Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
a Dealer south of Houston said you can now order the Diesel Gladiator . this came from the owner
Sponsored

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Very nice! But can't help but notice... orange, Gobi, and Gator are distinctly absent as color options...

Also of note, the diesel is specified as having a 19 gallon tank and 3.73 gearing.

Important info from the docs as follows: cleaned it up a a little.

EXJ 3.0L V6 TURBO DIESEL ENGINE W/ESS G3 E E E
• 19 GALLON FUEL TANK (NF1)
• 245/75R17 BSW A/T DUELER TIRES (TTH) - W/O 2TK OR 2TW
• 3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (DME)
• ABS 4-WHEEL HD DISC BRAKES W/FRT FNC (BR1)
• ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
• 245/75R17 BSW A/T DUELER TIRES (TTH) - W/WAA
• AUX BATTERY (BC1)
• CHROME ECODIESEL BADGE (MW2)
• GRAY ECODIESEL BADGE (MZR)
• GVW RATING - 6350# (Z1C)
• GVW RATING - 6450# (Z1D)
• NON-LOCK FUEL CAP W/ DISCRIMINATOR (XJ4)
• SELECTIVE CATALYTIC REDUCTION (UREA) (XAL)
• STOP-START DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM (XHZ)
• AUX BATTERY (BC1)
• SUPPLEMENTAL HEATER (HDB)

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When you get the Diesel you get a different 8 speed Auto i think the heavy duty one from the Hemi

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Yes that accurate. I’m waiting for clarification on a couple options then I’m finally punching my diesel ticket

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that accurate. I’m waiting for clarification on a couple options then I’m finally punching my diesel ticket
Congrats it’s gonna be killer

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you get the Diesel you get a different 8 speed Auto i think the heavy duty one from the Hemi
That's correct, it's still a $2k addition (engine is $4k). So in total the diesel option costs an extra $6k total (as opposed to v6 manual), just like the Wrangler. It was specified on the sheet closer to the top as it was available for all trims.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’ve driven a diesel jl on 37s with stock gearing and it had plenty of power still. As far as tank size, that’s because the DEF tank goes beside the fuel. Judging by the fact that very same JL got 28 mpg from Yuma to Tuscon and back I’d say the range difference is substantially better vs the gasser

Very nice! But can't help but notice... orange, Gobi, and Gator are distinctly absent as color options...

Also of note, the diesel is specified as having a 19 gallon tank and 3.73 gearing.

Important info from the docs as follows: cleaned it up a a little.

EXJ 3.0L V6 TURBO DIESEL ENGINE W/ESS G3 E E E
• 19 GALLON FUEL TANK (NF1)
• 245/75R17 BSW A/T DUELER TIRES (TTH) - W/O 2TK OR 2TW
• 3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (DME)
• ABS 4-WHEEL HD DISC BRAKES W/FRT FNC (BR1)
• ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
• 245/75R17 BSW A/T DUELER TIRES (TTH) - W/WAA
• AUX BATTERY (BC1)
• CHROME ECODIESEL BADGE (MW2)
• GRAY ECODIESEL BADGE (MZR)
• GVW RATING - 6350# (Z1C)
• GVW RATING - 6450# (Z1D)
• NON-LOCK FUEL CAP W/ DISCRIMINATOR (XJ4)
• SELECTIVE CATALYTIC REDUCTION (UREA) (XAL)
• STOP-START DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM (XHZ)
• AUX BATTERY (BC1)
• SUPPLEMENTAL HEATER (HDB)

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve driven a diesel jl on 37s with stock gearing and it had plenty of power still. As far as tank size, that’s because the DEF tank goes beside the fuel. Judging by the fact that very same JL got 28 mpg from Yuma to Tuscon and back I’d say the range difference is substantially better vs the gasser
These aren't things I mind, just things I've noted that other members may care about. I know people talk in here about gearing up when moving to 37+ so just letting them know where it stands from factory. Also, I've seen questions with people wondering as to the tank size, hence why put it up there as well for others to see quickly.

The only thing that bothers me was the lack of color choices. I think someone said the DEF was like $50 every 3k mi or something? The mileage should in theory make up for the missing 3 gallons, I think Jeep said they were aiming for a 500mi range with the diesels. My JT is already registering around 425+ and climbing. I'm interested in the diesel and may drive 1 when they are common on the lots. I leased my truck for a reason ;)

Sponsored

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Colors aside, I’m excited for the chance to test drive my first diesel in a couple months when they hopefully start hitting dealers.

I’ll be debating between the diesel or gas with the selec-trac for my build in the meantime. Most likely a sport s with Max tow.
I could be convinced into a Mojave if I *Really* liked the drive and had to have the interior but it’s pretty unlikely. That’s a lot of money for mostly cosmetics.

30 miles one way for work 5x a week. And a 100 mile one way every 2-4 months to see my parents.
Ohio weather is my main consideration, so everything from dry to frozen is being thought of. Very little off roading.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colors aside, I’m excited for the chance to test drive my first diesel in a couple months when they hopefully start hitting dealers.

I’ll be debating between the diesel or gas with the selec-trac for my build in the meantime. Most likely a sport s with Max tow.
I could be convinced into a Mojave if I *Really* liked the drive and had to have the interior but it’s pretty unlikely. That’s a lot of money for mostly cosmetics.

30 miles one way for work 5x a week. And a 100 mile one way every 2-4 months to see my parents.
Ohio weather is my main consideration, so everything from dry to frozen is being thought of. Very little off roading.
Don't forget the Mojave also has beefed up body parts :D

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No diesel in the Mojave
You are correct, that was my mistake. I just went to look at it an sure enough, only model without it I believe. At least as far as I was able to see.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I've noticed recently diesel is priced just below regular gasoline. That makes the diesel a little more appealing, but no telling how long that will last. Last year I thought hard about waiting for a diesel, but when I considered the extra cost, the lower tow rating and the additional cost of diesel, I thought, "Meh...".
Sponsored