Sponsored

Jscan caused phone audio problems?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJ
I recently used the Jscan tool on my new 22 overland. I changed the cluster to say Rubicon and changed the tire size to 33's.

Beyond that, nothing was changed. Now my phone calls (bluetooth through uconnect, or android auto plugged in) will not work. All other phone audio works, but phone calls themselves are dead air on both sides. I have tried this with two phones.

Will changing the cluster back to rubicon help? Perhaps the rubicon has a different mic/speaker setup and that is why? Not sure what's going on here...
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I recently used the Jscan tool on my new 22 overland. I changed the cluster to say Rubicon and changed the tire size to 33's.

Beyond that, nothing was changed. Now my phone calls (bluetooth through uconnect, or android auto plugged in) will not work. All other phone audio works, but phone calls themselves are dead air on both sides. I have tried this with two phones.

Will changing the cluster back to rubicon help? Perhaps the rubicon has a different mic/speaker setup and that is why? Not sure what's going on here...
Nothing different between Rubicon and others as far as voice commands, etc.
Why change it to say "Rubicon"? Impress?

It is connecting via bluetooth? You actually get a connection?
try resetting the radio - a soft reset. (or use JSCAN to reset it)
Otherwise, there's nothing you can change that will impact that unless you went into the radio settings somehow - but I can't even recall JSCAN settings in that area that would matter.

As far as tires - what did you put on it? You can't set it to "33s" because what people call 33" tires are actually only about 32.8 - so if you set it to 33", its' going to be wrong in the speedometer/odometer. I ended up using something like 32.4 or similar when I had the Rubicon take-off tires on my first Gladiator. It's looking for rolling circumference, not what you think the tires are or what you call them.
Measuring the tire with it installed, weight of the truck on it, from ground to top of tire will get you close. 33's are not 33"

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Have you disconnected your SGW module bypass cable used for Jscan and hooked the SGW moduile back to the vehicle harness? The only reason I say this is that while both the cluster and radio are on the CAN C BUS, the radio has to pass through the SGW module for that to happen.

There may be a issue where the radio needs to do a deep sleep reboot to see and reconfigure what if any changes you may have done to the cluster since they share information with each other.

Attachments

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Check your volume levels.
That's so true - annoying (LOL) but true. And the call volume is adjusted when on a call. Turning it up when playing the radio/music, does nothing for phone calls.
Good point!
Sponsored