First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Auto worker
I had a 1976 Cherokee but never lifted it and I have only had my 2022 Gladiator Willys for three weeks so I need some help and don't trust the dealer or shops to give me the right answer rather than the most expensive solution. I only need a bit of more lift and won't be doing any rock climbing, it's mostly for appearance as I hate the factory forward tilt look. Questions are is a spacer leveling kit all I really need? And if so what is the most lift I can use without changing my shocks? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
If you're only interested in leveling out the truck, Teraflex makes a nice leveling kit that will suit your needs.

Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy 1669754414962

If you want an actual lift that will let you keep your shocks, there several kits that add a spacer between the frame and the spring, combined with shock extensions. My truck came with a Ready lift 2.5 kit that kept the factory suspension for around 500 bucks. There's other options as well.

Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy 1669754452582

OP
OP
Ottoparts

Ottoparts

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto worker
If you're only interested in leveling out the truck, Terraflex makes a nice leveling kit that will suit your needs.

If you want an actual lift that will let you keep your shocks, there several kits that add a spacer between the frame and the spring, combined with shock extensions. My truck came with a Ready lift 2.5 kit that kept the factory suspension for around 500 bucks.
Thanks, that lift sounds great So the ready lift kit raised the front 2.5" and the back 1" right?

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Thanks, that lift sounds great So the ready lift kit raised the front 2.5" and the back 1" right?
This kit raises the front 2.5 inches, and the rear 2 inches, my truck still has some forward rake, not as much as stock, but I've got Mojave shocks and springs now, so it may look different on yours. I'm on 37's just so you know. There's other kits that may have less lift in the back.

Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy IMG_5742[1].JPG

Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy 1669754643651

OP
OP
Ottoparts

Ottoparts

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto worker
Man that looks great, and yeah I can't even really tell yours has any forward rake. The factory rake is offensive to me:(

Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
I just put the Teraflex 1.5" front level in mine and Rubicon 33's. Looks great and is going to be realistic for most of the adventures I will be on.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
If you want it level then stick with the spacer leveling kits. The other spacer kits lift it the same both front and back. I went with the AEV spacer kit and love it but it still has the rake as it was 2" front and back.

Rubi 1.jpg

tom.mary.glad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 3.6L, automatic with max tow
I used the Alloy USA 61001 Suspension Leveling Kit, Front, 1.5 Inch Lift - $111 from Amazon to just raise the front end. It took out most of the factory rake. It has shock extension brackets so no need to replace shocks.

OP
OP
Ottoparts

Ottoparts

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto worker
If you want it level then stick with the spacer leveling kits. The other spacer kits lift it the same both front and back. I went with the AEV spacer kit and love it but it still has the rake as it was 2" front and back.

Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy Rubi 1
Looks good, I went Sarge green too.
Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy IMG_20221123_101506841_HDR
It sounds like from all this good advice a leveling kit is all I really need. I would love a little more lift but right now I don't want to get into too much expense.

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Looks good, I went Sarge green too.
Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy IMG_20221123_101506841_HDR
It sounds like from all this good advice a leveling kit is all I really need. I would love a little more lift but right now I don't want to get into too much expense.
Looking good! The AEV kit ($459) raised it 2 inches front and back and I dont notice the rake as much.

jbretthorton

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Program Manager

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
If you are going to do the #Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit, don't forget to add the #Teraflex 2" Shock Extension if you want to keep the shock travel closer to oem spec.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Jeep Gladiator Level or Lift? Help the new guy lifted.PNG

Paid $71.99 for a 2.5" level kit up front that included shock extensions, spacers, bump stops, and sway bar end links. The whole process up front took about 90 minutes. It's 5 bolts per side (10 if you include lug nuts) and very easy to do. I also purchased a 3/4" spacer on the rear for an additional 28.99 (not installed in this photo) because once I added the 37s I put the spare in the bed and the front was a tad bit higher than the rear. So the 3/4" spacer in the rear was a perfect option for me, and it only cost me a C note.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I'll recommend you do it the right way. I'm not a fan of spacer lifts - if I'm going to do anything I want incremental performance not just looks. Anytime you lift anything with a spacer lift you change the suspension geometry (usually for the worse).

This is the route I would go:
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-15-leveling-kit-2020-jt

This comes with lower control arms and a track bar to center your axle. You know the saying - buy once, cry once.
Sponsored