First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
Advertising
Hello mine took 20 days... seems to be fine now..

jeep-addiction1973

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 BTS Willys JT on order
Occupation
Car Sales
Still waiting on parts. Its only been like 18 days but i have no idea how some of you guys made it 2-3 months without your gladiator. I'm losing my mind lol

Sponsored

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Still waiting on parts. Its only been like 18 days but i have no idea how some of you guys made it 2-3 months without your gladiator. I'm losing my mind lol
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to be able to drive the G while waiting for the new axle. Although it's not my daily driver, it's our only tv for now.
2-3 months is a very , very ong wait....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I am still wondering if the issue is the housing itself...as in the right side bored ot a few thousandths too large or something.
One has to wonder.................
I STILL really wish that I could get my hands on one of these.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to be able to drive the G while waiting for the new axle. Although it's not my daily driver, it's our only tv for now.
2-3 months is a very , very ong wait....
No reason almost any of these can't be driven as long as things are watched and it's understood that if fluid does get to the brakes, emergency braking could be impacted. Otherwise, there's no reason to not drive these unless the shop tore things apart, then decided what to order, and it's still apart. Me - I'd probably pay them 100 bucks to button it back up and let me drive it until the parts came in. Fortunately, mine is a 2020 with no leak (great, now where's some real wood to knock on)

I'd love to see one and take some measurements and do some investigating, forensics, to see just what's going on........

This is an older one, much worse leak. Fluid totally covered the parking brake and was getting to the others, but not quite.

Jeep Gladiator Leaking axle seal? IMG_20201011_141633

Axle checked out great - no runout, no scarring, size was perfect, bearing had broken and seal was worn.
Jeep Gladiator Leaking axle seal? IMG_20201011_154604

Housing was also fine - unsure why the outer part of the bearing actually broke but a small flange part of the outer "race" had snapped off. Didn't impact the bearing itself. Perhaps a shock like hitting a bad pot hole or something.
Jeep Gladiator Leaking axle seal? IMG_20201011_143723

Jeep Gladiator Leaking axle seal? IMG_20201011_143657

These aren't that difficult to see what's going on so I have some trouble understanding the lack of a solution at this point. There are only so many things to look at.
I'd be checking the axle tube or housing where the seal fits - is it perfectly round? Is it the correct size for the seal? Will the seal establish a good bond to the axle, is there enough surface area making contact seal to axle tube?
Are the axles lacking any runout or imperfections on the seal surface? Are the seals being used preloaded with a spring?
Is the leak between the seal lip and axle, or between seal shell and axle tube?

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Mine is finally in to the dealership today for repair. Fingers crossed, hopefully this will do the trick and end the leak.

Sponsored

Mudnyeri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried to keep track of what was earliest\latest MDH# with leak.
Earliest in thread with leak is 9-30-2020, latest is 5-26-2021.
I just got mine back yesterday. Parts took 10 days. Date of MFR (Built) is 9-19

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Mine is finally in to the dealership today for repair. Fingers crossed, hopefully this will do the trick and end the leak.
Pump fake, apparently the Parts and Service Depts don’t talk because supposedly they had another customer ahead of me waiting for the same parts. Pretty dysfunctional experience all the way around. On to 9 weeks waiting for me I guess.

MKC JT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
Mine was ordered 8/9 and checked with dealer today. I'm told it was shipped but lost by UPS and reordered today. We shall see.
Sponsored