AL_Jeep_Dad_

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Sport Max Tow, build date 7-21. RR axle seal leak. Noticed the leak around 3,500 miles. Dealership confirmed seal was leaking at the first service. Ordered parts on December 4th, got the call yesterday that they have received all the parts to make the repair. Dropping my JT off in the morning. Hopefully this will fix my problem. Will definitely be keeping a eye on it to make sure the axle seal doesn’t start leaking/ seeping after only a few hundred miles. Best of luck to all the other frustrated JT owners that keep having this axle leak.
Sponsored

ZSum73

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Well I'm off to the dealer tomorrow for eval, repair #2, my guess is eval first, wasting my days away. Noticed leak at 250 miles, Had repair in August at 600 miles or so with leak recurring in late November with 1500 miles, now 1680 miles and leak is as it was originally. If they don't have a fix or it's a new housing, I think it's trade in time. I'm not going to keep watching for this and hoping it's fixed. I love the truck, but I just don't have the time to keep watching it and returning for repair over and over.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Gosh this is so frustrating that it is still going on and there has not been a TSB yet. It has to be obvious to FCA there is an issue given the number of warranty repaiirs and parts orders. Bean counters in a backroom somewhere probably calculating costs/risks. Fingers crossed mine stayus dry this time (on my second repair already) but honestly expecting it to leak again. Such a silly issue for a modern vehicle to have...

jeep-addiction1973

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 BTS Willys JT on order
Occupation
Car Sales
Mine is leaking again and they never could diagnose the noise. I ordered a new wrangler back in November hoping i could have these issues resolved before it got here but no such luck. It's built and in transit. I'm going to miss the gladiator bed for sure.

ZSum73

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Had it looked at today.....leaking and axle order #2 in process with 4-6 weeks part backorder. My dealership, Quirk in Braintree, MA is awesome btw, but I wish FCA would figure this out and help owners and dealerships with this frustration.

Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
2021 Sport Max Tow, build date 7-21. RR axle seal leak. Noticed the leak around 3,500 miles. Dealership confirmed seal was leaking at the first service. Ordered parts on December 4th, got the call yesterday that they have received all the parts to make the repair. Dropping my JT off in the morning. Hopefully this will fix my problem. Will definitely be keeping a eye on it to make sure the axle seal doesn’t start leaking/ seeping after only a few hundred miles. Best of luck to all the other frustrated JT owners that keep having this axle leak.
What is your MDH#? It's on a sticker on b pillar inside driver door.

AL_Jeep_Dad_

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What is your MDH#? It's on a sticker on b pillar inside driver door.
MDH: 072111. Just got the JT back from the dealership this afternoon. First repair done. Will report back if it’s leaking again soon.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Has anyone noticed the leak getting progressively worse?
I haven’t taken mine in yet but I’m concerne they’re gonna look at the 39s and say KMA

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro-Blue Pearl Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Has anyone noticed the leak getting progressively worse?
I haven’t taken mine in yet but I’m concerne they’re gonna look at the 39s and say KMA
Yeah it gets worse over time, My first one got so bad it Coated the inside of the tire.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
2 or 3 ounces combined with road dust would completely mess up a rim and the back side of a tire. It seems like a lot, but...........
And IMO, the dealership should not only fix the leak but wash the wheel, tire, and other parts that get coated with crud due to the leak. When I was doing that sort of work the goal was to not only fix the leak but give the vehicle back in such a condition that there were no signs it had ever had a leak.

AL_Jeep_Dad_

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
2 or 3 ounces combined with road dust would completely mess up a rim and the back side of a tire. It seems like a lot, but...........
And IMO, the dealership should not only fix the leak but wash the wheel, tire, and other parts that get coated with crud due to the leak. When I was doing that sort of work the goal was to not only fix the leak but give the vehicle back in such a condition that there were no signs it had ever had a leak.
I agree, I just assumed the dealership would clean the oil and dirt off the inside of the wheel when they repaired it. But they did not… I told the service writer that it was BS that the tech didn’t clean the oil off the rim before he put it back on the truck! I will remove the wheel this weekend and clean it myself.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
MDH: 072111. Just got the JT back from the dealership this afternoon. First repair done. Will report back if it’s leaking again soon.
You know yours is almost 2 months past the previous latest I had observed on here. Kinda wonder how old your axle is? There is a number stamped into dif cover, snap a pic if you don't mind.

EDIT: Nevermind a guy in next page over has one 2 months later.....

Last edited:

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Yeah it gets worse over time, My first one got so bad it Coated the inside of the tire.
Mine's coated the inside of the tire, but believe it or not, still not low. My axle just got here's so they're installing on Thurs this week. Only took like 2 weeks to come in.

Kickaxe07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro-Blue Pearl Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Mine's coated the inside of the tire, but believe it or not, still not low. My axle just got here's so they're installing on Thurs this week. Only took like 2 weeks to come in.
Mine was really low, I didnt notice it until I saw it splattered on the shock. I was walking around it and just noticed on accident. Glad I did before the rear gears exploded

20211001_132150.jpg
Sponsored