First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I must have said out loud a dozen times "It's a winch plate" like he would hear me. He's a decent guy though, or at least seems so on camera. Maybe he's never seen one/had no frame of reference. We all have to learn somehow. It's still decent content to see the product and soon hopefully the install.
Sponsored

BigDaddy1412

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Architect
I had a hard time finding a place I liked to mount the winch solenoid. This is what I came up with. I had a scrap piece of flat stock that I used to make the mount. I used a ton of silicon on the box. Hopefully it will be waterproof.
Jeep Gladiator Knock off Rubicon metal bumper? Solenoid1

Jeep Gladiator Knock off Rubicon metal bumper? solenoid2

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
If that guy isnt smart enough to figure out what the winch plate is I am not sure I would put a whole lot of faith in his opinion. During the unboxing he pointed to it multiple times and acted clueless as to its purpose. The hole pattern on the large flat surface for the winch to bolt to is clear as day.
ive watched a few of his videos and there is a lot of cluelessness and misinformation in a lot of them. The guy thinks of stuff to posts videos of daily. I feel it’s in hopes of making money more than knowing what he is speaking about.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah I recognized this guy from a video where he was "discovering" features on the JT. Nice is good, ignorant isn't. He has a Tacoma TRD Off Road and claimed it felt slower than his Gladiator because it weighs 600 lbs more. Yeah......NO.

NO time for ignorant.

ive watched a few of his videos and there is a lot of cluelessness and misinformation in a lot of them. The guy thinks of stuff to posts videos of daily. I feel it’s in hopes of making money more than knowing what he is speaking about.

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I just installed one of these bumpers last weekend. I swapped out the tow hooks because the ones included with the bumper would chip at the slightest thing and didn't look as finished as the originals. I also opted to use the included brackets to install my factory LED fog lights. The ones included with the bumper look nice though. The light mount also got repainted because I wasn't thrilled with how it looked. I used body shims between the back of the winch plate and the frame mount to push everything out as my winch was really tight to the grill (about 1/16th clearance). The Rubicon skid plate also benefited from the spacing. I did trim the bottom back edge of the bumper a tiny bit to get the skid plate to tuck a little better. I also drilled new holes for the top bolts in the skid plate rather than start butchering things with the wheel-o-death. I have factory fog light bezels on order if Quadratec will ever ship them.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's a BIG improvement over the factory plastic bumper.
Jeep Gladiator Knock off Rubicon metal bumper? solenoid2
That looks great—I want one! A couple of questions. What is the back side like? Is it open or is it capped somehow? Also wondering about the skid plate. I have a sport S—wondering if I would be able to use my plastic skid plate or would I need the steel Rubicon version? Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

Thailer

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I personally like the look of the Jeep stock bumpers (especially the steel Rubicon bumper) but IF I were to go after-market, the Arcus bumper is something I would look at. Some members have their bumpers and like them and they do look good.
I can attest to the Arcus. Really wanted a Mopar Steel bumper but I'm no sucker. You're paying for $1000 of design and branding. $500 of steel. Ended up just going with the arcus and I'm really happy with it. Great form and function. Comes with a winch plate and fog light mounts. Shelled out an extra $250 for the bull bar, a factor 55 fairlead, and synthetic line.. still under budget for one mopar bumper.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
That looks great—I want one! A couple of questions. What is the back side like? Is it open or is it capped somehow? Also wondering about the skid plate. I have a sport S—wondering if I would be able to use my plastic skid plate or would I need the steel Rubicon version? Thanks for your help!
If it’s plastic it isn’t a skid plate.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s plastic it isn’t a skid plate.
Right - it's more of an air dam (as opposed to air, damn)
The plastic is intended to prevent the wind hitting the underside and causing drag. You should see the undersides of Ford Fusions and similar cars - it's like those old plastic toys or models, a nearly smooth underside and you have to remove plastic panels to change the oil! (or maybe you HAVE seen the undersides of those?!)

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
Anyone have any first hand knowledge of the Rubicon knock off metal bumpers? I see them on eBay for around $400. They look good in the pictures. Thanks.
Got a link to said bumper?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I got a factory skidplate from eBay to match the knockoff steel bumper, less than $150 with tax and shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18-20-JEEP...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Sponsored

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
“Here's my take - if it was, trust me, Jeep/Chrysler/FCA would be sending cease and desist letters already. If there was any legal issue they could pursue, they would.”

I think you’re wrong because here’s the problem with that: China doesn’t give a fuck. FCA really can’t do a damn thing to Chinese companies. They can mess with your friends, but they can’t do anything to China. China unabashedly steals designs from around the world, all of the time, and no one can do a damn thing about it.

Super frustrating. Bastards.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if this comes with the necessary brackets for the steel skid plate.
No, it won't if it's factory.

I noted they say it's not compatible with the JT -

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
“Here's my take - if it was, trust me, Jeep/Chrysler/FCA would be sending cease and desist letters already. If there was any legal issue they could pursue, they would.”

I think you’re wrong because here’s the problem with that: China doesn’t give a fuck. FCA really can’t do a damn thing to Chinese companies. They can mess with your friends, but they can’t do anything to China. China unabashedly steals designs from around the world, all of the time, and no one can do a damn thing about it.

Super frustrating. Bastards.
I'm talking about the SELLERS, not "China". The sellers are usa based. And eBay would pull the ads if FCA told them to - I haveseen that happen at least twice before with people I know personally and yes, connected to FCA.

If FCA wanted, they could block sales through eBay.
Sponsored