Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I like the order.
Cold weather group includes remote start which will benefit you more than the steering wheel heater BUT the first time you hop in wet from the beach or get drenched, you might really appreciate it and there’s no easy or cheap way to add either one in the aftermarket.

I’d go for the Colorado bed cover and keep the carpet mats till another Amazon or whatever brand special pops up (black friday)

There is a far better android based radio available for $750 plus install vs the $1500 8.4” package.

Only option I’d consider in your shoes is the blind spot package because you’ll get much better tailights and cross path detection. Backing out of a parking spot is treacherous with that much booty behind you and the parking sensors work really well.

Every vehicle I’ve ever ordered also got the block heater for more eyes on it at time of resale.
Sponsored

Musser717

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Overland, c300 DD
Also for my build...

MSRP is $50,930 and my final price (including a $599 doc fee, the destination, blah blah) is $45,958. Comes out to 6% below invoice or about 5% if you include the dealer fee.
That’s pretty good....what part of Florida are you in?

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
The only thing missing that is a must have for me is LED lighting group. I heard the lights were beyond better than non LEDs. I also added all the safety group on mine just so that its there. I never had these new safety features so curious what it's all about and I can turn it off if I want to. Additionally, 8.4 radio with upgraded stereo so the wires are neat from the factory. Lastly cargo rail trail management only for the outlet in the bed of the truck. I probably not going to use the outlet often, but even if I had to use it once it'll be worth it to me.
As much as I like the LED lights (specifically the tail lights), I can't justify the $1k. I figure I can retrofit the tail lights at a later date and figure out running lights and headlights through the aftermarket.

I drove one with the safety stuff and I couldn't handle how much it was beeping at me.

I like the cargo trail management system, but just for the under-seat storage. I honestly thought it was going to be a standard option for the Rubicon and was disappointed to see it part of a package instead of a standalone at minimum. I'm sure I can add that after the fact pretty easily, too. The electric socket is a fantastic idea, but failed in practice with the low wattage rating unfortunately. The standard JTs come with the opening, so I figure I can add in my own with higher power later on pretty easily.

The 8.4 radio is the big one I've been on the fence about. Aesthetically it fits the dash better for sure and it comes with the upgraded speakers. However, I'm not sold on it being worth $1.6k. Super glad the standard 7.0 comes with Apple CarPlay - this solidifies the decision for me.

Also, thanks again for sending me to your dealer! Been mega easy so far.

Being in Fla I’d Dump the cold weather pkg, add LED, and bed liner...if you have the funds.... the 8.4” stereo....have fun
The remote start is a non-negotiable for us being in Florida. We just treat that as the "hot weather package." Given that I can get heated steering wheel and seats for just a few hundred more than the remote start as a standalone, I think it's worth it as the remote start is included. We're buying this as a "forever vehicle" and we also know that we won't be living in Florida forever. We'll need the heated goodies one day!

I am in Florida and one of my top items is cold weather group. I mean seriously, how do you expect me to deal with the top down and 50 degree weather those 3 days a year.
:LOL:
I just read that out to my wife and she couldn't stop laughing. We've become hot blooded for sure. Wake up on some mornings to 70 something degrees and have to find our windbreaker!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I just read that out to my wife and she couldn't stop laughing. We've become hot blooded for sure. Wake up on some mornings to 70 something degrees and have to find our windbreaker!
I have heated seats and steering wheel in my Power Wagon and working odd hours sometimes I usually use those several times a year. It can be hovering around freezing in central Florida in the early morning and with the humidity it feels really cold. And I work all over the country and spend time in Alaska so I'm not just being a Florida weenie.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I like the order.
Cold weather group includes remote start which will benefit you more than the steering wheel heater BUT the first time you hop in wet from the beach or get drenched, you might really appreciate it and there’s no easy or cheap way to add either one in the aftermarket.

I’d go for the Colorado bed cover and keep the carpet mats till another Amazon or whatever brand special pops up (black friday)

There is a far better android based radio available for $750 plus install vs the $1500 8.4” package.

Only option I’d consider in your shoes is the blind spot package because you’ll get much better tailights and cross path detection. Backing out of a parking spot is treacherous with that much booty behind you and the parking sensors work really well.

