Sponsored

Just looked my truck up on the mopar site...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Funny - mine says “Sorry, your towing and payload information is not available. Please check your owner's manual for towing and payload details.”
I have the 6sp MT...
Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
AMEN! (if we can say that here and avoid religion)

I wonder if @JeepCares has contacts where they can ask what's up with the numbers on the MOPAR.com site when we sign in for our specific Jeep and account.
See if they can determine why our DOOR JAMB sticker is often different than what the web site says, and further, for me especially =
Why does the book and all other documents state that I am limited to 6,000 towing and yet when I log in, my vehicle VIN and all - it says on the WEB SITE that I can tow 6400 pounds!
That's a 400 pound increase!
Maybe they can clarify or get CORPORATE or engineers to tell us once and for all
What rules?
The owner manual that says 6,000 pounds?
The marketing brochures that say 6,000 pounds towing?
The purchase papers that say an Overland can tow 6,000 pounds?
Or the Mopar dot com site that says I can tow 6400 pounds?
Why the difference?
Why is the web site telling me I can tow more than ANYTHING ELSE at all anywhere.
If I go ask my dealer, they'll say 6,000 pounds - so why does Mopar NOW say 6400 after telling me for months 6,000 pounds?
Why are people seeing different numbers than the book or door frame sticker?
Jeep Gladiator Just looked my truck up on the mopar site... 1601411785563

I'm not sure what to believe either...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is yours factory equipped with a Towing package?
You beat me to it. Isn't the standard towing package 6,000 pounds, Sport S without max tow and with no factory towing package it would be less as it would have the 180 amp alternator (that weight may also be based on a bumper hitch)

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Mine isn't too far off (7378 vs 7000). The Payload matches my door sticker.

Mopar Gladiator tow.JPG

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Anyone with MT show any payload or tow capacity on the Mopar site?

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Screenshot ISH of my beast. Gobi tows more because of the lighter paint I think.

Towing.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Screenshot ISH of my beast. Gobi tows more because of the lighter paint I think.

Jeep Gladiator Just looked my truck up on the mopar site... Towin
HAHAHA - nice try.
But that payload - that's untouched and it's crazy. That's close to my Chevy's number. No way an Overland would have a payload like that. Even though you sort of modified the tow number, that payload is crazy and shows how crazy that site can be.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
HAHAHA - nice try.
But that payload - that's untouched and it's crazy. That's close to my Chevy's number. No way an Overland would have a payload like that. Even though you sort of modified the tow number, that payload is crazy and shows how crazy that site can be.
I have bigger tires than stock though. 33's

Sponsored

timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
I've been unsuccessful in adding my VIN to my garage on the Mopar website. I received my VIN in late July, but the JT has not been built as of yet. Does anyone know when the site allows to add a new VIN for a new vehicle when it's been special ordered? I'm interested to see the payload based upon my options. Thanks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've been unsuccessful in adding my VIN to my garage on the Mopar website. I received my VIN in late July, but the JT has not been built as of yet. Does anyone know when the site allows to add a new VIN for a new vehicle when it's been special ordered? I'm interested to see the payload based upon my options. Thanks.
Don't rely on that silly site's numbers. Some are fairly close, others are waaay off.
The door sticker number is GOD as far as payload anyway so if your door sticker says a payload of 1200 and the web site says 1400 - trust that door sticker, that's what authorities and insurance companies and the warranty will go by.
Normally the site isn't too far different from the door sticker for payload, but then some have seen pretty weird numbers.
The site can't really show you anything until it's built and exists. Yes, a VIN has been assigned but the actual final build will have the real numbers. The VIN doesn't necessarily show everything. I found that out when arguing with an insurance company over my father's truck when it was totaled and he was killed. They had the bloody vin and still left equipment out because the VIN didn't include some options it came with. Weird, I know, but that's how it happened.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Don't rely on that silly site's numbers. Some are fairly close, others are waaay off.
The door sticker number is GOD as far as payload anyway so if your door sticker says a payload of 1200 and the web site says 1400 - trust that door sticker, that's what authorities and insurance companies and the warranty will go by.
Normally the site isn't too far different from the door sticker for payload, but then some have seen pretty weird numbers.
The site can't really show you anything until it's built and exists. Yes, a VIN has been assigned but the actual final build will have the real numbers. The VIN doesn't necessarily show everything. I found that out when arguing with an insurance company over my father's truck when it was totaled and he was killed. They had the bloody vin and still left equipment out because the VIN didn't include some options it came with. Weird, I know, but that's how it happened.
Not an argument, but you appear to be the one following all these website threads the most, thanks. (I don’t have the time).
my question is are people posting their screen grab and door jamb sticker to compare the payload amounts?
mine is spot on, but I don’t know how others are doing.
the towing capacity seems to be the only place Jeep is posting that information and it’s VIN specific so who’s to say it’s not accurate, unless Jeep does? -1 amounts would just mean somebody used a letter or symbol in the calculation somewhere and the computer doesn’t understand the data.
again, not picking on you, just my ruminations.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
If anyone is seeing information that looks incorrect, please send our team a VIN. We would like to look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is seeing information that looks incorrect, please send our team a VIN. We would like to look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I just have a general question at this point. Is it possible that the towing capacity for our individual Gladiators could be more than or less than what is shown in the owners manual? For example, my owners manual says a Sport S with towing can tow 6,000 lbs. Mopar says my specific Gladiator can tow 6,485 lbs. That's 485 lbs more than the owners manual says. Is the owners manual using general numbers for the trim levels, while the Mopar site is giving numbers specific to the individual truck as purchased?
Sponsored