Sponsored

Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires!

Deezul_JT

First Name
Sayed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I fry chicken
Synergy:

Front 2" coils, 1" Teraflex spacer from leveling kit.
Upper and Lower control arms.
Track Bar, Tie Rod, Drag Link, stabilizer.
Track Bar/Sector Shaft Brace.
Fox IFP shocks.
Bump stops 3"

Rear 2" Coils no pucks.
Adjustable track bar.
Fox IFP shocks
Bump stops 2"

Wheels: Method 105 Beadlocks 3.5 BS
Tries 37" Wrangler MTR

Slight rake in the rear allowing for gear, Elements fridge etc etc.

Clean and simple. Quality stuff, very happy.

IMG_7742.jpeg

Nice set up!! Diesel or gasser? Regear for 37's?
Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Those tires look great. How do they ride on road?
They’re on the loud side, which is to be expected with how aggressive they are. I thought they rode fine but that that I have stock ATs on for winter, you can definitely tell the difference. The ride is much smoother right now.

Sponsored

Deezul_JT

First Name
Sayed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I fry chicken
Nice looking rig, Sayed! Sucks waiting on tires, but it is what it is. What tires are you getting? Also, please check out NOVA Jeepers to meet like minded Jeepers and join us on trail rides.

Thank you sir! I went with Toyo Open Country A/T 3's. I like the more well mannered look.

I checked out the Nova Jeepers page. Seems there's a membership fee? Could you dm me deets? Thanks.

Sponsored

AmerxonDavid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technician
Hello everyone, I am looking for some answers and advice.

I previously owned a Jeep Wrangler JL with 3.5 inch lift from RK x FACTOR system, I sold the Jeep and got the Gladiator RUbicon. I managed to saved my lift kit from JL thinking I could salvage the front end and use it on the JT. so I did,

Front triple rate coils, Twin tube shocks, front upper and lower adjustable control arms were installed on the front. I managed to fit the rear JL shocks to fit the JT mounts with modification, I bought a rear JKS 1.5 inch lift coil spring part no. JSPEC1257 . there are no description on this part regarding the coil rate, bump stops were added in the rear aswell.

I did not adjusted the control arms since they are set to proper specs for 3.5 inch lift and worked perfectly fine on my JL, I figured It wouldn't affect anything on the JT since the fronts are similar.

how is the Ride?

it is shitty, felt like I'm driving on my springs. felt like the truck is an empty can, you can feel all the bumps, it is harsh on smaller bumps. I can't seem to figured weather if the combination of the twin tube shock in the rear and unknown coil rate. I'm also blaming the control arms not set properly for this truck or worse is that this whole kit is not tuned for Gladiator.

good side is, there is ZERO death wobble on stock tie rod and drag link. I also added the steersmarts adjustable front track bar. it drive straight and everything feels tight, forgot to mentioned that everything is torqued to specs.

I am considering changing all four shocks to something stiffer, but the triple rate coil in the front could make everything worst.

what have I done?

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey
Hello everyone, I am looking for some answers and advice.

I previously owned a Jeep Wrangler JL with 3.5 inch lift from RK x FACTOR system, I sold the Jeep and got the Gladiator RUbicon. I managed to saved my lift kit from JL thinking I could salvage the front end and use it on the JT. so I did,

Front triple rate coils, Twin tube shocks, front upper and lower adjustable control arms were installed on the front. I managed to fit the rear JL shocks to fit the JT mounts with modification, I bought a rear JKS 1.5 inch lift coil spring part no. JSPEC1257 . there are no description on this part regarding the coil rate, bump stops were added in the rear aswell.

I did not adjusted the control arms since they are set to proper specs for 3.5 inch lift and worked perfectly fine on my JL, I figured It wouldn't affect anything on the JT since the fronts are similar.

how is the Ride?

it is shitty, felt like I'm driving on my springs. felt like the truck is an empty can, you can feel all the bumps, it is harsh on smaller bumps. I can't seem to figured weather if the combination of the twin tube shock in the rear and unknown coil rate. I'm also blaming the control arms not set properly for this truck or worse is that this whole kit is not tuned for Gladiator.

good side is, there is ZERO death wobble on stock tie rod and drag link. I also added the steersmarts adjustable front track bar. it drive straight and everything feels tight, forgot to mentioned that everything is torqued to specs.

I am considering changing all four shocks to something stiffer, but the triple rate coil in the front could make everything worst.

what have I done?
I think you answered a lot of your own questions. I would add that mixing and matching suspension parts between 2 vehicles, regardless of their similarity, is never a good idea. A JL and JT have different weights and that weight is also distributed differently across the chassis.

AmerxonDavid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technician
I think you answered a lot of your own questions. I would add that mixing and matching suspension parts between 2 vehicles, regardless of their similarity, is never a good idea. A JL and JT have different weights and that weight is also distributed differently across the chassis.

Thanks! I just needed someone else opinion and I think it's the shocks, now that it is warmer, the ride has been rather smoother. it's only February but we'll definitely see some arctic weather here before end of March, should proved my theory that the shocks are no good for this truck especially when it's freezing.