Every vehicle I’ve ever ordered also got the block heater for more eyes on it at time of resale.
Thanks! I've owned who knows how many Jeeps over the years with two currently in the garage today. I've come to find that the simpler ones are often the better ones. But I'm also the bozo that will buy the BMW M3 that still has manual cloth seats, no navigation, no sunroof... I'm a purist?

I honestly can't remember on the one OEM roll up bed cover I've seen if it was Velcro or not. It looks like the Colorado one is?

I figure for the mats, they're only a couple bucks more than I can buy them separately right now. I do think it's weird that I don't get the carpet ones in addition to if I spec with the rubbers, but I honestly doubt there will ever be a time the carpets would ever be used. As you mentioned with the beach... Sand and carpet is no bueno.

I do love the LED tail lights! (as mentioned in my post above). I've been fine with the rear camera in parking lots in the past (knock on wood). My wife will be driving this quite a bit as well and we've done some extensive test drives and she feels confident. I'm hoping the lack of nannies proves to be a wise decision going forward.

That’s pretty good....what part of Florida are you in?
I'm in Tallahassee.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I have heated seats and steering wheel in my Power Wagon and working odd hours sometimes I usually use those several times a year. It can be hovering around freezing in central Florida in the early morning and with the humidity it feels really cold. And I work all over the country and spend time in Alaska so I'm not just being a Florida weenie.
One thing I do wish was an option for the JT was cooled seats. We've become spoiled with our Grand Cherokee. However, I do find myself running the heated seats just to help out with an occasional bum back.

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Also remember you need the 8.4 radio to get off road pages and guardian services. The guardian service is a big deal for me because I park too far away for normal remote start to work. Being able to start my Jeep with my phone will be great in MN winter.

Also the 8.4 adds auto dimming rear mirror if that matters to you.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Also remember you need the 8.4 radio to get off road pages and guardian services. The guardian service is a big deal for me because I park too far away for normal remote start to work. Being able to start my Jeep with my phone will be great in MN winter.

Also the 8.4 adds auto dimming rear mirror if that matters to you.
Really my big want for the 8.4 is the larger screen and upgraded speakers. It is definitely a want, I just don’t think I can justify the price.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Damn now you’ve got me thinking about this for the wife. I’m fine with just the camera and turning my neck for parking and I think she is, too. I’m kind of wanting the blind spot detection for her for driving. Plus I get the tail lights I want... Crap I placed the order yesterday and my guy isn’t back in the office until Friday.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
BD59BE30-9967-4D8C-8D6F-C887A6037336.jpeg
4146551B-8F5E-42B3-89FE-4DAE805E0EC1.jpeg
I frankly wish that someone would offer side mirrors like these with the built in blind spot mirrors for the Gladiator. I wouldn’t buy them in a heartbeat. Hey @JeepCares will Jeep do this? As you can see they have done it before. Please advise. Thanks.

Damn now you’ve got me thinking about this for the wife. I’m fine with just the camera and turning my neck for parking and I think she is, too. I’m kind of wanting the blind spot detection for her for driving. Plus I get the tail lights I want... Crap I placed the order yesterday and my guy isn’t back in the office until Friday.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

I have no idea how long you have to change the options

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
4B562409-A36E-4E48-98F6-F98C0BD948AC.jpeg
Well this may not be good for me. I am in D1 and just found out that Jeep just decided to make my silver color a late availability color. So if I have to switch colors then I might have to go back to the end of the line and start over with a new order in a different color. I hope it ain’t so.

I have no idea how long you have to change the options
Until D1 status.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
For everyone’s info I sent PM to Jeep Cares yesterday and they did not send me a reply right away. So I just this morning went on line and did the Jeep chat thing. And the lady that I chatted with said that they “should” still build my truck in silver. And while I was on line with that chat someone from Jeep Cares sent me a PM telling me the same thing, again “should” being the operative word. Had also asked my dealership yesterday to confirm this. Hopefully they will come back and tell me the same good news. Makes me a happy camper.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Ordered in the evening of 8/28 and assigned my VIN in the morning of 8/30. Let's hope she moves quick!

Dealer said that he can't change the build to accommodate for my post-haste option addition of the blind spot/park assist/LED tail light option. He did say that he would work to take this one in and get me a new one, but I didn't want to put them in a tight spot of a specialty ordered JTR being stuck on their lot.

I'm ready!
Sponsored