Sponsored

JScan app

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Can the cable be left plugged in and tucked away when not in use?

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can but not sure why you would. Only takes about 30 seconds or less to unplug it and plug everything back up.
I just watched a you tube video and the guy made it sound difficult preaching up there to get the cable plugged in. Maybe he was overreacting

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched a you tube video and the guy made it sound difficult preaching up there to get the cable plugged in. Maybe he was overreacting
Yeah it's not hard at all. I'm setting my DRLs to my turn signals right now and I had everything hooked up in less than a minute and I'll everything plugged back in when I get done in the same amount of time. Just note how the two plugs come out when you unplug them, then you want even have to look to plug them back in.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
On my JL Sport it is a piece of cake to get to the plugs, it is a 6 speed manual, the Rubicon and the Gladiator, not so much and they are both automatic. I don’t know what that box is next to the plug in the auto’s is but it makes getting to them a real pain.

Gregj

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
On my JL Sport it is a piece of cake to get to the plugs, it is a 6 speed manual, the Rubicon and the Gladiator, not so much and they are both automatic. I don’t know what that box is next to the plug in the auto’s is but it makes getting to them a real pain.

Gregj
I don't know, mines a auto and I have zero issues getting them out. Just did my DRLs to turn signal and took about 5 minutes total, unplug , program and replug

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool thanks

Monstertruck0519

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Does anyone have time a side by side comparison of this and the tazer. Currently have a tazer lite and I'm waiting on the obd unit for jscan. Trying to decide which route is better before I spring for the tazer upgrade

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have time a side by side comparison of this and the tazer. Currently have a tazer lite and I'm waiting on the obd unit for jscan. Trying to decide which route is better before I spring for the tazer upgrade
Their basically the same unit. Everything the Tazer can do the JScan can do as far as I can tell co springs them tons buddies Tazer. He has been kicking his self pretty much since I got the JScan and we have done the comparison. I probably should dona video on it. When the JScan first came out it had limitations but they have steadily sent updates out and it can now do everything the Tazer can do. Also only $90 compared to $330, a no brainer really

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@Monstertruck0519 you can download the JScan App for free and it had a demo mode that shows you all you can do with it and then you can compare it online to the Tazer specs

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
JScan can’t yet enable lockers or sway bar disconnect in 2wd or 4wheel High, disable auto start/stop, nor can it enable cargo (front) camera. They might add some of those in the future.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a tool that can be used to get those wire harnesses unplugged? I can not get the smaller one out. My hands are all scratched up from reaching up there and my fingertips are sore. Lol

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a tool that can be used to get those wire harnesses unplugged? I can not get the smaller one out. My hands are all scratched up from reaching up there and my fingertips are sore. Lol
It's a PIA! I managed to get them out, but to put them back in I have to use a pair of long needle nose pliers. Maybe you could use a pair of those to help you get them out.
Sponsored