First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, past- USAF vehicle mechanic
Ditch it and get a Chevy 3.0L diesel. If one more thing happens to mine I'm trading it on one and buying LJ to wheel and a tilt trailer
Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
SORRY TO HEAR THAT
I have had the same issue as others warranty replaced items so far
driver side front turn signal assembly -full of water
front brakes and rotors
main entertainment radio
steering box
Now they are trying to figure out the circular squeak from rear .
DEALERS BEEN GREAT it is a hassle taking it back but its what I wanted WONT GIVE UP YET

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
For that kind of mileage/commute, I would suggest looking into a simple honda civic/accord.
It’s the diesel, if I wanted to drive. A soup can I wouldn’t have spent the money on this.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Eject, eject, eject - it won't improve with age - get out while you can.

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
Maybe you can start us a new "Last Jeep I'll ever own" thread. LOL
I really truly love this truck I want to keep
It. But there comes a time when you can no longer deal with the constant headaches and you cut your losses.

I had a VW corrado that I was head over heels in love with and after rebuilding the motor twice and replacing the oil pump and pan 4 times I sold it. Best decision o ever made

Sponsored

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
For reliability Toyota tacoma...
With your commute maybe an electric truck, rivian, or f150 lighting...

But I'd bail on this while the bailing is good, and I love my jeep

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Don't get me started on diesel I am a maintenance director for a major trucking company.MAXFORCE ENGINES JUNK we just collected from a class action law suit.
The miles you travel daily you need something with good mpg.
In the late eighties I traveled hundred mile one way to work.
I drove a 1989 JEEP COMMANCHE PICK UP 4.0.The best jeep I ever had ,300,000 miles when I got rid of it. Never was in for repairs. I LOVE THIS RIDE
GOOD LUCK which ever route you take.

KIMG01381.jpg

Jakeyou

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I think this current trip to the dealer may be the last. I absolutely love my truck but it’s been at the dealer every other week for some issue that prevents me from driving it. I had a wiring harness issue that made the entire ESS system fail stranding me out of state on three separate occasions and it was in the shop for a month. Then I had a violent shudder at highway speed whenever I hit a bump in cold weather. After having the death wobble fixed by buying a mopar lift and having the dealer install it(because I didn’t want to wait the 25 days lead time for the leaking shocks they discovered while replacing the steering damper) it now idles at 1500 rpms and the transmission was overheating at 287°. I bought a new vehicle for reliability because I have a 75 mile commute each way and it’s been anything but.

Talk me out of trading it in

View attachment 205997
Jeeps get upset when the have to drive around with those kind of wheels and tires 😉

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I think this current trip to the dealer may be the last. I absolutely love my truck but it’s been at the dealer every other week for some issue that prevents me from driving it. I had a wiring harness issue that made the entire ESS system fail stranding me out of state on three separate occasions and it was in the shop for a month. Then I had a violent shudder at highway speed whenever I hit a bump in cold weather. After having the death wobble fixed by buying a mopar lift and having the dealer install it(because I didn’t want to wait the 25 days lead time for the leaking shocks they discovered while replacing the steering damper) it now idles at 1500 rpms and the transmission was overheating at 287°. I bought a new vehicle for reliability because I have a 75 mile commute each way and it’s been anything but.

View attachment 205997
Dump it if its causing all those problems. I had a Ford I purchased that had nothing but problems due to the transmission. They new it was bad and didn't do anything about it. Thing was always in the shop. Lemon Law was a major pain to try and work through in reality. Ended up getting rid of it and picking up another vehicle. After 2 fords with bad tranny's they are off the no purchase list for me. Hope you find something that works for you. I love my JT and have no issues with it cause I really wouldn't want to get rid of it.

Sponsored

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Based on the wheels, I’m assuming it’s a late 2021 sport s. Mine is also at the dealership after engine issues started after only 30 miles. I’m wondering if the fact they had to switch supplies for a bunch of parts probably introduced a lot of unknowns. I hope this is not the case. I just want to use this truck.

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad on the Gladiator. I just hit 10k and have a 3.6 in mine for over a year. no problems thus far sounds like you got a bad egg. I’d trade it. For the 75 commute what about that new Maverick? Good mileage and you can get and fx4 version. Though you could shoot the dice again. A lot of people have a reliable vehicle.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
For that kind of mileage/commute, I would suggest looking into a simple honda civic/accord.
For that kind of mileage/commute I would suggest looking for a new job! I wouldn’t do that drive for six figures. Especially in SoCal traffic.
Matter of fact I don’t even care for my seven mile commute, which is why January 31st will be my last time to do it ever.
Really looking forward to Tuscadero becoming available so I can get my Gladiator and be done with it. Lots of trips planned for whenever the Gladiator arrives.

Good luck with finding a solution to your issue OP.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
If you've got a bad taste in your mouth on the whole thing, then it's understandable why you'd want to bail and get a totally different vehicle. The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence, though. One thing I think we all seem to agree on though, is you've got a lemon and it's time to trade while values are high.

The vast majority of these trucks are reliable and give excellent service, though it may appear otherwise in the forum. That's just a natural function of forums - giving those with problems a place to vent and ask for help. Go to a Toyota or Ford forum and I'd bet you'll find problems there as well. If you love your truck other than the issues you're having then it's likely that trading for a new one would be a viable solution. You'd have no more chance of getting another lemon than you would have with any other make or model.

I once bought a new 2010 Toyota Sienna for the family because of reliability - everybody said "get a Toyota because they're SO reliable!", and that thing was in the shop over and over for something. Everything broke. The transmission even had to be replaced at 20,000 miles. I got a real education with that piece of junk. Most of us who have no issues don't post, or even join forums at all because we're just happy with our Jeeps.

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

View attachment 205997
Getting ready to fly to a different state to buy a new 21 gladiator and getting a lemon is my biggest fear.

Might not be a bad idea to sell and try again? Good luck
Sponsored