Sponsored

JT Gladiator Delivery Checklist

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Saw this topic in the JL forum, and thought it might be a good idea to create a version for the JT, so we're all ready to take delivery.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-delivery-checklist.3453/
I'll start it out with some from the JL list that I assume should apply to the JT, and add a few things I've seen in this forum.

1. Two sets of keys
2. Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors)
3. Lugnut key (if you have locking lugs)
4. Freedom top storage bag (if equipped)
5. Carpet floor mats standard (but not if all season mats are equipped)
6. JT Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide (may be in your Jeep’s infotainment system only, but can be printed if requested directly through Jeep). https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-a-hard-copy-free-from-fca.16984/#post-251739
7. Jeep hitch receiver rubber insert (if trailer towing group is equipped) (JL only feature. Not on JT)
8. Towing Pkg only: small baggie with tubing and splices. (If equipped with auxiliary switches)
9. Check for flimsy inner fenders https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flimsy-front-inner-fenders.16605/#post-245631
10. Block heater option, you need to be sure you get the removable cord that is part of the block heater kit (and look under your hood for it if not in a separate bag)
11. Interior dividers for rear cargo box (If equipped with Cargo Management Group)
12. Rubber mats inside your center console
13. Loose steering or drifting (try adjusting tire pressure) https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/loose-steering.16550/page-2#post-251050
14. Rubicon decals on both sides of hood (Rubicon only)
15. Jack and tire removal kit under rear seat
16. Test start/stop. Test start/stop so the slightest reduction of brake pressure will cause the engine to re-start during a normal start/stop/start sequence. Replace brake switch if necessary. If necessary or upon request of owner, turn off start/stop function by deactivating driver side hood switch (there are 2 vertical spring switches, side by side under the hood, near the front driver side. Deactivate the driver side one.)
17. Check Air Conditioning and Heat
18. Plywood notch is in proper working order (keeps plywood from sliding left and right while turning)
90b44ea2-be86-49f7-bfc5-3707e5b72f89-jpeg.jpg

19. Optional Bluetooth Speaker behind rear passenger seat pairs with phone. (If equipped with bluetooth speaker)
What else should be on the list? Is there anything from the JL list that doesn't apply to the JT?
20. Adaptive cruise control sensor cover for when the windshield is folded down.(https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/can-anyone-tell-me-what-this-is-for.21763)
21. Four mounting cleats in the trail rail system (if equipped with Cargo Management Group)
22. Ask for copy of the New Vehicle Preparation Inspection & Road Test Form. Check for completeness. (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/loose-steering.16550/page-14#post-374032)
picsart_10-27-09-33-30-jpg.jpg

23. Check fenders on both sides of Jeep to make sure they match. Rubicons have higher flatter rear fenders.
screenshot_20191110-142243-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon JT did not come with the Rubber Trailer Hitch Plug #7.(my JLUR with towing did) and I believe the splices material #8, only comes with those JTs that order the Extra Aux Switch Options......

Last edited by a moderator:

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Do carpet mats not come if you order the all weather mats? That seems like horse shit.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Hey all, post up if you have taken delivery (especially of a sport S). I think this list is important, especially since so many of us are dealing out of state to get best pricing. I'd like to ask my dealer to put specific items in writing before i order this week, so i have a leg to stand on if something is missing in a couple months when i take delivery.

Do we all get things like two functional key fobs? (I.e. both can start the vehicle?) Tool kits for spare tire, as well as hard top removal etc etc? Anyone have their dealer put a loaner provided in writing if you have to bring yours in for warranty work? When placing the order, and you get to signatures and are haply with your list, and price, is it possible for the price to increase on your order while it is being built? What kind of mileage should be on the odometer when you take delivery? Thanks for any input. Every bit helps. I'm so used to surprises in the used car world I'm nervous as h*ll to drop this kind of money if the slightest thing doesn't match up to what i have in my head. Oh and do all hard tops come with manual sliding rear window? Ahhhh so much to consider. Haha

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do carpet mats not come if you order the all weather mats? That seems like horse shit.
I agree, and not sure, but if it helps i placed my order yesterday and was told the sport s doesnt come with ANY floor mats unless you order the cold weather package. 40+ grand and they can't include a $40 set of floor mats. Sometimes i really wonder why i support this bullsh*t. Haha

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I agree, and not sure, but if it helps i placed my order yesterday and was told the sport s doesnt come with ANY floor mats unless you order the cold weather package. 40+ grand and they can't include a $40 set of floor mats. Sometimes i really wonder why i support this bullsh*t. Haha
They sound misinformed. That didn’t sound right. Sounds like they were trying to up sell you.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe someone with a sport could confirm they do cime standard with carpet style floor mats? It did sound kind of ridiculous....maybe he thought i meant all weather style mats. I'll call back monday to confirm.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
18. Plywood notch is in proper working order (keeps plywood from sliding left and right while turning)
Critical piece of equipment...
Refuse delivery if missing!

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I know about the slot to put a 2x6 to support plywood on top of the wheel hubs with the tail in 45° position, but what is this notch and how does it function?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
I know about the slot to put a 2x6 to support plywood on top of the wheel hubs with the tail in 45° position, but what is this notch and how does it function?
You'll have to ask @Jake and @steffen707 ...

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Pair the Bluetooth speaker, if equipped, with a phone to know if it is defective or not.

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pair the Bluetooth speaker, if equipped, with a phone to know if it is defective or not.
Added as #19. I'm not sure a dealer would have a spare to trade out when you're there ready to buy. You would probably have to submit the issue as a warranty claim after purchasing the vehicle. Doesn't hurt to check though.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
That red cicrle is where the fuel door protrudes into the bed

@02:00 This video shows the 2x4 notch on the wheel hubs
Sponsored

Last edited: