• Total voters

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
My 11 year old daughter wants my gladiator when she turns 16. My wife thinks it’s a great idea. I told her I don’t think I want to give it up. She said I’ll want something different by then. My first car was an 81 Honda Civic, with no AC or anything else. I didn’t have an AC or an automatic trans until my third vehicle, which was after I got married. Now my daughter’s first car could be a gladiator?! It just doesn’t feel right.

Our 13 year old decided she was getting our Lexus when she turns 16 and was disappointed when we traded it for the Gladiator. Now she wants the Gladiator.

Foolish child has a hilarious future ahead with all of these absurd scenarios she thinks up in her head. She'll be lucky to get a used Civic/Corolla and has zero chance at getting my $55k truck.
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Thankfully wife and I are duo military DINKs. 27 years young, no kids(yet), New truck.

Edit: hope I didn't jinx us, 😂😔
We had ours at 31 and 33 😂😂

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
New Jeeps are expensive. It's hard spending $50k+ on a less than practical "lifestyle" vehicle.
What's not practical about it? It holds four adults or three youth in the back. The top and doors come off. It tows respectable amount. It doesn't do everything great but it does a lot of things well.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I'm 58. Turned 56 3 days after getting mine (drove it to Boston and watched the Red Sox CRUSH the Yankees at Fenway as my Birthday present to myself). Have had Jeeps since the mid 90's (see sig.) but mostly all GCs. Always wanted to try a Wrangler but now with nearly 3 acres to tend to and all that entails, I wanted a pick-em-up truck. Looked at the GM offerings (never looked at Ford) and the Toy Taco. When I read that they were finally coming out with the Gladiator, I was STOKED!!! A good pick-em-up truck, Wranglerish, with decent towing capacity, the legend of Jeep behind it, it was a no brainer.

Like a lot of you, I had bought and driven used for many years. Only two brand new vehicles I had in the past were an '88 4Runner and a '94 Silverado 4x4 Xtra cab that I ordered...what a great feeling!!!

So, I went to my local Jeep Sheriff right after they opened up for ordering, and ordered my Gladiator Overland exactly how I wanted it. LOVE it, love the attention it gets, my wife loves it (as much as she loves her '19 GC Ltd) and it tows our travel trailer very well. Jeep got this one right, right out of the gates.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I'm not shocked at all by the numbers. I figured the average age is mid 40s.

New Jeeps are expensive. It's hard spending $50k+ on a less than practical "lifestyle" vehicle.
New anything is expensive.
What you are buying in a Gladiator is the Swiss Army knife of vehicles.
Daily driver, offroader, convertible, tow vehicle, garbage and other junk hauler, and best of all, a Jeep.
Your statement sounds like you have regrets?

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
New anything is expensive.
What you are buying in a Gladiator is the Swiss Army knife of vehicles.
Daily driver, offroader, convertible, tow vehicle, garbage and other junk hauler, and best of all, a Jeep.
Your statement sounds like you have regrets?
Not at all.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
32 here, and rather than a midlife crisis, this is the first "logical" vehicle I've purchased in a long time. I find it extremely practical. I know that might sound odd for a Gladiator. I've always bought sports cars and sport compacts, and then spent a ton of money modding them, only to trade them a year or two later. My gladiator isn't ever going to be fast, and my mods are limited to those that are warranty safe. It's a practical family vehicle that should do me well for a long while (I hope). It does well for yard work and running errands. It'll tow my old Bug. It's 4wd drive for PA snow (though my STI had AWD that was awesome too). It's also nice in that riding trails is a family activity we can all enjoy. It's a business and pleasure vehicle for me. It's perfect for every practical need, and it's enjoyable too.

