First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Database Administrator
There are quite a few nice key fob replacements here and I almost pulled the trigger on one. I ended up just taking the key part out of the fob to resolve the most annoying part of the key fob, when it unlocks in your pocket and stabs you in the leg. The key fob is still larger than it needs to be so if that is a problem you want to fix, you will want to go with one of the after market key fob replacements.

If you want to do it yourself, just follow the AJT instructions (yes, that is what I was going to buy) and stop when you've removed the key and re-assemble the key fob. I put the key on my key ring in case I ever want it. It was a no-cost and easy mod.

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod KeyFob1
Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod KeyFob2
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I get it because it’s annoying. But I went with the AJT because it stores the key.

OP
OP

Derby

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Database Administrator
I get it because it’s annoying. But I went with the AJT because it stores the key.
I liked their design the best. The key is available if you ever need it, but stored where it takes up the least amount of space.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
... or jam a small piece of rubber between the tip if the key and the plastic case.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I liked their design the best. The key is available if you ever need it, but stored where it takes up the least amount of space.
You also have this option as well..

FOB With Key Slider

I was running my FOB like the OP was but once I saw the work the threedom guys put into their fobs I went in on there beta FOB testing and now have a quality product that has held up for a year and a half.

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod 20211102_080554

Threedom

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator & Wrangler JLU
@Terminus33 The M is looking great! That is one of my favorite colors, the subtleness of the color pattern is very understated.

I thought it might be helpful to see all the aftermarket options side by side. I started using the AJT fob before I embarked on the fob redesign initiative. I found that none of the options suited me, which led me to the Mini and then the rest of the versions.

Everyone has different tastes and that is what choice is all about!

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod 2021-11-02 16.52.47

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod 2021-11-02 16.56.38-1

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
I’ve got the top right one. Mini I think. It works great and it’s way better than stock.

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I just put my Threedom fob together and I am really happy with it.

For my other fob I may try the version with the slider key, but not sure. I am leaning towards one of the even smaller ones with another external key..

I wasn't having issues with the key popping out, but the overall size annoyed me, especially coming from a Ram. I wish FCA would have stuck with that fob, but oh well...
Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod 20211101_200308

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
This is the largest FOB I've ever had, but really not a problem. A simple cover eliminated the issue with the key opening in my pocket.

2pcs Compatible with 2020 2019 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator JT Flip 4 Buttons Black Silicone Case Cover Protector Keyless Remote Holder for JLU Sport S Sahara Rubicon Moab Overland 68292944AA https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TCKH...abc_SK4QRTQ5QVPJ0ZGWJJTT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my Threedom fob together and I am really happy with it.

For my other fob I may try the version with the slider key, but not sure. I am leaning towards one of the even smaller ones with another external key..

I wasn't having issues with the key popping out, but the overall size annoyed me, especially coming from a Ram. I wish FCA would have stuck with that fob, but oh well...
Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Mod 20211101_200308
Anyone know where we could get just the slider head part over the key?