JScan app

JeepXJ3

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 WK2, 14 JKUR 80 CJ-7,
I run this on my JK, absolutely love it! I intend to run it on my JT as soon as I take delivery.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So JScan can read and reset check engine lights and codes correct. I was looking at a similar product to JScan but it's a little new. I talked to someone from JScan and they sent me links to what I would need to get it to work on the JT. Looks like bypass cable and a Bluetooth OBD11. Is there a fee on the app. Just want to make.sure I got all the info. They told me everything should be around $90 total which if that is so I'm down. Way better than spending $200+

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeeperjamie , to actually use it on a vehicle you have to pay $20 per vin number. They have multi vin discounts available if you have multiple vehicles.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm going this route then. I can tell my shift points are off and it's bothering me

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
The SGW is above and behind the OBD connector, kind of a pain to get to. This is the two plugs
upload_2020-1-23_17-59-36.jpeg

As for the TPMS all you need to do is mount the tires/wheels and drive it, if they are compatible they will sync up on there own.
Gregj

Of note: In this picture, the camera is facing directly up. The top of the picture is the firewall, the right of the picture is closer to driver's fender. The camera is 2-3" below and in front of the OBD2 port.

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I'm going this route too. Went to a Jeep dealer today and they told me FCA said they could no longer calibrate for bigger tires. I call BS, because they then tried to sell me a $300 tuner.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I'm going this route too. Went to a Jeep dealer today and they told me FCA said they could no longer calibrate for bigger tires. I call BS, because they then tried to sell me a $300 tuner.
You want be disappointed. I have been very pleased with mine and allowed my buddy to use my equipment to do his JKU. Worth the money

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
You want be disappointed. I have been very pleased with mine and allowed my buddy to use my equipment to do his JKU. Worth the money
I was on the jscan.net site and see no mention of the orange bypass cable you bought. Whats the purpose?

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Has anyone had any issues with the Jscan app like the issues with the Tazer or Flashcal where functions do not work after programming like the backup camera, error lights, etc?

Backwoodsraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jts
Has anyone had any issues with the Jscan app like the issues with the Tazer or Flashcal where functions do not work after programming like the backup camera, error lights, etc?
I did my tires and tpms, after unplug got error for the collision sensor. plugged it back up and looked over everything, and it went away. glitch, not sure, but it cleared itself

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I was on the jscan.net site and see no mention of the orange bypass cable you bought. Whats the purpose?
There is a security bypass on the JT, you can't use JScan to change for tires or do the main things you want to do. I think all it will do without the cable is read trouble codes. The developer sent me the links to by those things for it to work and others on here bought it as well.

Here you go screenshots straight from the conversation I had with the developer. He mentions what is needed and the total cost. You don't need the Cable on JKs on JLs and JTs

Screenshot_20200326-094518.png
Screenshot_20200326-094534.png
Screenshot_20200326-094548.png

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
There is a security bypass on the JT, you can't use JScan to change for tires or do the main things you want to do. I think all it will do without the cable is read trouble codes. The developer sent me the links to by those things for it to work and others on here bought it as well.

Here you go screenshots straight from the conversation I had with the developer. He mentions what is needed and the total cost. You don't need the Cable on JKs on JLs and JTs

Thanks Jeeper, I've got both on the way now. Just thought it was funny there was no mention on their site. Have a good one!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I received my BT OBD2 and Security Bypass cable this week, and successfully changed my tire size, TPMS sensor settings, and fog light dropout. The only thing confusing to me was there are two TPMS limits- a “light load”, and a “max load”. Apparently some trucks have a switch to choose between them, but Jeeps only use the “max load” setting, so you don’t need to touch the other one. JScan recommends the OBDLink MX+ for the JL/JT. Apparently the MX+ can reset some of the ECUs, which is required for certain changes to take place immediately? Not 100% sure, but took their word for it.
Sponsored

Last edited: