Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Hooked mine up today and it worked at first. Then suddenly wasn’t. Found my Aux 12 Volt 10 amp fuse under the hood popped. Yes I hooked it up to the red with white strip wire on the aux Harness on the passenger side firewall.
I guess it popped when I was trying to hit each button at the same time. Any suggestions on another wire inside that will work? Or can someone tell me or show pics where to put wire through the firewall on the passenger side?
Here was my solution (similar to Kevin's but changes the lighter to batt from aux)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ndow-control-module-install.40950/post-664821
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished installing and I can't get the back windows to auto roll from the dash switch panel. The only two things I didn't do were connect the purple and gray wires and I connected to switched power instead of constant. Does anyone know if either of these would cause this issue? I'm not concerned with remote or door lock functionality, which is why I did not worry about these two steps. I thought I read in one of the threads all functionality would work from the dash switch panel in this configuration. Front windows work perfect. I just can't get the rears to auto roll with the "double tap". Not sure what I might be missing here. Thanks

OP
OP
GoVR46

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Just finished installing and I can't get the back windows to auto roll from the dash switch panel. The only two things I didn't do were connect the purple and gray wires and I connected to switched power instead of constant. Does anyone know if either of these would cause this issue? I'm not concerned with remote or door lock functionality, which is why I did not worry about these two steps. I thought I read in one of the threads all functionality would work from the dash switch panel in this configuration. Front windows work perfect. I just can't get the rears to auto roll with the "double tap". Not sure what I might be missing here. Thanks
Its not a double tab. It's a single tap.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Its not a double tab. It's a single tap.
Thanks GoVR46. I tried that too with the Goldilocks “hold” times… quick, long, just right. Nothing appears to work for the rears.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a quick pull or push on the button: ½ second isn't very long. Any longer and the windows will operate normally.
Double-check your wiring, and try connecting to a constant 12V, not a switched 12V.

Kevin

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
It's a quick pull or push on the button: ½ second isn't very long. Any longer and the windows will operate normally.
Double-check your wiring, and try connecting to a constant 12V, not a switched 12V.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin... not sure what's going on. I ran the 12v directly to the battery to check. I've tried all manner of push/pull on the switches. The fronts are great, just can't get the rears to work. I'm going to try connecting the purple and gray wires sometime this weekend just to rule that out.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Kevin... not sure what's going on. I ran the 12v directly to the battery to check. I've tried all manner of push/pull on the switches. The fronts are great, just can't get the rears to work. I'm going to try connecting the purple and gray wires sometime this weekend just to rule that out.
I tried mine before I connected the purple & gray wires, and it worked OK.
Sounds like your next step is to contact the seller.

Kevin

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
I tried mine before I connected the purple & gray wires, and it worked OK.
Sounds like your next step is to contact the seller.

Kevin
Sounds like you've exhausted most of the possibilities. It may be worth checking the connector for bent pins. Good luck! It's awesome once it works.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys… I really appreciate your help troubleshooting this.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D'OH!
My kids are all grown, and don't ride back there, so I never use the lockout.

Good catch!

Kevin

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Never knew it had kid lockouts for the windows!