I certainly couldn't do this in the VW GLI I traded in, and now I don't have to bug friends who have pickups. I'm not towing heavy loads , but it's nice to have a truck when I need one. And a convertible and off-roader too, in the same vehicle? What's not to love?
20211009_131922.jpg

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Like @NachoRuby said, it is really practical. I Originally was going to get a Bronco but we wanted to get a travel trailer so we got the Gladiator. Kept the Bronco reservation just incase. Then we decided to get a Class C RV, so we wouldn't be towing any more. My wife said I should sell the Gladiator and get the Bronco. I didn't want to because I knew it would be more useful than the Bronco. So she took my Bronco reservation and now our garage doesn't suck. I guess you could say we are both having a mid life crisis.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
32 here, and rather than a midlife crisis, this is the first "logical" vehicle I've purchased in a long time. I find it extremely practical. I know that might sound odd for a Gladiator. I've always bought sports cars and sport compacts, and then spent a ton of money modding them, only to trade them a year or two later. My gladiator isn't ever going to be fast, and my mods are limited to those that are warranty safe. It's a practical family vehicle that should do me well for a long while (I hope). It does well for yard work and running errands. It'll tow my old Bug. It's 4wd drive for PA snow (though my STI had AWD that was awesome too). It's also nice in that riding trails is a family activity we can all enjoy. It's a business and pleasure vehicle for me. It's perfect for every practical need, and it's enjoyable too.

I certainly couldn't do this in the VW GLI I traded in, and now I don't have to bug friends who have pickups. I'm not towing heavy loads , but it's nice to have a truck when I need one. And a convertible and off-roader too, in the same vehicle? What's not to love?
Jeep Gladiator JT owners age group IMG_1892
Agreed!

I've owned Jeeps since high school - this is my forth - and, at 38 I consider myself anything but "mid-life". For me the Gladiator was the perfect cross between being a Jeep (which I love) and a truck (which I needed).

I didn't think to snap a picture, but I loaded up the back of my Gladiator with 18 bags of mulch from Lowe's this past weekend. It's the little things :like:

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I'd wanted one for decades: I even tried convincing my wife in 2006 that the Unlimited Wrangler was a great family vehicle for our then seven year-old. (It didn't work.) Rented a couple 4-door Wranglers over the years on family vacations. I also was constantly beginning sentences with "When I get my Jeep...". After years of paying for various school activities, sports, other assorted debt, college tuition, etc. I found myself at a Honda dealership weighing a purchase of another Pilot. <sigh.>
My loving and very understanding wife turned to me during the test drive and said "Enough: This is too much money for this much boredom. Let's go to the Jeep dealership." We gave back the keys to the bewildered Honda salesman, headed across town to Park Jeep, started test driving a Sahara trim Wrangler, and eventually worked our way up to the Gladiator. Drove off with a new 2021 Rubi that we nicknamed "Wally the Bear" after her WWII vet grandfather. Yes it may be mid-life or empty-nest syndrome, but we are loving it. (I've also told my daughter the only way she is getting it is if she inherits it...)
Thanks for whatever that was.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Dry nice
Like @NachoRuby said, it is really practical. I Originally was going to get a Bronco but we wanted to get a travel trailer so we got the Gladiator. Kept the Bronco reservation just incase. Then we decided to get a Class C RV, so we wouldn't be towing any more. My wife said I should sell the Gladiator and get the Bronco. I didn't want to because I knew it would be more useful than the Bronco. So she took my Bronco reservation and now our garage doesn't suck. I guess you could say we are both having a mid life crisis.
Very nice garage indeed. Which one can you flat tow behind the class C?

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Dry nice
Very nice garage indeed. Which one can you flat tow behind the class C?
Both are light enough. I’m thinking the gladiator though. The gladiator is the work horse of the family. The Bronco is the show pony. Plus, lots of info out there already to flat tow a jeep. If we go short distances, my wife will follow in the Bronco.

Looking to pick up the class c in jan-feb. so still towing our travel trailer with the gladiator now. Probably get two more trips in before then.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
I've had many cars and trucks, but for some reason .... never a jeep. Finally got one at age 59. Scratch it off my vehicle bucket list.
Sponsored