors and I'm a little jealous. I plan to get one in a couple years once my gladiator is paid off.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Enjoy, they are fun to drive!....Jack

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
I live on a dirt road, 2.2 miles each way to get to the pavement, so 4.4 miles each day at minimum. I get to be Robby Gordon two times a day lol! Actually catch air in one spot.

Mojave feels really good. It actually left me speechless. Impressive is what I would say if I had to sum it up with one word.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
I did notice something about my suspension. When you push the Mojave pretty hard off-road, do you guys notice any dull thud noises that sounds like something is loose? I can’t figure out if it’s the hydraulic bump stops or the bypass’s doing their thing or if something is about to fall off?

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
My intent is to leave it pretty much stock. I don’t want to take a chance of messing up the geometry with the way I push it off-road.

I don’t even want to change the tire size really. However, I would like a slightly wider stance.

I was contemplating just running wheel spacers but I’m afraid of brea them off due to increased leverage ratio on my wheel studs because of the way I drive.

What size offset would one want for the wheels to stick out about 1.5” more on each side?

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Welcome to the club! The "thud" is the hydraulic bump stop I believe. A 9" wide wheel with a +1 offset will give you about 1 1/2" of tire showing outside of the fender flare.

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
Does anybody know how much fender spacing there is at full bump?

I’m reconsidering tire size. If I could do 35’s without hitting fenders at full bump I might like to do this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
I like the Method 307’s I think

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Does anybody know how much fender spacing there is at full bump?

I’m reconsidering tire size. If I could do 35’s without hitting fenders at full bump I might like to do this.
You can do 37s without hitting fenders at full bump. Here is a 37" Toyo MT (one of the larger 37" tires) at full articulation, with a 1" rear lift and 1" bump stop extension. I have an inch of tire clearance left over, and at full articulation the tire that is stuffed is closer to the fender than it would be with both sides at full bump, such as from hitting a g-out bump. A smaller 37" tire doesn't rub without any bump stop extension.

Jeep Gladiator Joined the cool kids club! Gladiator Mojave has joined the herd! Mojave 12-5-20 3

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
Does the same clearance apply to the front as well?

OP
OP
Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinery Mover, Rigger
Will this wheel work?
Jeep Gladiator Joined the cool kids club! Gladiator Mojave has joined the herd! B4A43B55-46A5-439F-8D8C-872C2BAD48BA
Sponsored