Sponsored

JScan app

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
JSCAN can't do that. It ain't likely to happen unless they find a flaw in the PCM code.
Jscan can ONLY check boxes or change what Jeep allows to be changed. It's a transient piece of software otherwise. You can check boxes, then you shut it down and disconnect.
Only something LIVE in the system while it's running and driving can do the ESS
And then - get this - even tazer is NOT disabling ESS! It's only telling the PCM on each start that you have pushed the button. So when you turn your truck off - the PCM resets to ESS on, then you start your truck and TAZER says to the PCM "driver has pushed button".
Jeep likely has to comply with that rule in order to get their CAFE credits for using ESS. If they allow you to shut it off and leave it off via a check box or simple setting, it won't count for them.

I guess the natural muscle memory humans developed with is waning and people no longer develop habits when getting in their truck. Push a button to start - but moving a hand over 4" to another button - too difficult? LOL
I'm shocked so many people's ESS is working. My secondary battery has been "charging" for about a year now. My ESS never activates.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm shocked so many people's ESS is working. My secondary battery has been "charging" for about a year now. My ESS never activates.
Not that you necessarily want it to work - but I'd be concerned about that because one bad battery MAY lead to another. My wife's 2018 WK2 had the ESS stop working, then a few weeks later, it wouldn't start - dealer said both batteries were tested and found to be bad.
You may want to get it fixed to prevent other issues - then you can disable it LOL

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Jeep did it for you, they put a button to in to turn it off. It still gets me that we are so lazy that we can't just push a button to turn the thing off and I'm still trying to figure out why all the hate on it. Most of the people on this forum complaining about MPG's, don't use it and turn it off. It 100% makes a difference on your gas mileage.

16304898201216918445579704628570.jpg

THIS 100%.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Natural motion for me, index finger, push ESS off, then down to the gear shift to put it in gear, one sweeping motion.
I guess for some that seems hard, or to much like work. My wife Hates the ESS when she drives, she pushes the start button, pushes the ESS button, happy in paradise.

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I don't understand the ESS hate. Most days I have a mixed city-highway commute. It doesn't bother me if the truck shuts down or not. In South Florida the AC runs so much it doesn't even shut down.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I don't understand the ESS hate. Most days I have a mixed city-highway commute. It doesn't bother me if the truck shuts down or not. In South Florida the AC runs so much it doesn't even shut down.
Well, you are "Slojo" haha. I didn't spend much time in the automatics I test drove, but I never even noticed it. On my manual it seems to work great. If I know I am going to be taking off quickly, I just keep it in first. At a red light or in a drive thru it turns on quickly enough that I never feel bogged down by it.

I tend to launch fairly quickly too. I had to turn off hill start assist on my JKU because I had a tendency to stall by attempting to launch before the breaks would release. That seems to be implemented much better on the JT as I haven't noticed it yet.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
As someone whose ESS has just quit working at 21K(Battery charging constant message), I'm taking it to the dealer to get fixed(replace the aux battery). My city mileage went from 16mpg with 37s and 4.88s, to 12.9mpg without ESS. I'll take the ESS all day to retain some mileage in my most used environment.

bilib54

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator, 19 Buick Tourx, 62 Dodge lancer
Occupation
retired
I
Just wondering if anyone had luck with
Ess, auto windows, and if there is anything for the auto park when the door is open and I want to backup...
I bought seatbelt extenders to beat that stupid 'safety feature'. Cheap fix.

carlos1984

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger chysler 300s jeep tj
Hi All,What can happen if you clear codes while the engine is running.
I made a mistake. I cleared a p3400 code while the engine was running. Some dash lights came on but they didnt go away like usual. So I turned the vichcle off opened the door and restarted it. No lights, but as soon as I started to drive I got abs brake esp bas lights and they wont go off, code is a c2200, abs module internal.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,What can happen if you clear codes while the engine is running.
I made a mistake. I cleared a p3400 code while the engine was running. Some dash lights came on but they didnt go away like usual. So I turned the vichcle off opened the door and restarted it. No lights, but as soon as I started to drive I got abs brake esp bas lights and they wont go off, code is a c2200, abs module internal.
You didn't cause one code by clearing another. But do follow proper procedures on such things.
Why clear codes and not fix the issue.
and - 3400 is a generic cylinder deactivation code - not likely with a 3.6 Jeep engine.
Maybe you have a hemi, or perhaps a Honda?

exactly what Jeep, year and engine?

carlos1984

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger chysler 300s jeep tj
Sorry this was on my dodge Charger.
Sponsored