JT Rough County 2.5” leveling kit

21Willy’s

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willy’s JT
I installed 35” wheels, tires and a Rough Country 2.5” leveling kit and the v2 steering stabilizers. The instructions say to check and torque the hardware after 500 miles and check and torque as needed after every 1000 miles. my question is, is this common on all leveling/lift kits? To be honest I really don’t want to do this all the time.
Sponsored

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I wouldn't keep checking after the first 500 miles. Unless you start hearing knocking of some sort. How's that v2 steering stabilizer. Did it make any noticeable difference? Also, wouldn't that kit put you nose high? I installed the 2" aev spacer lift and i was experimenting with just installing the front and the 2" spacer made it a tad high in the front before i installed the rear 2" spacer.

OP
OP
21Willy’s

21Willy’s

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willy’s JT
Thank you for your reply. I’ve torqued it twice now after 1500 miles hopefully that will be the last time needed. Yes the nose is slightly up but I don’t like the factory rear end high set up. I‘m thinking about adding a 3/4” to 1” spacer to the rear since I tow my boat with it. The v2 steering kit made a real improvement with the steering, much more stable now.
When you installed the 2” lift on the rear did it make the rear higher than the front?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for your reply. I’ve torqued it twice now after 1500 miles hopefully that will be the last time needed. Yes the nose is slightly up but I don’t like the factory rear end high set up. I‘m thinking about adding a 3/4” to 1” spacer to the rear since I tow my boat with it. The v2 steering kit made a real improvement with the steering, much more stable now.
When you installed the 2” lift on the rear did it make the rear higher than the front?
I would heavily consider installing something bigger than 1” in the rear. Here’s mine with the RC 2.5” spring kit and a 3/4” daystar puck in the back. Icon makes a 1-3/8” rear spacer which is what I have in the mail.

D18FE01D-7A9F-4FEE-A749-76AC008F4DB3.jpeg

chadinsc

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku rubicon
Occupation
manufacturing
i have done a good many lifts and many for other peoples vehicles that i may not be able to check later. i always put alittle blue lock tite on the nuts and bolts. blue is not permanent like red. its definitely a good idea to double check everything though occasionally, i did forget to bolt a rear track bar one time. she was driving wild and constantly throwing on stability control.

Sponsored

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I still have the same rake as before. Just 2 inches higher. I wanted to retain the rake. I really don't tow or haul much to warrant retaining the rake but I wanted the AEV kit as it had all the necessary components for tbe front and rear.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
When you check it at 500 miles, grab a paint pen (sharpie makes a yellow one filled with oil based paint) and put a dot on the bolt heads and another on the frame right next to it. Whenever you change your oil or get under the Jeep just do a visual and make sure all the yellow dots are still lined up.

OP
OP
21Willy’s

21Willy’s

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willy’s JT
i have done a good many lifts and many for other peoples vehicles that i may not be able to check later. i always put alittle blue lock tite on the nuts and bolts. blue is not permanent like red. its definitely a good idea to double check everything though occasionally, i did forget to bolt a rear track bar one time. she was driving wild and constantly throwing on stability control.
Thanks for the tip, I’ll do that next time I’m under there.

OP
OP
21Willy’s

21Willy’s

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willy’s JT
I would heavily consider installing something bigger than 1” in the rear. Here’s mine with the RC 2.5” spring kit and a 3/4” daystar puck in the back. Icon makes a 1-3/8” rear spacer which is what I have in the mail.

Jeep Gladiator JT Rough County 2.5” leveling kit D18FE01D-7A9F-4FEE-A749-76AC008F4DB3
Thank you. The picture says a lot. Please keep me posted on the 1-3/8” when you get it installed.

OP
OP
21Willy’s

21Willy’s

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willy’s JT
When you check it at 500 miles, grab a paint pen (sharpie makes a yellow one filled with oil based paint) and put a dot on the bolt heads and another on the frame right next to it. Whenever you change your oil or get under the Jeep just do a visual and make sure all the yellow dots are still lined up.
Thank you. I’ll do that the next time I’m under it.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you. The picture says a lot. Please keep me posted on the 1-3/8” when you get it installed.
I gotcha. Looks like it won’t arrive until August 18th so it’ll be sometime shortly after that to get it installed.

OP
OP
21Willy’s

21Willy’s

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willy’s JT
I still have the same rake as before. Just 2 inches higher. I wanted to retain the rake. I really don't tow or haul much to warrant retaining the rake but I wanted the AEV kit as it had all the necessary components for tbe front and rear.
Thank you Kevin, I appreciate your feedback. The AEV kit looks like it’s good quality.
Sponsored