Sponsored

Last Jeep Wave oil change... Thankfully!

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Mine 2021 only went to the dealer once for the Def update since new. My engine bay is bone dry. It's probably saved me some stress and anger.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I was a lube jockey and later a tech half a lifetime ago. Half the mechanics in the building barely knew more about cars than what the mnfr tells them (parts changers), and more than half the lube jockeys couldn't even get promoted to bottom barrel tech.

One of the things I really liked about my old K900 was KIA wouldn't let a technician touch them for any reason unless they were K900 trained and certified and only master/senior techs could apply for the training.

With Jeep, I'm pretty sure the only qualification needed for lube tech at most dealerships is "shows up and isn't demonstrably on drugs"
Years ago. The one company I worked for opened up a new shop in East Chicago. I got volunteered to go and help them out to get started. Half the people who applied for jobs were either on drugs or couldn't read and write. We interviewed a shit load of people.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Love my dealership. They have went above and beyond for me even when I had a buy back a few years ago, they handled it and heavily marked down the vehicle we bought to replace it. They have done all the oil changes on all 7 of our BMWs and on my JT so far and they did the first 6 on my JKU until it got out of warranty and I started doing them my self. They sold me the 6 oil changes for $300 when I bought mine so I got 10 oil changes from the start counting the 4 jeep wave changes. When these get done I'll probably purchase the oil change package again, I mean for $60 roughly a oil change, even doing it myself I'd only save maybe $18 or $20. My times worth more than that. Plus they have been doing service work and oil changes on my vehicles for almost 20yrs, never a issue. I'll let them do it.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Every time i go in for service, something happens.

One time it was they rotated the tires and they then made a crap load of noise, so i had to switch them around so they were not swapping sides/rotation direction. Other time the next morning there were a bunch of oil stains on my garage floor from oil spill in the engine bay...

This time they hit the front bumper. I saw it when i walked out side. Went in, they saw it, said sorry, ordered a new wing tip.... bahhh

[For both the E46 M3 i had, also included free oil changes. I was friends with the tech (who was a great tech as it was, worked on race cars, etc).... I would drive to the dealership, check in for the oil change, the tech would drive the car around the back, pop the trunk put the oil bottles and oil fitler in the trunk and drive it back around the front where I was waiting. As far as BMW was concerned the dealer did the oil change, dealer got paid and I did it at home. Back then the oil in the E46 M3/S54 engine was the second most expensive bottle of oil on the market, second only to the Ferrari Enzo!]

Cant wait to go back for the Diesel fuel pump recall (which I love going on road trips and into the back country knowing my fuel pump is basically a ticking time bomb)....

IMG_6022.jpeg
They’re morons. I didn’t take them up on a single one. I’d need to be dragged kicking and screaming to let a dealer have the keys.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Had my share of fun with the "free" oil changes. I've lost a hood, engine, free documentation of an oil change. Not to mention all of that lost time of hours waiting for it. I think the worst oil change was the one that was documented. Something made me want to look at the dashcam card. When I got home, I popped the card in the PC. I saw it pull in the oil change bay, but never saw the hood open. When I got back to the dealer, the service manager defended the tech but just for a minute. That was until I put the disc I have made for them on the counter. I let them change the oil and then I was done with them.

My last 3 cars never saw a free oil change including the Gladiator.
Sponsored